Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not seen her books in the supermarket for a while now. I’ve specifically been looking
I'm not being rude but I have only seen her books once here and it was the latest one in Waterstones, if it wasn't for my friend I wouldn't have know she exists then I came on here and wel....

Reactions: 7
View attachment 230190

Assuming that's another affiliate link.
She’s yet again being a shonky little git, I see. It’s Twitter, not QVC. Declare your aff links, Jack!

I work for the ASA and I am printing out both of these undeclared aff links and stuffing them in my ring binder of evidence.*

*Some or all of this sentence may not be true.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
She’s yet again being a shonky little git, I see. It’s Twitter, not QVC. Declare your aff links, Jack!

I work for the ASA and I am printing out both of these undeclared aff links and stuffing them in my ring binder of evidence.*

*Some or all of this sentence may not be true.
I’ll be sending those tweets to you at the ASA @Pocahontas - I don’t mean to be rude about your work but can you slap one on her this time! Thanks 🙏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’ve just read properly the Marcus Rashford interview. I can’t believe she’s jealous of him. He talks about listening to his mum cry after working 14hour shifts
That's the key word: she's jealous of people who came from hardship/poverty. It's almost like a fetish for her. She tweeted the pile of books - some were by people who'd come from poverty or brought up in care ("Lowborn", "My Name is Lemmy". Then, there are books about living with a disability, etc. She came from a rock-solid, middle-class comfortable background - but she pretends she didn't

• Angry
Reactions: 22
Has NO ONE at all called Louisa out on that complete load of bollocks? I’m absolutely shocked because this time it isn’t just Jack talking shite. I think gaslighting might be the case she obvs banged on about that time she invented government policy that much that L just takes it as ‘canon’ as Mackie would say. I’m furious lol why am I so cross

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’ll be sending those tweets to you at the ASA @Pocahontas - I don’t mean to be rude about your work but can you slap one on her this time! Thanks 🙏🏼
What does this mean? I know nothing about affiliated links, I have never even sold stuff on ebay.

Reactions: 5
When she came on the thread she should have shared add links for all our court outfits, she’d have made a few quid 😂

I deleted the quote accidentally soz but:

gifted = a product has been sent to the influencer / celeb / person for free, in the hope they feature it on their socials.

paid promotion / sponcon = an influencer is approached by a business to exchange their audience for x money and obviously the gifted product

This is where it’s confusing because most influencers would call it gifted, but this far into it all they’ll be getting a few grand for a grid or story post on it too. But obvs no one wants to say actually you know what, it took £5k for me to make this sincere recommendation!

Now aff links are sales on commission. They can exist in parallel to the above, so you can flaunt your gifted wares and then direct your audience on where to buy them. Aff links have two main uses - brands can track the return on their investment with the influencer & test campaign effectiveness if it’s part of a longer term relationship, but most importantly is the influencer gets a slice of the pie too so is incentivised to keep pushing product. They are part of the sales process so should make that very clear, they’re not your mate telling you to read a book they’re standing to earn money off you buying & reading that book. At least in Waterstones you know what the booksellers look like (not that they make commission) 👀 There isn’t a standard rate, but for mainstream retailers it’ll be between 3-15% of the sales price and as someone else has rightly pointed out, anything else in your basket / if you convert a few days or weeks down the line. For budget ones like flat tummy teas and those tooth whitening kits it can be as high as 50%. So yes it is oftentimes pennies, but if you consider the reach it’ll soon add up so it’s disingenuous to say that and it’s certainly no excuse for failing to declare it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
*gasps for breath* There was me thinking it'd be a quiet day while Mack writes her book. She pulled an all nighter last night and hasn't stopped tweeting all day. What in the duck? Every part of this is her attempt to elbow into MR's campaign. She shed her 'food writer' skin right before our very eyes in the past two days. The £££ signs are flashing in hers. Surely, surely people are waking up to her endless tripe?!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’ve just read properly the Marcus Rashford interview. I can’t believe she’s jealous of him. He talks about listening to his mum cry after working 14hour shifts. All of the opportunities she’s frittered away during lockdown and before and this is the cause she’s decided to hitch her wonky wagon to.

She could have kept on churning out moderately successful cookbooks that people would buy out of guilty middle class obligation to sit unopened in their children’s uni halls, but no, swooping in and trying to muscle in on this exemplary young man’s work is what she’d rather do.
His mum should be so proud of him.I hope that he gets all the recognition he deserves .He could have decided just enjoy the fruits of his labour but is realising that he has a platform for real change instead of bitching on twitter he genuinely wants to make things better ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I want to write a recipe book called ‘Triangulating Poverty’ - no tasteless joke/pun intended - and donate the proceeds to people who need the profits. I earn tit but I get by, and it would benefit ppl who needed it. If she finds me then duck it - I wouldn’t be putting tinned fruit in a budget madras for a start. Night, night xxxx

Reactions: 18
To whom does one report such things?
The ASA - here is their link (not affiliated) it’s really simple and they like evidence so take a screen shot of her tweets or the ones on here. We should all be sending them a complaint

• Heart
Reactions: 26
*gasps for breath* There was me thinking it'd be a quiet day while Mack writes her book. She pulled an all nighter last night and hasn't stopped tweeting all day. What in the duck? Every part of this is her attempt to elbow into MR's campaign. She shed her 'food writer' skin right before our very eyes in the past two days. The £££ signs are flashing in hers. Surely, surely people are waking up to her endless tripe?!
Full moon, babe

• Haha
Reactions: 24
To whom does one report such things?
The ASA, with print screens. She deletes so much I’m sure it’ll be gone in the next few days & as soon as that BACs payment clears in the pockets of Mr John Lewis but we can all but try 😂

Considering she doesn’t enjoy adhering to ad regulations I dread to think what she’s gonna be like protecting privacy / with her GDPR, good luck to those political prisoners writing to her via pigeon mail you’re about to have your life stories sold in Sainsbury’s sorry huns xo

• Haha
Reactions: 33
That’s it, you’ve nailed. She’s shifting shape to align herself more closely to that MR fella. She’s shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I want to write a recipe book called ‘Triangulating Poverty’ - no tasteless joke/pun intended - and donate the proceeds to people who need the profits. I earn tit but I get by, and it would benefit ppl who needed it. If she finds me then duck it - I wouldn’t be putting tinned fruit in a budget madras for a start. Night, night xxxx
'Triangulating poverty' = that's gotta be the next thread title, especially as hack monroe repositions her 'brand' from a charlatan purveyor of slop into full on Geldof ANGRY mode.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.