Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does JM makes every recipe 10x harder than it needs to be? That “sausagne”... I mean, WTF is that? Why not just have a sausage tomato-based pasta with cheese grated on top? BBC Good Food have a really nice sausage pasta that we occasionally have midweek. You cut up the sausages, fry them, make a basic tomato & chilli pasta sauce, cook pasta. Add together. Done. Not a blender in sight and it actually has texture.
1600917917904.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 05.55.17.png

And again on this recipe:

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.14.55.png

Oh and again here!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.27.27.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.30.51.png

Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.34.16.png

Also.. lol

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.08.06.png

Some things never change.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 117
I'm afraid you're going about it all wrong, dear heart. You see, this actually sounds nice. My recipe is far more realistic:

1. Put frozen onion and garlic into a cold pan with worryingly cheap mince of whatever fat percentage you like and a tin of tomatoes or clamato juice - in fact, anything vaguely tomato-adjacent. Don't forget plenty of black pepper. Bring to a rapid boil and let it go for 3 hours while you witter about absolute nonsense on Twitter. Be sure to mention at least one ailment or blow a mild inconvenience up into a floridly described tragedy so you can reap the pity while the lasagne is in the oven.

2. Blend lard, plain flour and corn milk to make a white sauce of questionable origin.

3. Layer the meat slop in whatever dish you have to hand with pasta sheets and the cold, watery, starchy, briny, unctuous corn milk.

4. Bake at hot temperature until the white sauce thickens. It may be incinerated at this point. It probably doesn't matter. Post a tweet to let everybody know that SB hoofed down multiple servings and declared it the most bestest lasagne EVER. Don't even pretend to do the washing up, we've seen the state of your kitchen.
Utter genius

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Omg fraus, what have I just found? 🤣 Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? 🤣

View attachment 253082

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Dear me, how pathetic. Also, aren’t Guardian comments moderated? The mods must have had a good laugh as they approved comment after comment. I’m embarrassed for her 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Not sure why but "neither a cabbage nor a pea" has me hooting! Cheeky mare. Those commenters have her sussed down to a T. And she's STILL stealing a living from this tit!

• Haha
Reactions: 43

View attachment 253082

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Riso, not ris, is italian for rice, you eau de ninny!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

View attachment 253082

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Once a spiteful she-devil, always a spiteful she-devil.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
[
1 tin of tuna for 4?! How big is this tin?

That looks disgusting. She has got to be trolling now surely?

Why chuck all that veg in a dish when it’s not needed? One of the nicest comfort dishes I cook is pasta with tuna, tinned tomatoes (seasoned, I know...maverick) and black olives. It doesn’t need a load of random veg chucked in 🤷‍♀️
Indeed! I still often make a tuna/tomato/basics cream cheese pasta dish from an Anabel Karmel Weaning your Toddler book that is delicious, cheap, nutritious and quick. And because my kids are no longer toddlers, and my husband is obviously fully grown, I would use 2 large tins of tuna to feed a real 4 people.

also, sorry to go on about the ads, but seriously....
3AEF6123-F6B9-4F41-AB4B-5F988A47BCF3.jpeg

I’m not sure I appreciate my potential court outfit being influenced in this manner

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Not sure why but "neither a cabbage nor a pea" has me hooting! Cheeky mare. Those commenters have her sussed down to a T. And she's STILL stealing a living from this tit!
For me it was 'I do do a good torta con Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated black olives and homemade grape jelly' - partly because whilst trying to sound clever she spells 'desiccated' wrong 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 53

View attachment 253082

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

“I’m all for constructive criticism..” mid getting wound up by constructive criticism. She really is clueless on the self-awareness front, just completely oblivious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Dear me, how pathetic. Also, aren’t Guardian comments moderated? The mods must have had a good laugh as they approved comment after comment. I’m embarrassed for her 😬
I'm not
For me it was 'I do do a good torta con Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated black olives and homemade grape jelly' - partly because whilst trying to sound clever she spells 'desiccated' wrong 🤣
It's semifreddo you arrogant numpty.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Do we reckon the grape jelly turned out as successfully as the greengage jam?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.