Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just so we know, she’s ‘generally mostly a hard rational and not hysterical person.’
👏
Brava our beautiful princess, known as Amonute💋

For all the new frau/maven/people that can spell or understand what words mean, this is the current list of the jobs our wee Jackie has claimed so far. This is not trolling, this is what Jack Monroe has said herself.
Bar worker
Body Shop representative
Busker
Call handler - Essex Fire and Rescue Service
Chip shop worker
Craft business owner
Sex worker
Starbucks (barista?)
Sunday school teacher
Supermarket worker
Harvester worker
Stand in for Ruby Rose in a Stooshie video (one of our v funny times)
Accountant
Author
Book reviewer
Chef (not a chef)
Creative director (I think that this was around the time of the Washington Post interview)
Diarist
Food blogger
Food consultant
Trainee pharmacy dispenser
Food stylist
Journalist
Media manager
Patron of 9 charities
Photographer
Poet
Political activist
Publicist
Radio show personality
Recipe developer
Reporter
Sales manager
Singer
TV presenter....and mum
Towel Folder (?!!!)
Pastor
Prophet (although tbf this is wat others called her)
Firefighter (we know she wasn't but she said she was)
Pharmacist

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

View attachment 253082
And again on this recipe:

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096
Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Some things never change.
Take a look at the comments on the kickstarter campaign, some real gems there when she deigns to respond 😂

• Angry
Reactions: 20
If she is that other account how the floof does she have time to muck about as her alias and herself and then write I am guessing at least 1000 well researched words and then do all her house tit?

After this she should do a day in the life off and give us tips in how to fit so much into a standard day.

Reactions: 16
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

View attachment 253082
And again on this recipe:

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096
Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Some things never change.
I wondered - what feels like 3,000 threads ago - if anyone knew why JM lost the Guardian column. All has now become clear! ‘People would do well to remember...’ is a particular favourite, although clearly it only applies on this one occasion as JM’s career rests precariously on people not remembering anything she’s claimed about her past in any detail.

Babe, get over the wine thing😂 Saving this as a riposte to Mr Bookweevil the next time I make a squiffy tit of myself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Why does JM makes every recipe 10x harder than it needs to be? That “sausagne”... I mean, WTF is that? Why not just have a sausage tomato-based pasta with cheese grated on top? BBC Good Food have a really nice sausage pasta that we occasionally have midweek. You cut up the sausages, fry them, make a basic tomato & chilli pasta sauce, cook pasta. Add together. Done. Not a blender in sight and it actually has texture.
That mans pregnant pasta is really good and works with veggie sausages!

Reactions: 8
We have tuna a few ways but I can recommend..make a basic tomato sauce (tinned toms, onion, garlic), cook it too it’s lovely and thick. Mix in tuna, some sundried tomatoes. Serve with pasta. Great winter food.
6 ingredients though - too few?
My kids favourite tuna thing was just with pasta.
Quick, cheap, easy and zero effort for a midweek tea.
Boil up pasta and drain. Add some frozen sweetcorn. Add can of tuna. Stir in some mayonnaise.
Not exciting but easy peasy and cheap, not to mention edible.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She hates food so much. Everything she makes looks like roadkill or that it has been driven over by a tank. When you add the fact her photos are all out of focus there is not one thing she has shared that has made me think, yeah I wanna cook that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
anyway, I noticed this yummy scrummy gratin was tagged in "entertaining" (ye gods it is) and I thought what else does she think is suitable for entertaining? so I had a scroll.

in amongst the bleak brown offerings, I thought oh this looks ok, you know, there's large bits at least

View attachment 252795

then upon studying said recipe, it concludes thus

View attachment 252796

"make a slurry" 😋
followed by a plea to get her on the telly.

🎶some things never change🎶 🥴
omg the plea!! The shamelessness. Why does she get her fans to do everything. If she's had loads of offers just get back in touch with those?!

(btw cannot get 'fingered half a leek' out of my head. will definitely be having nightmares for the rest of the week)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Did she reply to her own column? I have honestly never seen that before, normally the writer of the column just puts it out there and that's it, unless they do it under a fake name.

omg the plea!! The shamelessness. Why does she get her fans to do everything. If she's had loads of offers just get back in touch with those?!

(btw cannot get 'fingered half a leek' out of my head. will definitely be having nightmares for the rest of the week)
I am sure she has contacts, just chooses not to use them.

Reactions: 27
What a piece of work.
Here's a little tidbit from her Allegra days:

MsJackMonroe orionthehunter
19 Mar 2015 12:35
No. And as I have said many times before, I would not even consider entering That House until my children are older. At the moment I'm enjoying putting them to bed, reading them stories, cuddling them until they fall asleep, without writing off three evenings a week. Our family already has to plan our diaries with military precision, and there is more than enough evening work already. I also think that if people elect an MP they expect them to do their day to day constituency work, not gallivant about on television and up and down the country with cooking projects. So right now, no, I'm not looking to stand for Parliament, or council, or anything like it.

She'd been with her partner for five minutes and was already assuming the part of parent over the other child.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

Firstly Marcus Rashford is lovely ❤ Secondly what an absolute contrast in tweets, imagine being able to raise awareness without trying to cause distress & panic to vulnerable groups (the poor with her stock piling tit / the unwell & pregnant as proven by that horrid interaction with the squiggle yesterday). This is from a young footballer, not a self professed food bank crusader? The difference is MR’s family actually lived the life Jack describes, so he actually gets it.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
So right now said:
Does that mean she’s looking to stand NOW? That would make my year! Imagine the tantrums when people, inevitably and democratically, dared to disagree. BBC Parliament would basically be movie night.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you @lilamay for uncovering this new content! An embarrassment of riches!
<Jack Monroe voice> Posted without comment:
terrible story if true but surely, and perhaps this is a bit morbid, but surely this death scream phone call would have made the news?

• Sad
Reactions: 22
No point making a fuss to TV. That ship has sailed.
DKL was her big break and that went ‘terrible’ (to quote Sir Matt of the Forearms) as did the mayonnaise disaster.
She hasn’t got that many followers in SM terms, especially as probably half of them are like us and only follow to see her messing up.
She genuinely believes she is entitled to be on TV.
Can you imagine Natalia pitching her?
TVExec'So,, has your client done TV before?'
Natalia'yes'
TVE 'do you have a showreel?'
N 'not really, but she did do 2 weeks live telly for the BBC'
TVE 'oh fab, is it on IPlayer?'
N 'um, no. But she did do a collab with Hellmans'
TVE 'ok, we'll contact Hellmans then'
N 'please don't'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.