Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late on the Burberry scarf but I don’t know why she bothers buying the odd “luxury” (hate that word) item when she pairs it with such utter shite? I know the coven hate the scarf but it can look cool af if you can actually dress, which we’ve established she can’t. It’s sad she’s spending £200 a pop on shoes, £350 on cashmere scarves and still look like a Karen old enough to be her mother? Honestly £40 in uni qlo and you can look cool af - this is so unnecessary.

And sad that she can’t fit tuition in her budget after these unveils isn’t it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Late on the Burberry scarf but I don’t know why she bothers buying the odd “luxury” (hate that word) item when she pairs it with such utter shite? I know the coven hate the scarf but it can look cool af if you can actually dress, which we’ve established she can’t. It’s sad she’s spending £200 a pop on shoes, £350 on cashmere scarves and still look like a Karen old enough to be her mother? Honestly £40 in uni qlo and you can look cool af - this is so unnecessary.

And sad that she can’t fit tuition in her budget after these unveils isn’t it.
Totally. It's just like with her interior design. No style, just throwing money at something expensive which she hopes will impress. I have a total weakness for expensive clothes but before I make a big purchase (which is relative cos I'm quite poor - I'm talking like sth from Sandro not Burberry!) I imagine how I'll wear it, what it'll go with, what situations I can apply the piece to... Part of the fun is making a statement piece work in your wardrobe of, as you say, uniqlo 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The last one is hilarious. Sausage, baked beans and lettuce (not shown on shopping list but definitely visible in the pic) in a pitta bread.
“Smokey” sausage. Not sure where the smokiness comes from when pairing Lincolnshire sausages with baked beans and no additional seasoning.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Your write-ups are brilliant @Pocahontas but also educational. I can now add “joie de vivre” to my growing list of new words & phrases learned from your thread recaps. I’ve still yet to use “betwixt” IRL.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack Monroe
Can you imagine Jack's recipe for sausage, mash, peas and gravy?

INGREDIENTS
6 x sausages (3p each)
Asda essential cola (17p) - to marinade the sausages
1 tin of sweetcorn INC. ephemera
Instant potato mash
POBP
1 tin spaghetti hoops (rinsed) mixed with 1 tin of marrowfat peas
red lentils
Gravy granules
1 kilo lard
Handful of kale
1 tin Tesco finest sardines
1 5 day old bag of lettuce
1 cup cold tea
3 tablespoons tomato puree mixed with 500ml stock & some tiny bits of carrot

EQUIPMENT
Bullet blender
Slow cooker
Mandolin
Sieve
Chainsaw
Le Creuset casserole dish
Sunglasses
Potato ricer
Air Fryer (aff link)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

INGREDIENTS
6 x sausages (3p each)
Instant potato mash
POBP
red lentils
Gravy granules
1 kilo lard
Handful of kale
1 cup cold tea

EQUIPMENT
Bullet blender
Slow cooker
Mandolin
Sieve
Chainsaw
Sunglasses
Potato ricer
Air Fryer (aff link)
Chainsaw! HAHAHA! HAHAHA! That's done me!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ohhhhhh I can’t keep up with these threads at the mo! But I had to comment on that insta post from the last thread because it made me absolutely seethe. You know she absolutely loved that two people were concerned for her and took time out of their day to pay some attention to fragile little troubled Jack (if it happened which it probably didn’t). It’s so pathetic. Jack Monroe, the protagonist of reality.

‘Notoriously deep lake’. How deep does a lake have to be to obtain notoriety? Does it penetrate into the earth’s core? Is it a gateway into hell? To be fair I’d consider any place with Jack sat waiting at the end of it the gateway to hell.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52

INGREDIENTS
6 x sausages (3p each)
Instant potato mash
POBP
red lentils
Gravy granules
1 kilo lard
Handful of kale
1 cup cold tea

EQUIPMENT
Bullet blender
Slow cooker
Mandolin
Sieve
Chainsaw
Sunglasses
Potato ricer
Air Fryer (aff link)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not sure if it's been asked, she said Mrs J joined Tattle, was it her awakening? She left her after/around the DKL time didn't she?

ETA was everyone aware Mrs J was here?
She claimed she joined but was banned, she was going to provide details to yel, but no idea if she ever did 🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 21
CABAL I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE!

So today I went to Jack’s (the supermarket) and picked up this leaflet - “5 family lunches for under £15”. Thought it might have some good meal ideas for me in it, and honestly I did think I’d be showing you all how their budget-friendly ideas were so much better than Mackies.

Then I looked inside.

You will not believe it fraus. Every single meal contains sausages.

The shopping list for this budget-friendly week of meals calls for you to buy FIVE PACKS of sausages and cook EIGHT SAUSAGES PER NIGHT. Granted, they suggest proper Lincolnshire pork sausages, not the bollock variety, but still. The name Jacks, the budget ideas, and the excess of sausages - too many coincidences not to share with you all.
I’ve always thought that shop gave off major gammon vibes, but I guess I got it confused with sausages.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ohhhhhh I can’t keep up with these threads at the mo! But I had to comment on that insta post from the last thread because it made me absolutely seethe. You know she absolutely loved that two people were concerned for her and took time out of their day to pay some attention to fragile little troubled Jack (if it happened which it probably didn’t). It’s so pathetic. Jack Monroe, the protagonist of reality.

‘Notoriously deep lake’. How deep does a lake have to be to obtain notoriety? Does it penetrate into the earth’s core? Is it a gateway into hell? To be fair I’d consider any place with Jack sat waiting at the end of it the gateway to hell.
I think the inference was that she might put stones in her pockets and put herself in.
On the one hand it’s a load of nonsense attention seeking that would be dismissed as such.
On the other, it feeds in to just the kind of thing that triggers vulnerable, kind people who she dangles on her line.
Despicable.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Chipotle Tabasco sauce gives a nice smoky hint too, but with a bit of a kick.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.