Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'I called a scientist, an architect, several firefighters, and a lawyer. Between us all we hold decades of service...'

Didn't she leave at 22? She was a call handler for a year or two! And that photo looks deliberately fuzzy, almost as though to Vaseline over the other 'fire-fighters' are very clearly fellow admin-type staff.

Jesus this is all so arse-clenchingly embarrassing.
Looks like one of those familiarisation days down at the training school to understand what the different terms thrown about over the radio are all about.

Twack, I've had more firefighting training than you, in that I was trained in it, damage control, liferaft drill and other shipborne emergencies where you can't dial 999 when I was a reservist. Did you ever even get to put out a fire when the instructors can cut off the fuel supply at a switch?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve never understood how people she used to work with have never came forward to call her out. If I was in the media saying I used to be an astronaut and a stand in for the Kardashians. I know the people I work with would call me out in a heartbeat.
They probably want to keep their distance from her mouth frothing fans.

View attachment 244363
Oh Konnie, Konnie, Konnie!!!!! How could you!!!?? This was in today's paper...5 guests to have at a dinner party. Dear God! Michelle Obama would just be baffled.
No .I hope her husband Charlie Brooker doesn't stay for dinner. I wonder what sarcastic ,deadpan comments he would have getting served up some of the meals. Please do not let this dinner party happen cos we love Daisy May

Reactions: 14
I’ve never understood how people she used to work with have never came forward to call her out. If I was in the media saying I used to be an astronaut and a stand in for the Kardashians. I know the people I work with would call me out in a heartbeat.
Maybe she has taken out a super injunction, as has, allegedly, a very prominent politician who allegedly had an affair with a much younger musician and allegedly his much younger pregnant fiancee was very cross when she found out.

And I appear to be the last person on the planet to have heard about this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Either Jack is going after Vlad's Bitcoin as he seeks new ways to neutralise his opponents, or her next trip to A&E will involve a stomach pump. :sick:

oh my christ, I've screenshot most of her tweets today (still not deleted, weirdly) but I could not save that. I can feel the hateful hipster homebrew churning in my stomach. God, its hideous, but I can't stop looking. 🤢🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Her counting always reminds me of Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Wasn't it the trolls that basically have only three numbers - one, two, lots. Or something like that.
Yes - one, two, three, many, lots.

Trolls have a numeral system of their own, based on powers of 4. The base numerals are one (1), two (2), three (3), many (4) and lots (16), which can be combined to form higher numbers. When combined, each numeral's value is added to those of the others. Higher-valued numerals take priority over lower-valued ones, so that 4 is written "many" and not "two-two" or "three-one" and 20 is written "lots many" rather than "many many many many many". If there are no ones, twos or threes, the number is written with spaces between the numerals; if any exist a hyphen replaces the space between every numeral. With only the revealed numerals the system rapidly becomes unwieldy in higher numbers (for example, one hundred twenty-six in English becomes lots-lots-lots-lots-lots-lots-lots-many-many-many-two in trollish numerals, assuming that they do not have numerals higher than lots), but this may not bother the trolls.
Some trolls, particularly musicians, prefer to count "one, two, many, lots", although how they continue from there is unknown, even to some of them. For example, Jade in Monstrous Regiment says she "ran outa numbers" at that point.

In Men at Arms, Detritus was able to count in a purely binary system after some teaching by Cuddy the dwarf ("A sixteen, an eight, a four and a one"), possibly a joke relating to their silicon brains, and invented higher forms of mathematics while locked in a cold-storage warehouse, although this hasn't been observed on any other occasion.

- https://discworld.fandom.com/wiki/Troll

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ahhh man, all those jars of piss have got me thinking of the missing in action pistachio milk. Whatever happened to him? Is he still there in the Smeg?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Maybe she has taken out a super injunction, as has, allegedly, a very prominent politician who allegedly had an affair with a much younger musician and allegedly his much younger pregnant fiancee was very cross when she found out.

Someone posted a pic of them together on Twitter. It’s assumed that’s when the politician rec’d the second of his black eyes from his much younger fiancée.

• Wow
Michelle Obama is a Princeton educated lawyer. She would see straight through that tit in 10 seconds flat. I would pay MONEY to see that dinner party streamed live.
I wonder what she’d have to say about Jack’s (monetised) BLM video, in which she attempts to position herself as bountiful saviour to the black folks. I still cringe just thinking about that one. 😬

Reactions: 23

You’re not, I am! Who????

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Quick Konnie Huq story - this was in Popbitch ages ago, but I always remembered it. There was a shop opening in Soho one night and lots of models there - Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, etc. Big names. And one of the PR people said that out of the whole crowd only one was fretting saying they needed a back entrance to avoid the "paps". Konnie Huq! The least famous one there!
Someone I went to school with works at Starbucks at a service station & they’ve served quite a few famous faces not mega A list but some quite well known people & they’ve said the further down the alphabet they are the worse they are.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.