Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else remember a few years back. I think it was when one of her several engagements had ended (possibly Allegra), around the time she had jumped off the trans bandwagon, she went on a date with a man. She said at the time she was now bisexual, a side effect of her taking Testosterone.

I followed her back then. IIRC correctly he was famous-ish and made a comment about her walking with a stick. She went on and on about this on Twitter. Does anyone else recall this?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Her blue tick mates, the irresponsible so-called journalists and celebs, should feel ashamed at being involved in enabling someone so unhinged, and possibly quite ill. A true act of support would be direct communication to offer help and by refusing to play along and offering zero encouragement on social media. Her illness probably is somewhat exaggerated, she is mostly a dick, but there simply must be something there and one imagines this is why other blue tick mates have justified disavowing her (OJ). -perhaps these particular celebs deserve some respect for this.

Funny thing. Have only today just remembered a character at my very first job as a young apprentice. This guy, kid really, he was *just* like Monroe. He couldn’t tell a story without lying. All day, every single day, he was just a complete fantasist. He was actually a nice lad, he meant well, but we couldn’t help but laugh at some of his stories. Would love to understand the psychology behind it...
I think people like this are more common than people realise? I went to school with one, who lied about everything but ultimately lost her job during sixth form, because she told them she had some rare, life threatening disease and they did a big fundraiser for her 😳

Also went to uni with one who was soooo compulsive, she lied about so many little things - absolutely no point to it. She well and truly boggled my mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Where is this on the threads i would love to see it. I missed that
It was definitely before thread 31 because we asked her about it and she confirmed they were done for an announcement but wouldn't tell us what and said she was going to do other shots for the big reveal but, of course, nothing more was ever said about it.

Reactions: 15
Oi!!! Stop appropriating my name 😉
duck’s happened, Fraus?? Last time I was here was The Day of the Shimmery Black Eye. I got very excited, thinking ‘Heather Shimmer’ was some kind of cocktail involving single malt. Imagine my disappointment. Perhaps Mack will invent one...though knowing her, it’d probably contain the juice of squeezed pilchards or summat.
But I digress. Has she reinvented herself? Again? Did she do the conference? Apologies for being a lazy hole this morning, I’ll have a wee Grunka later...
Quick recap. We told her to take the day off. She said “shan’t”, went on about some tit for a bit (ouchy eye, single parent yada yada yada) then did the conference. The folk who’d paid 275 quid to see Mack Jonroe speak photographed the screen and...I hope you’re sitting down as this is shocking...there was no black eye. I know...you’re shocked. It really was surprising. She did have fourteen layers of foundation on though (to be fair).

Somehow in the midst of this lots of dear hearts (including Jay Rayner 🤦‍♂️) have recommended her as a food writer who grew up in poverty, surviving on food stamps (which don’t exist in the UK but she probably invented them in between ballet classes). She possibly saw some $$$$$$$ signs and decided to delete all of her maverick nonsense tweets and reintroduce herself for the 700 or so new followers.

Thankfully for her, her previous quarter of a million followers are a combination of stupid, naive, attention seeking, have muted her already or are terrified she’ll block them/they’ll get piled on so they’ve happily gone along with the charade. The eye is still ouchy.

ETA Sorry I fancied pretending to be @Pocahontas for a minute (plus Jack is bleeping confusing and I wanted to check it had all happened within the space of a day).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Quick recap. We told her to take the day off. She said “shan’t”, went on about some tit for a bit (ouchy eye, single parent yada yada yada) then did the conference. The folk who’d paid 275 quid to see Mack Jonroe speak photographed the screen and...I hope you’re sitting down as this is shocking...there was no black eye. I know...you’re shocked. It really was surprising. She did have fourteen layers of foundation on though (to be fair).

Somehow in the midst of this lots of dear hearts (including Jay Rayner 🤦‍♂️) have recommended her as a food writer who grew up in poverty, surviving on food stamps (which don’t exist in the UK but she probably invented them in between ballet classes). She possibly saw some $$$$$$$ signs and decided to delete all of her maverick nonsense tweets and reintroduce herself for the 700 or so new followers.

Thankfully for her, her previous quarter of a million followers are a combination of stupid, naive, attention seeking, have muted her already or are terrified she’ll block them/they’ll get piled on so they’ve happily gone along with the charade. The eye is still ouchy.

ETA Sorry I fancied pretending to be @Pocahontas for a minute (plus she’s bleeping confusing and I wanted to check it had all happened within the space of a day).
For a minute there I thought you said I was bleeping confusing 😂 I was like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Finally caught up Fraus! I was BUSY yesterday but am not NOW.....duck me I thought the full moon had been and gone?! What a grunka, so many good comments and many had me HOOTING!

Nothing much to add other than bewilderment that her followers can’t see through the chaos and see her for what she is. If I was following someone who repeatedly went on deleting sprees I’d be wondering what they were trying to hide let alone the countless re-introductions (if you’re following her you know who she is right?!) and bullshit scenarios - the black eye was surely the eye-cing on the cake (I’ll show myself out!)?

A couple of posters here made a good point about how people can be hesitant to call out people - or more so when someone like Jack proclaims to have a million ailments that they don’t want to be accused of being discriminatory let alone the pile on. But why aren’t people simply unfollowing instead? Guessing R Jackie got an A* in Manipulation GCSE to keep them hanging on for the next instalment.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think people like this are more common than people realise? I went to school with one, who lied about everything but ultimately lost her job during sixth form, because she told them she had some rare, life threatening disease and they did a big fundraiser for her 😳

Also went to uni with one who was soooo compulsive, she lied about so many little things - absolutely no point to it. She well and truly boggled my mind.
Yes, there are a lot of them about. I lived in a house with one when I was a teen. She tried to guilt me into taking her bins out by telling me she couldn't as she had spina bifida. Many years later (from a safe distance after being embroiled in her bullshit for a couple of years) and the parallels with our Mackie are very visible...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For a minute there I thought you said I was bleeping confusing 😂 I was like
You are the exact opposite of bleeping confusing. Have asked Vlad to give you a raise (but he doesn’t really listen to me after all the oopsies I’ve had with novichok).

This is the second time I’ve reinvented myself as Pocahontas. Triangulate that I had a Pocahontas dress as a small child. Sadly Russian spies do not suit Pocahontas dresses. Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I still think someone "important" has had a word with her and she's finally realised that she'd better pull her horns in or else...

Reactions: 17
Morning fraus, I am going to be out and about today, my ears will be finely tuned for any chaoses/meltdowns/howling going on from the east of town...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.