Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t writing a blog post on how to eat a random combination of randomly reduced price items a bit like writing a blog post on how to win the lottery....

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm still not over finding the Burberry scarf in the mud. Can we have proof please Jack. There is no way that you, who documents every mundane life event possible on your social media, never mentioned this before. And how did you get it looking so NEW? Here for the miraculous cleaning tips xx
it's a bleeping classic. so brazen.

her cat will probably start bringing her back wads of cash instead of of murdering her beatrix potter mouse chorus family.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It looks edible, I agree - in that it doesn’t immediately bring me out in a cold sweat while mouthing, ‘Why?’.

Nothing she makes ever looks delicious though, or mouth-watering. The most we can call it is ‘edible’. As in, if I had to eat it or die, I guess I’d eat it 😂
I think it looks bleeping horrible! Soft cheese and lentils and chunks of red pepper bleugh. That red pepper ain’t chargrilled.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think it looks bleeping horrible! Soft cheese and lentils and chunks of red pepper bleugh. That red pepper ain’t chargrilled.
They are as grilled as Brenda’s sausies from the other night. Ugh, I missed the lentil component.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm still not over finding the Burberry scarf in the mud. Can we have proof please Jack. There is no way that you, who documents every mundane life event possible on your social media, never mentioned this before. And how did you get it looking so NEW? Here for the miraculous cleaning tips xx
Here’s the footage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
They are as grilled as Brenda’s sausies from the other night. Ugh, I missed the lentil component.
so much unnecessary crap! It’s like she’s purposely making it tit at this point. Mr Blurst is currently making us proper carbonara- it smells delicious and I can’t wait to eat it , sparing a thought for poor Mrs J 1, 2 and 3... all of whom didn’t ever get to experience such a feeling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm bored so I made a little list of all the ingredients she admitted to using this week that weren't included on her blasted stock take:

Soy sauce
Soya milk
Skimmed milk
Pasta
Lentils
Red pepper
Kale
Mustard
Oil
Eggs
Soft cream cheese (> a metric ton)
Tesco Finest Sardines
Bottled Lemon Juice
Black pepper
Crunchie
Leeks

ETA Coconut milk :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
so much unnecessary crap! It’s like she’s purposely making it tit at this point. Mr Blurst is currently making us proper carbonara- it smells delicious and I can’t wait to eat it , sparing a thought for poor Mrs J 1, 2 and 3... all of whom didn’t ever get to experience such a feeling.
Can you imagine the sinking feeling in the Monroe household whenever Jack shouts 'dinner's ready'?

I'm bored so I made a little list of all the ingredients she admitted to using this week that weren't included on her blasted stock take:

Soy sauce
Soya milk
Skimmed milk
Pasta
Lentils
Red pepper
Kale
Mustard
Oil
Eggs
Soft cream cheese (> a metric ton)
Tesco Finest Sardines
Bottled Lemon Juice
Black pepper
Crunchie
Leeks
Also COCONUT MILK!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
4A6DD8F4-463B-48F6-B306-D41BD462292E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
A school trip to a slurry pit?! Kids today don't know how good they've got it, honest to god.
When I worked as a TA in a primary school yeeeears ago, we went on a trip to Tesco. Highlight was going into their giant walk in freezer.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think this £20 shop has tipped me over the edge. I’m infuriated about it in fact. It’s a perfect example of the bullshit cosplay poor behaviour (I hope you’re reading this Jack).
I could do a £20 shop and feed the 3 of us quite well for the week. I have tins, pasta, cereal stuff in the freezer and fridge. Just need dairy and fresh fruit. That’s not the real bleeping cost though is it.
There are actual real people who will read that and think that’s a reasonable amount of money for food, it’s not.
Urgh.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
and here's dinner with answers to our queries! that pasta ain't smartprice 🥴

oh, that's not actually dinner...? was that last night's then?

View attachment 256043View attachment 256044
On her Facebook page she says that the pasta dish has chargrilled red pepper sauce but there are clearly just chunks of un chargrilled peppers in both 🤷‍♀️

'Lunch was pasta - I’m using up all the dregs of the nice packets before opening the cheap stuff so conchiglionie today! Red lentil, soft cream cheese and chargrilled red pepper sauce, with steamed kale (sieve balanced above the steaming drained pasta), #bottledlemonjuice and #plentyofblackpepper. Served two and we both kind of wished I’d made a bit more of it. Recipe to come - I’m still writing up the stir fry and yesterday’s salmon-paste soup, not sure where the day has gone!'

Why does she need to post recipes, she's just told everyone what to cook!

PS - what is natural porch light, is it another cost-cutting idea or is she taking all the lightbulbs out again soon??

• Haha
Reactions: 27
In reality if you had 20 quid to feed 2 for a week you’d be eating a lot of potato. Jacket potato and beans fills you up and is cheap.

Write a blog about that jack you lying twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Can you imagine the sinking feeling in the Monroe household whenever Jack shouts 'dinner's ready'?

Also COCONUT MILK!!
It genuinely makes me feel sad to imagine! She was always going on about how Louisa was a crap cook but I bet she just insisted on being control of the cooking at all times

I present to you an actually appetising pasta dish by mr blurst (about to be eaten on the sofa cos it’s Saturday innit)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 55
And rice I think. (She served the sausages on it).
Rice was on the receipt, I just had a quick look. But cereal/porrige/bircher wasn't, which she says they have for breakfast. I'm sure loads more this is just the first stuff that springs to mind.

Reactions: 19
Rice was on the receipt, I just had a quick look. But also cereal/porrige/bircher wasn't, which she says they have for breakfast. I'm sure loads more this is just the first stuff which springs to mind.
Yes. Also she said they both have crisps for lunch every day, but she only bought 12 packets (edited - I was wrong about the number of packets)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.