Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lilamay

VIP Member
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 05.55.17.png

And again on this recipe:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.14.55.png

Oh and again here!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.27.27.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.30.51.png

Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.34.16.png

Also.. lol

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.08.06.png

Some things never change.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 117

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Scarletfever for the thread title! 85 reactions 🎉 Your inauguration into the thread is now complete and Vlad expects your company at his table at your convenience.

Recap of thread #76

1. She posted the recipe for her sausage, bacon and many-veg casserole on her website. Good old Brenda gave it her best shot.
  2. She served up a bacon bagel that looked like it had spent forty days and nights in the desert.
  3. The camera roll on her phone is looking ‘wonderfully autumnal’. If by ‘autumnal’ she means a wasteland of dead organic matter, then we’re on the right track.
  4. She doesn’t eat biscuits and she only eats cake that she made herself. What’s that? Biscoff, you say? Custard creams? Yellow sticker doughnuts? Not Now, you cretin. Then.
  5. Dear god, another recipe, this time for blended sweetcorn and instant mash and tiny veg. And more of those lovely looking sausages.
  6. She appears to be dating a ‘very large, very handsome, very well groomed fox’. Ok, ok, an actual fox appeared in her kitchen. Well, they do like the smell of offal.
  7. She put her potential dinner choices to a vote. None of it, just none of it.
  8. She’s considering the idea of bringing her Twitter out of lockdown. It’s for the greater good. It’s what Viv and Gladys would have wanted.
  9. She put her political / sharp observational humour hat on and enjoyed a rousing early afternoon tweet bleat. She got some facts wrong. Sorry, Jack, but I am quite stubborn about facts sometimes (I’m not autistic though).
  10. Just so we know, she’s ‘generally mostly a hard rational and not hysterical person.’ Must have been the mink doing all that howling and raging then. Oops, she deleted that post. I’m keeping it here so that we remember she is not hysterical.
  11. Apparently she’s gone for Baked Tuna, Courgette, Mushroom and Cheese Gratin for sups. Can’t wait for the photos!
  12. Just as this thread was closing, a recipe for the above was uploaded to her website. At first glance, there is mention of ‘fingering a leek’. I hope no firm young carrots were involved. To be continued after the watershed ...
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Lady Jack
Why you lie
The fish is fancy Finest and not
Smart Price
Also I remember
You don’t like coriander
Lady Jack
Why you lie
I cry

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I'm baffled by all this teeny tiny chopping of veg for every meal. What's it all about?! I know she likes to cook the living daylights out of everything. But she does that perfectly well without lots of furious dicing and chopping.
ah, this is why she starts prepping at 3pm, so plenty of time to chop and chop and chop

daily routine
0800 school run
0900 dinosaur nap
1200 furious tweeting
1300 delete some tweets
1500 start chopping
1530 quality time
1800 eat slop
1801 post recipe
1802 furious tweeting
1930 sb to bed
2000 gazing into aware mirror
2100 nudes
2130 delete tweets
2300 bed
0400 tweets to Czech lover

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

Firstly Marcus Rashford is lovely ❤ Secondly what an absolute contrast in tweets, imagine being able to raise awareness without trying to cause distress & panic to vulnerable groups (the poor with her stock piling shit / the unwell & pregnant as proven by that horrid interaction with the squiggle yesterday). This is from a young footballer, not a self professed food bank crusader? The difference is MR’s family actually lived the life Jack describes, so he actually gets it.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

MancBee

VIP Member
Just saw an annoyIng comment from her on daisy May cooper’s post about her son’s name - me me me it’s all about meeeeee
Daisy May's comment was about naming her child after a friend who had recently died. Jacks reply was "I approve" (because he is called Jack) followed by a laughing emoji. Talk about inappropriate.

ETA Just had another read of that Tweet and it makes me cringe with second hand embarrassment. Terrible.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 80

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
The baby has started sleeping through the night (praise be) but noone has told my boobs so instead of enjoying the rest, I'm lying here with uncontrollable milky tit fountains, having a good old Grunka. Please do enjoy that mental image.

Catching up has made me nostalgic for simpler times when lots of us started working from home. We'd convene of a morning, mute our zoom calls and settle in for a good DKL watchalong. It was such an unsettling and tense time in the real world and these threads and Jack's antics were such a good escape. Ah, Fraus, I'm tired and emotional but we've had some fun, haven't we 💜

But to the point - I unfollowed Jack on Twitter about 5 years ago because I couldn't deal with her pattern of dramatic flouncing only to return within 48 hours. It's unbelievable to me that with the passing of 5 years and 3 therapists on speed dial, she has achieved exactly zero emotional growth.

Also, falling under the train remains my favourite of her bullshit. Under a train? Under? Fucks sake.

*A fire? At sea parks? Gif*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Ok then if people are going down the furry route, I'm being one of the warrior field mice from under the blackberry bush.

COME AT ME COOPER.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

colouredlines

VIP Member
Lockdown Larder Round 2:

- Hi Jack, I forgot to check that there was a tray in the middle of my oven and now I have tuna gratin all over the oven floor! If I scrape it up, is it still edible?

- Yes, absolutely x

• Haha
Reactions: 76

colouredlines

VIP Member
I worked it out:

Screenshot_20200923-221657_MyFitnessPal.jpg

217 cals per serving, 83 of which come from the cheese (which doesn't even have a name like cheddar or brie...just...cheese 🤔). This is supposed to be the main meal of the day.

I mean, maybe she's putting a LOT of the optional breadcrumbs on top?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
59197721-BC59-4859-8E5B-A1B32C91ABC4.jpeg

This is me doing the Savage dance on the court steps, classy, bougie, ratchet. Just think of it as a riff on the embattled mice of the blackberry bush, or any of the other anthropomorphised creatures our dear heart scampering Jackie comes across on a day to day basis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

kachoochoo

VIP Member
anyway, I noticed this yummy scrummy gratin was tagged in "entertaining" (ye gods it is) and I thought what else does she think is suitable for entertaining? so I had a scroll.

in amongst the bleak brown offerings, I thought oh this looks ok, you know, there's large bits at least

Screenshot_20200923-212133_Chrome.jpg

then upon studying said recipe, it concludes thus

20200923_212728.jpg

"make a slurry" 😋
followed by a plea to get her on the telly.

🎶some things never change🎶 🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73

colouredlines

VIP Member
Final thoughts on lasagne:

Most lasagne recipes require two pans, one for the bechamel and one for the ragù, as well as an oven tin and a shelf, please make sure there is a shelf in your oven before starting. You'll also need a couple of spoons, a chopping board and knife, and a grater. It's involved, yes, but easy to make delicious!

Yesterday's moonshine mash recipe requires a roasting tin, blender, saucepan, mandolin, handheld veg dicer, frying pan, kettle and mug, and at the end of it you'll be eating instant mash, 32% meat sausages, and gravy granules.

You choose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Scarletfever

VIP Member
lunch is not (very) brown! but what soup? you're supposed to be writing, not making soup

and POBP? that's not gonna be a thing

View attachment 253383View attachment 253384
STOP PRESS: These aren't the asda smart price sardines she bought as part of her £20 shop, they're Tesco finest sardines in chilli lime and coriander 😂 (check the tin pattern)

JM's being sneaky and irreverent again. Asda Smart price for SB only!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 70