Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Judging from the woeful display of self-pity this morning, I'm not surprised she only got 4½ GCSE's, clearly she's the girl that did her homework on the bus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh great, those sleeves on Billie Eilish can double up as colanders.

I also thought her old firefighter boots looked the part in the first ensemble.

View attachment 257783View attachment 257784

- for example, there's a bit on stretching a chicken over 5 days, .....

What do I do with it after the 5th day?

I see that some of the food items have been in the smeg so long that they too have developed sentience, and joined a forum.

Ok, fess up, which one of you is actually the pistachio milk?
I’m the E. coli salad bags. I am currently experiencing all-pervading self hatred and an overwhelming sense of doom.
I’m the 4 year old mustard she brings back to life every few months x
I am the frozen chippy chips. And so is my wife.
I’m the corned beef. Life’s a witch.
I’m POBP; liberally applied and slow to catch on

Maybe her Grandad was the innocent smoothie.

Swarthy...because ethnic

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Patchy? Get to duck love. Sincerely, someone with about a 3 inch diameter circle of fuzzy baby hair on both sides of her temples.
Yep.

My boy’s hair is just growing back after months of chemo. The joy on his face when he saw that his eyebrows were starting to grow back and you could see a slight peach fuzz of stubble on his scalp.

We did a happy dance!

• Heart
Reactions: 116
Either she is blind or I am. WHERE ARE THE PATCHES? What is wrong with her hairline? It looks perfectly lush to me.
It's not at all patchy, looks really thick (actually jealous!) She's just going a bit grey at the sides, which isn't totally unusual at her age

Reactions: 24
This makes me so bleeping mad.

I think I may have commented on this before? 🙄 But this is pure wank.

I have PCOS, and as a consequence since my mid teens my hair has been thinning. It thins considerably more during times of high stress and depressive episodes.

I know there are women who have it a lot worse than me, but I am not even 30 and I have significant thinning at the front of my head. So much so that in most photos I look partially bald.

I *HATE* this soo much. It's the thing I am most self conscious of than anything else, because there is no hiding that you can see my scalp. I used to have this beautiful thick hair, and now I have very thin and thinning hair that I know is only going to get worse.

I cannot see her scalp, I cannot see any patches or attempts to hide parts of her head where it is worse.

😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
It's not at all patchy, looks really thick (actually jealous!) She's just going a bit grey at the sides, which isn't totally unusual at her age
This! The only reason it looks a bit uneven is cos she did a botch job with a cheap beard trimmer (aka 3 sets of uber FANCY Expensive clippers).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m starting to feel sorry for the paper clip. I think he may have finally met his match.
Can someone please please Photoshop the eyes poking out from that cat Balaclava and put it on the Microsoft paperclip. Please please please. I lack the knowledge

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I don’t get how a 50 minute walk to Lidl (probably actually 5 then given this is Jack) would negate any savings she made? Does walking cost money in Jack’s strange world or something?
According to google there's only a small difference in the walk to Asda and lidl. It's only 6 minutes longer to walk to Lidl, so the difference isn't really a factor tbh. Or am I just used to walking everywhere myself?

Reactions: 32
Jack trying to produce "relatable" writer content is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen, and I was here for the sideboard thot shots.

It's glaringly, mortifyingly obvious to anyone with an ounce of experience that she doesn't edit her writing, or indeed take any care with it: she spews it all onto the page in a horrible pile and her editor does (IMO) a lax job of cleaning it up and adding some structure, leaving in plenty of that awful, gushy prose and overwrought metaphor that the Jackolytes seem to love.

I love an academic/ writer meme as much as the last person. I resonate strongly with the despair. But I find the despair actually comes significantly earlier than 13(??) days before deadline, it's in the post-conception/ early implementation stage of project when you question the very usefulness of anything you're doing. By this stage she should be at steely resignation, powering through, fuelled by sugar free Monster drinks and fear.

Also I call bullshit on writing in a denim shirt. Too structured. It's an egg-stained hoodie and fleece pyjamas or you're never gonna get that book in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
This makes me so bleeping mad.

I think I may have commented on this before? 🙄 But this is pure wank.

I have PCOS, and as a consequence since my mid teens my hair has been thinning. It thins considerably more during times of high stress and depressive episodes.

I know there are women who have it a lot worse than me, but I am not even 30 and I have significant thinning at the front of my head. So much so that in most photos I look partially bald.

I *HATE* this soo much. It's the thing I am most self conscious of than anything else, because there is no hiding that you can see my scalp. I used to have this beautiful thick hair, and now I have very thin and thinning hair that I know is only going to get worse.

I cannot see her scalp, I cannot see any patches or attempts to hide parts of her head where it is worse.

😭
I'm really sorry you're experiencing this, it's really upsetting. A good friend of mine eventually got a hair topper to hide her thinning hair, which I know wasn't cheap, but really helped her confidence. It's a really difficult thing for a woman to go through. JM doesn't understand what actually thinning hair is, there's not a patch of it on her head.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Can someone please please Photoshop the eyes poking out from that cat Balaclava and put it on the Microsoft paperclip. Please please please. I lack the knowledge
And then maybe add rose west glasses?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.