Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In reality if you had 20 quid to feed 2 for a week you’d be eating a lot of potato. Jacket potato and beans fills you up and is cheap.

Write a blog about that jack you lying twit.
It's less than £3 a bleeping day. Do you know what - I think that our Jack may be, what's the word, it's on the tip of my tongue...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It genuinely makes me feel sad to imagine! She was always going on about how Louisa was a crap cook but I bet she just insisted on being control of the cooking at all times

I present to you an actually appetising pasta dish by mr blurst (about to be eaten on the sofa cos it’s Saturday innit)
*Chefs kiss* for that carbonara Mr Blurst - I think if you added a smidgen of salmon paste and lobbed it in the nutribullet we'd be on another level though...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Can't stand this bollocks. You mean you didn't make enough and those eating were still hungry.

Decent portions.

What a concept.
We've had flavour, we've had texture, and now, Jackie, we fraus present to you -

4gdqw2~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Welcome dear heart, love learning what the turning point for our new fraus was. The David W shitfit feels positively vanilla compared to more recent antics 😂
The Jamie Oliver debacle. The pile on she seemed to tacitly approve (imho). It was shocking, awful and utterly unwarranted. And I’m still here because she keeps on doing the same thing and to see her lies documented.

And because the Fraus are so supportive, stupendous and so gosh darn witty. Lockdown has been total tit but the camaraderie of the Fraus has been so f’ing WONDERFUL.

Can I go for a piss and a sandwich now? LOL!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
In reality if you had 20 quid to feed 2 for a week you’d be eating a lot of potato. Jacket potato and beans fills you up and is cheap.

A lovely big bowl of steaming champ with a knob of butter melting through it. Food of the gods, nourishing and so cheap! Her Norn Irish ancestors would've had it with a glass of buttermilk left over from the churning on the side. Maybe she should start churning her own butter.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
On her Facebook page she says that the pasta dish has chargrilled red pepper sauce but there are clearly just chunks of un chargrilled peppers in both 🤷‍♀️

'Lunch was pasta - I’m using up all the dregs of the nice packets before opening the cheap stuff so conchiglionie today! Red lentil, soft cream cheese and chargrilled red pepper sauce, with steamed kale (sieve balanced above the steaming drained pasta), #bottledlemonjuice and #plentyofblackpepper. Served two and we both kind of wished I’d made a bit more of it. Recipe to come - I’m still writing up the stir fry and yesterday’s salmon-paste soup, not sure where the day has gone!'

Why does she need to post recipes, she's just told everyone what to cook!

PS - what is natural porch light, is it another cost-cutting idea or is she taking all the lightbulbs out again soon??
Don’t be a saleswoman, Jack. You’ve admitted the £20 food is a load of tit compared to your usual stuff. Stick to Tesco Finest and Ocado.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
A lovely big bowl of steaming champ with a knob of butter melting through it. Food of the gods, nourishing and so cheap! Her Norn Irish ancestors would've had it with a glass of buttermilk left over from the churning on the side. Maybe she should start churning her own butter.
Buttermilk poured over cornbread was a dish my father ate growing up in the US.

Reactions: 11
It genuinely makes me feel sad to imagine! She was always going on about how Louisa was a crap cook but I bet she just insisted on being control of the cooking at all times

I present to you an actually appetising pasta dish by mr blurst (about to be eaten on the sofa cos it’s Saturday innit)
#POBP on there Mr Blurst. Well done. (Looks yum)

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I agree I had a really bad patch a few years ago mentally and financially. Not for long thankfully. I practically lived on tesco value potatoes and value beans, mostly because it was hot filling and cheap. I had no internet back then so was a bit stuck for ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.