Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain to me what the second tweet has to do with the first tweet?

Other than being completely obvious to the fact she inserts herself and her life into everything. It’s really bleeping crass to talk about Grenfell and her clubbing days in the same set of tweets.

View attachment 244270
My friend who is unfortunately close to the Grenfell tragedy responded to me with reassurance. In the end, people like JM don't count for much. I'm going to try to let her not bother me any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Other pieces of the fire service puzzle that don't quite fit together:
View attachment 244308

View attachment 244309

View attachment 244310

View attachment 244311

View attachment 244313

She was a call handler but trained as a fire fighter, put out fires and had a passing out parade. She quit but was dismissed.
This is such an excellent post on a very important topic and one of the biggest Jack discrepancies. I’m so sorry but the previous discussions on it have ruined me and I was giggling at ‘Old Chief’ and fit for nothing by the end.

Thread suggestion - Jack Monroe #73 All for the want of a pair of trousers

ETA - Duh. Thank(space)you, @Alansbigplate

#73 - All for the want a pair of traaazers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
That is disgusting. Talking like she’s an expert investigating, and then talking like she’s the only volunteer slaving away with children wide eyed around her feet, and then like SHE is an actual victim of the fire! Absolutely mind blowing. duck her. duck off. What an awful human being.
And I thought Lily Allen was the most maddening celebrity to stick her nose, and her gob, into that dreadful tragedy. :mad:

Andrew O'Hagan, an experienced writer, took a year to gather, cross-reference, and analyse information before reporting on it - which is the very least that the victims and survivors are owed.

Reactions: 29
I would be apoplectic with rage if I had lost family in that tragedy and she had mad such a flippant thoughtless insensitive comment.

* I am to be fair.

Reactions: 18
This is such an excellent post on a very important topic and one of the biggest Jack discrepancies. I’m so sorry but the previous discussions on it have ruined me and I was giggling at ‘Old Chief’ and fit for nothing by the end.

Thread suggestion - Jack Monroe #73 All for the want of a pair of trousers
OMG please, if this suggestion doesn't win on this thread it has to be put up again on the next. It's a late contender but PERFECTION. Traazers! 👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She is just so full of tit isn't she? "Between us we have decades of experience"

What a load of bollocks.

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Even when I was a fan I could never work out the time line on her fire service and numerous other jobs, I thought it must just be me who was confused.

Then I came here, my spiritual home and discovered that I was indeed correct to have doubts

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
She is just so full of tit isn't she? "Between us we have decades of experience"

What a load of bollocks.
To be honest she's not wrong. She doesn't have any experience but shared between them all they have decades 😂

Classic Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
IMG_20200916_175733_5~2.jpg

Oh Konnie, Konnie, Konnie!!!!! How could you!!!?? This was in today's paper...5 guests to have at a dinner party. Dear God! Michelle Obama would just be baffled.

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I don't think I will ever be able to say the word *trousers* ever again. Traazers Traaazers Traaaaazers.
Never forget @edinburghcastle’s post the funniest thing I’ve ever read bar @BananaSmith’s treble post about Harold Bishop smelling of biscuits

897CF17E-0972-4A3A-9B90-A65414E9DD19.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
View attachment 244363
Oh Konnie, Konnie, Konnie!!!!! How could you!!!?? This was in today's paper...5 guests to have at a dinner party. Dear God! Michelle Obama would just be baffled.
Actually holding back what I really want to say about this as I am too angry about her Grenfell comments.

Never forget @edinburghcastle’s post the funniest thing I’ve ever read bar @BananaSmith’s treble post about Harold Bishop smelling of biscuits

View attachment 244371
Sharp, clever and as funny as duck all of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My kid was up at stupid o'clock when the Grenfell fire happened, I used to flick the news on quietly whilst he played. I remember seeing it happening and thinking of all those poor people who lost their lives and loved ones.
If I had anything to do with any of the help on those nights I would have remained quiet and let the people who's lives and homes were lost be seen in the spotlight. Sometimes being quietly humble is the best approach.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
View attachment 244363
And this is how people get suckered in. They think, ‘Oh, Konnie likes her, Nigella likes her, Ian Rankin likes her, James Wong likes her’, etc. etc. and they do a quick wiki, oh right - she’s the one who took down Katie Hopkins - kudos. Follow.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 244363
Being served peach and chick pea curry, or that bizarre thing with tinned manderins, could you just see the lovely Michelle's face? she's a very polite, kind lady, but it would be a severe test for her

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.