Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick recap. We told her to take the day off. She said “shan’t”, went on about some tit for a bit (ouchy eye, single parent yada yada yada) then did the conference. The folk who’d paid 275 quid to see Mack Jonroe speak photographed the screen and...I hope you’re sitting down as this is shocking...there was no black eye. I know...you’re shocked. It really was surprising. She did have fourteen layers of foundation on though (to be fair).

Somehow in the midst of this lots of dear hearts (including Jay Rayner 🤦‍♂️) have recommended her as a food writer who grew up in poverty, surviving on food stamps (which don’t exist in the UK but she probably invented them in between ballet classes). She possibly saw some $$$$$$$ signs and decided to delete all of her maverick nonsense tweets and reintroduce herself for the 700 or so new followers.

Thankfully for her, her previous quarter of a million followers are a combination of stupid, naive, attention seeking, have muted her already or are terrified she’ll block them/they’ll get piled on so they’ve happily gone along with the charade. The eye is still ouchy.

ETA Sorry I fancied pretending to be @Pocahontas for a minute (plus Jack is bleeping confusing and I wanted to check it had all happened within the space of a day).
Thank you for the update...most enlightening 🤣

@Cuileann, I knew one of ‘those’ people at school, too. Not as extreme as that, but it was always one drama after the other. She got a slightly older lad into bother because she claimed he’d given her HIV (it was the 1980s, it was in the news like Covid on bleeping steroids). He hadn’t. Then she had a crumbling spine. Then she had a rare eye condition which meant she was going to go blind. Then she got offered a place at Oxford, which she had to turn down to nurse her dying mother (who was fine). Turns out that most of her ‘ailments’ or ‘stories’ were nicked from soaps or Grange Hill 😬 I have no idea where she is now, probably high up in politics with that pack of lies 🙄

New thread title (it’s a bit tit because I’ve never done one before, forgive me, Cabal!). I’m going simple:

Eye, Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I have been scouring Instagram in my insomnia and cannot find the engagement post with L. Had it gone already? Can any fraus confirm for me?
Probably already answered, but yes, that photo had already gone. She deleted loads of posts from Instagram last time this happened, not long after SHE LEFT.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Dear Hearts

This is the end. It's been an honour working alongside the greatest historians, archivists, librarians, researchers, social media explainers, mental health advocates, bungalow truthers and, yes, crime fighters of our time. I applaud each and every one of you brave Frauen and Herren (Mancunian or otherwise). Your efforts have been selfless. When lies needed to be catalogued, you stepped up. When inconsistencies needed to be analysed, you brought forth your theories. When hard questions needed to be asked, you sought answers.

We know more now than we did at the beginning of this endeavour.
  • The cat is only half maincoone.
  • The bungalow has two storeys and a very large garden.
  • JM is 5ft 1.7 inches.
  • 14 layers of foundation will cover up an imaginary black eye.
  • Reverse ratstail did not take off in way one may have hoped.
  • Buying the full catalogue of the Cotswold Company is in fact much cheaper than a weekly tutor.
  • BLM is eternally grateful for mayonnaise allies.
  • Most of her dishes are unctuous.
But now, our dear Jackie is off to the States. We must hand over the baton to our cousins across the pond. May they continue where we left off.

This may not be an airport, but NOW, duck off!

[If, and I obviously find it impossible to believe, Jack make a full return to social media and the UK, I will return.]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Can you not transfer back to the states @Harrybosch, or has your insistence on soft jazz noodlings and maverick approach got you kicked out of your department? Can you be reassigned to personal protection duty if Jackie uproots to live the life of a poor white chile over there?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Can you not transfer back to the states @Harrybosch, or has your insistence on soft jazz noodlings and maverick approach got you kicked out of your department? Can you be reassigned to personal protection duty if Jackie uproots to live the life of a poor white chile over there?
Goddamnit, @Raker , I had momentarily forgotten my own origin story. Reporting back for duty. I'll stay on our unsub like horse spunk sticks to lasagne.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
#69: Flight TW4T5TR4P to New York is now ready for departure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Does anyone else remember a few years back. I think it was when one of her several engagements had ended (possibly Allegra), around the time she had jumped off the trans bandwagon, she went on a date with a man. She said at the time she was now bisexual, a side effect of her taking Testosterone.

I followed her back then. IIRC correctly he was famous-ish and made a comment about her walking with a stick. She went on and on about this on Twitter. Does anyone else recall this?
I remember that but I thought it was a tinder date? Not sure if semi famous. Didn’t he mention her walking stick and she went on a rant on Twitter about how disgusting he was and she’d left him mid date?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm off to a bbq today but cannot wait to see how this new chirpy American Jack plays out - what a twist!

Also to say that the article formerly known as potatoes says everything they need to know about her is outrageous - the way she words 'knowing the price of potatoes from 3 different supermarkets for 8 years'. Seven of those years it was your job to know the price because you were a successful cookery writer with tv appearances and a column in the Guardian and a millionaire girlfriend!
Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 10.35.39 am.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Does anyone else remember a few years back. I think it was when one of her several engagements had ended (possibly Allegra), around the time she had jumped off the trans bandwagon, she went on a date with a man. She said at the time she was now bisexual, a side effect of her taking Testosterone.

I followed her back then. IIRC correctly he was famous-ish and made a comment about her walking with a stick. She went on and on about this on Twitter. Does anyone else recall this?
I’m only one coffee in after a late night of work so I’m a bit confused by this. I wish I could help with this mystery fellow but alas, no, I didn’t really know of her back then. Can anyone help me understand this? Does it mean that the chap would have been bisexual or pan sexual then? I’d like to know who he is.

Reactions: 2
I remember that but I thought it was a tinder date? Not sure if semi famous. Didn’t he mention her walking stick and she went on a rant on Twitter about how disgusting he was and she’d left him mid date?
That’s the one. Wondered if I’d imagined it.

Reactions: 3
I knew one of ‘those’ people at school, too. Not as extreme as that, but it was always one drama after the other. She got a slightly older lad into bother because she claimed he’d given her HIV (it was the 1980s, it was in the news like Covid on bleeping steroids). He hadn’t. Then she had a crumbling spine. Then she had a rare eye condition which meant she was going to go blind. Then she got offered a place at Oxford, which she had to turn down to nurse her dying mother (who was fine). Turns out that most of her ‘ailments’ or ‘stories’ were nicked from soaps or Grange Hill 😬 I have no idea where she is now, probably high up in politics with that pack of lies 🙄
I knew one of those as well. She once told us that her mum had vomited up her own kidney, and she’d had to run and get some scissors because it was hanging out of her mouth attached to a kind of “string” which she had to cut 😳

There were other tall tales but that was the best one.

I clearly remember thinking “But how did the kidney migrate into her stomach so she could throw it up?” but had the sense even then to keep my mouth shut and let it slide 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Well hello Hausfrau 🤗 long time no see, how the devil are you all? I have alot to catch up on it would seem since I've been gone since July 😱, didn't realise it had been so long 😂, I don't plan to read all the threads or it would take me forever to Grunka my way through and my brain and soul don't have the patience, so I do hope the threads still have the previous thread synopsis on them 😂🤞🏻

I hope you have all kept out of relative trouble while I've been gone, sad to see admin still haven't implemented any new reactions 😭 come on admin my brain can't cope with all the eye rolling and face palming I physically did to myself on a daily basis reading about this daft witch 🤦🏻‍♀️😂.

@Raker Dr Hunty is back in the building regular service shall resume shortly, though I think I can safely say with absolute certainty despite my absence that Jack is still a god damn cock juggling thundercunting Mcfucknugget 👌🏻

Right off to see what twit face has been up to BBL 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I'm off to a bbq today but cannot wait to see how this new chirpy American Jack plays out - what a twist!

Also to say that the article formerly known as potatoes says everything they need to know about her is outrageous - the way she words 'knowing the price of potatoes from 3 different supermarkets for 8 years'. Seven of those years it was your job to know the price because you were a successful cookery writer with tv appearances and a column in the Guardian and a millionaire girlfriend!View attachment 233663
Still doesn't know the difference between one bleeping potato and another though does she? 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.