Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon she was up furious last thinking about brexit, and the lack of food food shortages. Thinking about all that money and numerous tv presenting gigs she could have made advising the nation on how to feed your family for a week on half a turnip, a block of lard and a shilling.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack was on testosterone for an undetermined amount of time, and that does cause hair loss. It's possible, then, that she has been left with hair very slightly thinner than it was before but as she naturally has really thick hair, only she notices.

TBH it's one of those stupid hang-ups that she shouldn't be sharing publically. It's a bit like the way I feel a little self-conscious about my disproportionately muscly calves, especially in comparison with my weak upper body. I have nice legs, and I know this, so if I start complaining, it'll look like I'm fishing for compliments - even if I look in the mirror at some angles and cringe, I keep it to myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I rinse my lentils and rice. I use a mesh stainless steel colander.
To confirm, I do this before cooking. You can also see any stones in the lentils and take them out. I got my set of stainless steel mesh colanders at Lidl for a snip. 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I know if she didn’t do it there would be nothing to talk about but seriously all these selfies on a timer It seems a seriously unhealthy relationship with Twitter to be this obsessed?
she probably took a lot for than 4 snaps. setting up a timer and posing is hardly a quick candid selfie.

• Haha
I don't know if anyone has seen Spaced, but those 'candid' writing shots remind me of when Daisy, the would-be journalist, feigns losing her glasses to put off writing an article. And then there's a montage of her typing away (on a typewriter, no less, Jackie's next big purchase?) which ends her with collapsing in exhaustion. Turns out she'd be writing for five minutes.
Yesssss!! Oh it’s brilliant!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jack was on testosterone for an undetermined amount of time, and that does cause hair loss. It's possible, then, that she has been left with hair very slightly thinner than it was before but as she naturally has really thick hair, only she notices.

TBH it's one of those stupid hang-ups that she shouldn't be sharing publically. It's a bit like the way I feel a little self-conscious about my disproportionately muscly calves, especially in comparison with my weak upper body. I have nice legs, and I know this, so if I start complaining, it'll look like I'm fishing for compliments - even if I look in the mirror at some angles and cringe, I keep it to myself!
I know I’m a bastard but I really hope she develops a bald spot.

• Haha
I see that some of the food items have been in the smeg so long that they too have developed sentience, and joined a forum.

Ok, fess up, which one of you is actually the pistachio milk?
sentient pistachio milk — new user name 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 19
(Every time i look at this i find something new to laugh at 😄)

This is a BLATANT FAKE. Although at first glance the forgery is very convincing, if Jack wrote this there would be a lot more randomly capitalised words, and some "fancy" words thrown in but used wrong

Edit: just got the 521 server error on tattle and thought "oh tit her lawyers are all logging into the site at once 😄"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
This makes me so bleeping mad.

I think I may have commented on this before? 🙄 But this is pure wank.

I have PCOS, and as a consequence since my mid teens my hair has been thinning. It thins considerably more during times of high stress and depressive episodes.

I know there are women who have it a lot worse than me, but I am not even 30 and I have significant thinning at the front of my head. So much so that in most photos I look partially bald.

I *HATE* this soo much. It's the thing I am most self conscious of than anything else, because there is no hiding that you can see my scalp. I used to have this beautiful thick hair, and now I have very thin and thinning hair that I know is only going to get worse.

I cannot see her scalp, I cannot see any patches or attempts to hide parts of her head where it is worse.

😭
Babe, same. Textbook same! I feel like my hair is shrinking at the moment - not falling out, but thinner and just generally magically less of it. Lil' baby fluff at the temples. Ill-advised fringe receding into oblivion. Flash photography, between the thin spots and the hirsutism, is my nemesis. Chest bumps another soul cyster

In terms of foodstuffs, I am a slimy mushroom atop a radiator.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
That is the whole basis of my dislike of Mx Monroe. Her example of how to live off £20 a week is impossible when you look closely, but gives credence to those that think benefits are too generous.

All her other nonsense is just that, annoying nonsense.
This is a point that she has simply and repeatedly FAILED TO GRASP, despite the fact that she is supposed to be such an “expert” that she’s writing a book about poverty. She’s either thick or wilfully obtuse.

Reactions: 19
Fraus, I was shocked to discover last week that my local Asda has entirely got rid of its reduced section (🔺), probably due to the covid-y rugby scrum of people always lurking around it. Is it terrible of me to hope that Southend Asda follows suit?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.