Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads of people in her mentions (on facebook and twitter) have been telling her about the Too Good To Go etc apps - you know, the ones which alert you to the deals from local supermarkets / shops / restaurants at the end of the day, where you can pick up a box of wonky veg etc for, like £3 or whatever. I wonder why she hasn't mentioned them yet.
Re shopping lists - I've been writing more now I can't pop to the shops as much as I used to pre-lockdown, and planning more. I'm a single person household so I can't really compare (plus I have a rather stocked 'larder' and freezer) but there are certain things I need to buy every week or so, so that the top items on my list remain constant: Milk, bread, cheese, eggs, loo roll, fresh veg. The veg I get dictates what I make that week. I don't know what my point is here, other than to say I don't know why she has to make literally everything so complicated.
Maybe she does and doesn't want anyone else to get a fair share like the way she buys up so much yellow stickered item's and real poor people miss out

Reactions: 17
I know if she didn’t do it there would be nothing to talk about but seriously all these selfies on a timer It seems a seriously unhealthy relationship with Twitter to be this obsessed?

Reactions: 28
I don't know if anyone has seen Spaced, but those 'candid' writing shots remind me of when Daisy, the would-be journalist, feigns losing her glasses to put off writing an article. And then there's a montage of her typing away (on a typewriter, no less, Jackie's next big purchase?) which ends her with collapsing in exhaustion. Turns out she'd be writing for five minutes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Silly mare...tbose selfies are totally aimed at someone ...a potential new Mrs J.

Who sits down, sets a timer and then just strikes a pose...unless tbey are a model?Shes so self absorbed its almost unreal.
It seems worse than self absorbed ? Twitter seems to be her only thing ?

Reactions: 18
How are we on 79 Jack threads, yet Jameela’s was started first and we’re only on the second.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I don't know if anyone has seen Spaced, but those 'candid' writing shots remind me of when Daisy, the would-be journalist, feigns losing her glasses to put off writing an article. And then there's a montage of her typing away (on a typewriter, no less, Jackie's next big purchase?) which ends her with collapsing in exhaustion. Turns out she'd be writing for five minutes.
I know exactly the scene, and YES. The zoom in and out of the clock 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I know exactly the scene, and YES. The zoom in and out of the clock 😂
I say "my glasses, where are my glasses?" far too often when looking for something oh my desk at work, and I doubt anyone gets the reference (especially as I don't wear glasses at work!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
According to google there's only a small difference in the walk to Asda and lidl. It's only 6 minutes longer to walk to Lidl, so the difference isn't really a factor tbh. Or am I just used to walking everywhere myself?
You are THERE. She is HERE. #Jackspace

• Haha
Reactions: 25
In meetings I often pretend to making important notes. in reality I might just be jotting down what I need to pick on the way home.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m back on! My sister has logged me into twitter as she’s a follower and I can see once again (not that there’s anything to see). No Asda trip then?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.