Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet again taking absolutely no personal responsibility for this? The following is only applicable to JM as a high earner, I appreciate the majority of women are utterly shafted by break ups and parenting responsibilities - but if after 30,000 failed engagements you don’t have the good sense to set your life up in a manner you can afford on a single income then more fool you? If you’ve prioritised buying high end furniture over saving & your family’s financial security in the good times then more fool you?

Again betraying her poverty narrative. How many of us will be re prioritising purchases with news of lockdown two coming and we’ve got Jackie wasting our time with a sub optimal spreadsheets, as if that undoes the damage of being a Cotswolds Co 1%er 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack's depress pipe as follows.

Rinse beans, chop carrot and try not to chop fingers off. Throw in pan, add diced onion and grated mushrooms. Add a fancy gel stock, tomato (puree?) and gravy granules.
Cook sausages and bacon separate for sb even though they will infuse the casserole with flavour. Simmer for 2 minutes and done!
and now there's stuffing and vinegar in it 🥴

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Her hob is dirty and those bloody extension leads next to an open flame give me the heebie jeebies.

8 pages in 5 hours fraus. I’m knackered. She’s going to be tweeting all night now too because of the ridiculous responses she’s getting.

Also, any fraus fretting about shopping, i’ve been to a few supermarkets today on my travels and everything is fine and restrictions are still on so the twattery from March hopefully can’t happen anyway. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Apart from that, there’s about half a stalk of chard cut up in that, between two. How is she using her measurements of the five a day? Is she measuring in the same way she measured space and time? Living with Jack must be like that film Inception 😩
Isn't that quite a bit of her shop though? It's not going to last all week it's she's already used half the ingredients. 🤷 Or am I missing something?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s so sneaky. She set her own budget. It isn’t what she can afford - it’s what she decides to spend. Bet some poor sap will be chucking her their last few quid after that.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
She doesn't understand five a day. It's five portions of fruit and veg a day. A portion is 80-100 gram. So 400 - 500 grams. Should be somewhat varied, but doesn't mean you need five different fruits or vegetables every day. So unless her SB eats about 700 - 800 grams of this dish (allowing for weight of stock, bacon and sausages), he won't be getting his five a day.
Why do we need to spell the most basic crap out to her?
Her lack of food knowledge is particularly surprising for someone who presents themselves as an expert (😂).
I think she has no clue what 5-a-day really means, and is only mentioning it to give the illusion that she is concerned about healthy eating, to deflect from those bloody terrible “sausages”.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
For the last 19 months, she’s only been paying one water supplier instead of two and is phoning them up tomorrow so expect a fall out from that.

Clear as mud. Not misleading at alllll

ETA her follow up comment. Looool. We have two incomes and still don’t shop at Harrods for mirrors.
Lying cockwomble! Yes Jack, a “living wage salary” that you pay yourself out of your earnings while hoarding the rest as savings!

If rent is 2/3 of your income that’s because you choose to rent a FANCY £600,000 house!

Entitled, lying bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.