Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read properly the Marcus Rashford interview. I can’t believe she’s jealous of him. He talks about listening to his mum cry after working 14hour shifts. All of the opportunities she’s frittered away during lockdown and before and this is the cause she’s decided to hitch her wonky wagon to.

She could have kept on churning out moderately successful cookbooks that people would buy out of guilty middle class obligation to sit unopened in their children’s uni halls, but no, swooping in and trying to muscle in on this exemplary young man’s work is what she’d rather do.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Isn't she embarrassed, as an anti-poverty campaigner and all round highly principled person (lol), to be recommending people buy from amazon? Surely an independent bookstore would be better ...

But then she wouldn't make literal pennies :(
She was virtue signalling the use of independent businesses, just the other day. And she’s made disparaging remarks about Amazon before, too. Just more of the never ending merry-go-round of contradictions that is Jack’s life.

Reactions: 38
Out of idle interest, what has brought the lastest new members here? Were you previously Jackolytes?
I've lurked here for few threads (they move so fast!!!) I originally followed our Jackie on Twitter after the Hopkins case but eventually ended up muting her as she seemed to be cropping up ranting everywhere and nothing made any sense. I now realise that's standard practice for her. :rolleyes:

Can I just thank the cabal for some very sharp observations and entertaining commentary, I have laughed till I've cried at times 😂You are an articulate, witty bunch and I always try to dip into these threads :D

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I worked with young mums in 2007 and they were in receipt of vouchers for their babies.

To be fair to Jacks ex I think she’s phrased her tweet poorly.
Considering Louisa’s job I’m shocked at how fast and loose she’s playing with facts here!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I actually thought the health start voucher scheme replaced the welfare food scheme. I didn't know of anyone lobbying it. I thought it was just a new policy. I could be wrong similar to her I was a teen.

Reactions: 5
Can anyone explain affiliate links to me? Have they got to be declared a la ASA regulations or no? And what's the difference between them and saying something is #gifted? I am not an educated Frau in these matters.

The more and more I read about her, the more it hits home what a horrible, horrible woman she is.

And fancy having a framed photo of yourself (JUST you, not a nice shot with friends or whatever) on your bedroom wall!! That's got to be a classic narcissist move surely? One step away from staring into the pond.

Reactions: 29
Further evidence that she's distancing herself from slop: the link in her Twitter bio has changed from cookingonabootstrap.com to jackmonroe.com

Please observe a minute's silence for the pistachio milk, the ouchy mouth recipe collection, the vegan crackling, and the weekly cheap but healthy lunch plan.

And, above all, that poor man's leftover chip shop chips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I’ve just read properly the Marcus Rashford interview. I can’t believe she’s jealous of him. He talks about listening to his mum cry after working 14hour shifts. All of the opportunities she’s frittered away during lockdown and before and this is the cause she’s decided to hitch her wonky wagon to.

She could have kept on churning out moderately successful cookbooks that people would buy out of guilty middle class obligation to sit unopened in their children’s uni halls, but no, swooping in and trying to muscle in on this exemplary young man’s work is what she’d rather do.
That's her all over, she can't bear to see anyone doing better than her, can't just be quietly pleased for someone. Instead she's quietly (or sometimes not so quietly) jealous and resentful.

This obviously stings far more as she she sees the poverty gig as her niche. But there's no way she can let on even a smidge as everyone is impressed with MR and his work. It's not like That Man who she could comfortably speak out against as there will always be a bunch of people that agree.

What was it she said? She's going to combust with burning rage? Wonder why... 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 28
FFS. She really is insufferable. And shouldn’t she therefore declare it?
Soz our queen CSI @Dogmuck got there first !

And yes, absolutely! As per the ASA’s regulations and the bleeping law she should. She’ll delete the tweet in a day or two and get away with her “mere pennies” 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 22
....i brought some chips home in Tupperware from a restaurant lunch today. (Fancy). I'm not remarkably poor. I'm just a bit of a tight greedy bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Further evidence that she's distancing herself from slop: the link in her Twitter bio has changed from cookingonabootstrap.com to jackmonroe.com

Please observe a minute's silence for the pistachio milk, the ouchy mouth recipe collection, the vegan crackling, and the weekly cheap but healthy lunch plan.

That website is so badly designed and out of date, it has her latest brain farts (po-ta-toes) and the lemon mess tin thing but not even GFFBD in the shop section, where half the pics have the writing cut off.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I thought you had to declare affiliate links?
Yes you are!!
Can anyone explain affiliate links to me? Have they got to be declared a la ASA regulations or no? And what's the difference between them and saying something is #gifted? I am not an educated Frau in these matters.

The more and more I read about her, the more it hits home what a horrible, horrible woman she is.

And fancy having a framed photo of yourself (JUST you, not a nice shot with friends or whatever) on your bedroom wall!! That's got to be a classic narcissist move surely? One step away from staring into the pond.
Yes they are supposed to be declared just like ADs. You are supposed to make it clear that it’s affiliated before anyone enters the link!

Ya beat me @heretoreaditall2019 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21

SHAN'T

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I did think about having a solo photoshoot to celebrate a forthcoming big birthday, can't even remember how I got the idea, probably something I saw on Instagram or Pinterest. I've never had a wedding or anything so I thought it would be a nice experience and the photos would be nice to look back on. I live in Edinburgh so could have it outdoors with lovely backdrops.
However, I was put off by the fact that I could never, ever display any of the photos without looking like a complete and utter self obsessed twit!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Mind clear your cookies I'd you've clicked her aff links. It doesn't just generate income if you purchase what she links, it works for anything you purchase after clicking for something like 28 days.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.