Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly lost for words. She's thinking that sounds appealing? And the tip to substitute tuna for beans (I mean, I think I'd prefer beans to tuna) - but it's just unseasoned vegetables cut up small with dried up courgettes on top?
You've forgotten the tomato puree and lemon stock, that's been boiled away into oblivion, dear heart.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
We have tuna a few ways but I can recommend..make a basic tomato sauce (tinned toms, onion, garlic), cook it too it’s lovely and thick. Mix in tuna, some sundried tomatoes. Serve with pasta. Great winter food.
6 ingredients though - too few?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
If she’s using that frozen veg, it’s already cut up small.
Fresh veg would be the same after it had been Macked though.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Im thinking “half a leek” must be a pet name for octopus lookalike vag.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Honestly lost for words. She's thinking that sounds appealing? And the tip to substitute tuna for beans (I mean, I think I'd prefer beans to tuna) - but it's just unseasoned vegetables cut up small with dried up courgettes on top?
Yes, absolutely x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
"Add the lemon and herbs and stand to one side for a moment. The jug, not you!"

Oh Jackie, that's a real knee-slapper. I'm positively HOOTING over here. Usually I'd say don't give up the day job, but, well, we're only too aware how well that's going.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
'It's quite horrible living in a tourist town in the middle of a pandemic actually'

Go tell that to the people of Edinburgh!

Although maybe in the world of Jack it doesn't count. It's just a city, after all.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
“Stand to the side the jug, not you!”

@Alansbigplate didn’t you say something similar in the last thread?

You know when it says leave to stand I kind of always thought you had to stand next to the microwave

good grief

edit: how does she have the time or the will to be obviously reading everything here.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
If you're on a bones of your arse budget why would you buy leeks? They are basically just lanky onions.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Lockdown Larder Round 2:

- Hi Jack, I forgot to check that there was a tray in the middle of my oven and now I have tuna gratin all over the oven floor! If I scrape it up, is it still edible?

- Yes, absolutely x
In actual fact this would give it some flavour
Didnt someone notice she had bought ready diced stewing veg tho? So...is she..is she...

B72CBB14-DB78-4F61-85F6-486BC00967A3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Didnt someone notice she had bought ready diced stewing veg tho? So...is she..is she...

View attachment 252683
Why does she do this? Why does she purposefully try to make peoples' lives harder by saying in the recipe to chop everything up small when a. they don't have to and b. it's totally going against the remit she's set herself which is to cook all the meals with what she's bought. I DON'T GET IT!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
“Stand to the side the jug, not you!”

@Alansbigplate didn’t you say something similar in the last thread?

You know when it says leave to stand I kind of always thought you had to stand next to the microwave

good grief

edit: how does she have the time or the will to be obviously reading everything here.
Yeah she’s creeped me right out and plus it wasn’t one of my best 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
"Add the lemon and herbs and stand to one side for a moment. The jug, not you!"

Oh Jackie, that's a real knee-slapper. I'm positively HOOTING over here. Usually I'd say don't give up the day job, but, well, we're only too aware how well that's going.
What with this “stand to one side” quip and the “Comic Kitchen” video with the veg box, I think we can conclude that Jack does not have a sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

My granny used to cut her veg small, but she apparently had a bit of an issue with food according to my mum.

Ps I have hopefully put this has a spoiler.

Reactions: 12
So is she not posting this new groundbreaking recipe of ... diced vegetables with tuna mixed in .... on twitter, and just saving it for facebook? That's a wise decision, I have to say. But poor Brenda.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.