Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it funny. A big deal about doing a £20 shop and the most edible thing isn’t made from that shop?
in fact that she hasn’t shown that has covered a week for 2 people (breakfast for one shown, 2 lunches).
Was it a £20 top up shop then?

Reactions: 46
Isn’t it funny. A big deal about doing a £20 shop and the most edible thing isn’t made from that shop?
in fact that she hasn’t shown that has covered a week for 2 people (breakfast for one shown, 2 lunches).
She would be a much better advocate for those she claims to represent if she simply came out and stated that it is not possible to feed two people nutritious, filling food on a £20 a week food budget.

That's what makes me so angry - this lie that you can is actually dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She would be a much better advocate for those she claims to represent if she simply came out and stated that it is not possible to feed two people nutritious, filling food on a £20 a week food budget.

That's what makes me so angry - this lie that you can is actually dangerous.
It also plays into the hands of those in Government that think that benefits are generous.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
But what does it say for our dear heart when our little group is her second most popular search term, above her recipes?

1576AF9C-4EC9-4473-AB4C-5D07AA4F59A3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Does anyone else feel like if they had Jack's foundation -- as in, her current connections, income, living situation, etc. -- they could not only be doing a better job of cooking and writing professionally but also of managing their professional profile and advocating for disenfranchised people and lobbying for policy change? She has sooooo much opportunity and pisses it away.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Does anyone else feel like if they had Jack's foundation -- as in, her current connections, income, living situation, etc. -- they could not only be doing a better job of cooking and professionally but also of managing their professional profile and advocating for disenfranchised people and lobbying for policy change? She has sooooo much opportunity and pisses it away.
Yes, absolutely x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Also important to differentiate income from net worth, you can have a high income but low, or even negative, net worth if you spunk it all. So yes I agree with Jackie it’s preposterous to suggest she’s capable of saving anything, there’s a John Lewis sale on sweeties x

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It's a big callback, but I'm a very untravelled frau (plus frequent Grunker). Would one of our more jetsetting types confirm or deny that the River Nile is (as I suspect) brown? Could Eau de Nil literally be our friend's signature colour?
Oh my God, I have laughed so much today, even though I am sore all over after yesterday's medical procedures. You lot are a tonic!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s very odd that she has so many followers and so little engagement. (Although the followers are dropping fairly steadily). I reckon a lot of people followed her after the Hopkins case and have no interest in the food. Her Twitter feed is like a tiny fly buzzing in your ear, it’s just a constant humour-free drip-feed of every single thing she does, so irritating - I bet a lot of her followers have muted her.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Was there milk on that original shopping list as well? Does small/big boy not have milk still?
She mentioned she gets it delivered.

I have 2 SBs and it's really important to me that it is not glossed over how hungry growing kids are. It costs a lot to not have them hungry. It's like she's actively trying to demonstrate that kids can live on bare minimum nutritionally deficient rations.

I just don't understand why, except that her need for attention overwhelms all rational thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
That’s not £20 then is it? I think my 11 year old gets through a pint a day still. And she never stops eating... ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Does anyone else feel like if they had Jack's foundation -- as in, her current connections, income, living situation, etc. -- they could not only be doing a better job of cooking and writing professionally but also of managing their professional profile and advocating for disenfranchised people and lobbying for policy change? She has sooooo much opportunity and pisses it away.
Yep, this is spot on. Regardless of her incessant whingeing about her 4.5 GCSEs from Grammar School and having to tolerate poor children staying in her house, she has social and cultural (and economic, what with Daddy being a press-chasing landlord) capital in spades.

How many people happen to know journalists who make it their mission to tell the world about their temporary plight on benefits? How many people have a millionaire ex with links across the restaurant and publishing industries? How many people have an agent gunning for them and managing their PR disasters (or in Jack's case, the Sisyphean task of making her delete libellous tweets)? An ex-fiancée on good terms who happens to be a commissioning editor at Channel 4?

She has so many people to turn to for help, advice, mentorship and work. She has hoardes of deranged fans who seemingly would die for her. She's so, so lucky. And yet it never seems to be enough, even to make her aim for vaguely competent performance.

It's sad, really. Not for her, because I genuinely think she's evil. But because her place could be taken by someone so much more worthy of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Literally that’s all it was, hey guys just going to do my #frugal #budget shop for the week got some bread and milk follow me to see how I make this last #dontsayidonttakethisseriously

she’s full of her billy basic tips as though everyone else just fell from space

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I have 2 SBs and it's really important to me that it is not glossed over how hungry growing kids are. It costs a lot to not have them hungry. It's like she's actively trying to demonstrate that kids can live on bare minimum nutritionally deficient rations.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Honestly, keeping up with these threads could be a full time job!

I just can't get over (though really should know better...) her snippy 'I'm NOT back' only days ago to the nice Mr squiggle only for her to tweet almost endlessly since.

Fraus, does anyone have the receipt of her commenting somewhere on how random words in capitals set her teeth on edge? Something she does all the bastard time
Her random capitalising of the first letters (ugh!) feel like a very 'I'm a dry, witty blogger (except I'm not funny for tit)' style tactic...it also makes her sound like she's bloody Enid Blyton or someone. GETTING SHOUTY LIKE THIS is quite normal, But Doing This All The Time is really, excruciatingly irritating.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Yep, this is spot on. Regardless of her incessant whingeing about her 4.5 GCSEs from Grammar School and having to tolerate poor children staying in her house, she has social and cultural (and economic, what with Daddy being a press-chasing landlord) capital in spades.

How many people happen to know journalists who make it their mission to tell the world about their temporary plight on benefits? How many people have a millionaire ex with links across the restaurant and publishing industries? How many people have an agent gunning for them and managing their PR disasters (or in Jack's case, the Sisyphean task of making her delete libellous tweets)? An ex-fiancée on good terms who happens to be a commissioning editor at Channel 4?

She has so many people to turn to for help, advice, mentorship and work. She has hoardes of deranged fans who seemingly would die for her. She's so, so lucky. And yet it never seems to be enough, even to make her aim for vaguely competent performance.

It's sad, really. Not for her, because I genuinely think she's evil. But because her place could be taken by someone so much more worthy of it.
"Sisyphean Task.." HAHAHA! Perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm still not over finding the Burberry scarf in the mud. Can we have proof please Jack. There is no way that you, who documents every mundane life event possible on your social media, never mentioned this before. And how did you get it looking so NEW? Here for the miraculous cleaning tips xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.