Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*gasps for breath* There was me thinking it'd be a quiet day while Mack writes her book. She pulled an all nighter last night and hasn't stopped tweeting all day. What in the duck? Every part of this is her attempt to elbow into MR's campaign. She shed her 'food writer' skin right before our very eyes in the past two days. The £££ signs are flashing in hers. Surely, surely people are waking up to her endless tripe?!
Snakes do that 🐉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The ASA, with print screens. She deletes so much I’m sure it’ll be gone in the next few days & as soon as that BACs payment clears in the pockets of Mr John Lewis but we can all but try 😂

Considering she doesn’t enjoy adhering to ad regulations I dread to think what she’s gonna be like protecting privacy / with her GDPR, good luck to those political prisoners writing to her via pigeon mail you’re about to have your life stories sold in Sainsbury’s sorry huns xo
it upsets me so much that ASA has so many negative connotations now because Asa has always been my chosen name for my hypothetical Future son 😭

also I’m guessing jack’s concerned Doctor has *gently* signed her back onto work now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The ASA - here is their link (not affiliated) it’s really simple and they like evidence so take a screen shot of her tweets or the ones on here. We should all be sending them a complaint
Thank you but I’m totally spongled, assumed it would be an online form 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Done. She’s really pissed me off today. All of it.

I included timestamps ie she posted at 8.30 and it’s 10 and she still hasn’t declared.

She’s done this before - tweet an affliate link and then 10 mins later followed it up with “oh I may earn a teeny little amount etc”. I don’t have a problem with influencers earning from affiliates on their own products but third party? duck off!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
*gasps for breath* There was me thinking it'd be a quiet day while Mack writes her book. She pulled an all nighter last night and hasn't stopped tweeting all day. What in the duck? Every part of this is her attempt to elbow into MR's campaign. She shed her 'food writer' skin right before our very eyes in the past two days. The £££ signs are flashing in hers. Surely, surely people are waking up to her endless tripe?!
I doubt her agent is exactly a stranger to this site. The poor long suffering agent. Could be some damage limitation to try and claw back some semblence of a career. Even the graun dont want to know anymore and christ her USP and whole schtick are right up their strasse.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I doubt her agent is exactly a stranger to this site. The poor long suffering agent. Could be some damage limitation to try and claw back some semblence of a career. Even the graun dont want to know anymore and christ her USP and whole schtick are right up their strasse.
Ah well, at least her clinical burnout seems to have vanished without a trace after a week on the 400 quid hammock. All's well that ends well for Mackie

• Haha
Reactions: 37
'Triangulating poverty' = that's gotta be the next thread title, especially as hack monroe repositions her 'brand' from a charlatan purveyor of slop into full on Geldof ANGRY mode.
She’s such a shitegob. I really mean it about the book - she’s so full of utter, absolute hypocritical crap. If you want to feed the pollverty stricken of the nation. - which she has obviously changed her mind about - then don’t feed them crap that you have never ever eaten since you earned enough to rent a fancy bleeping house, buy fancy fricking leggings and have a fridge and a sofa in your bleeping hallway,

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why all of a sudden as she gone back to politics? There's not election so her angry shaking fist cannot do alot till then, the government can argue but unless bojo and co step down which they won't there is not alot else can be done, they have done all that shite before with Brexit and nothing happened. I thought she loved cooking? I am so confused with the events of the last few days.

Reactions: 11
Has NO ONE at all called Louisa out on that complete load of bollocks? I’m absolutely shocked because this time it isn’t just Jack talking shite. I think gaslighting might be the case she obvs banged on about that time she invented government policy that much that L just takes it as ‘canon’ as Mackie would say. I’m furious lol why am I so cross
Louisa is such a weird one. I’ve always thought there was something a bit odd about her. I don’t know if the tweet is sincere or not but I definitely don’t think she’s as kind and naive as some think she is.

Fuming it’s not been called out yet again, such a ridiculous lie. How is there not a single person with a child older than 10 that can work out that the maths doesn’t add up?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
A bit weird but is this possibly a paid promotion she's doing, and hence the affiliate link? Obviously complete speculation on my part, but if you look at the amazon page for the book, you will see prominent pull quotes from authors she's been bothering on twitter recently (Ian Rankin and Marian Keyes) and it's a hell of a coincidence.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Oh I do hope this doesn’t cause too much strain on her close friendship with her pals Sarah Vine and Liz Jones...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Louisa is such a weird one. I’ve always thought there was something a bit odd about her. I don’t know if the tweet is sincere or not but I definitely don’t think she’s as kind and naive as some think she is.

Fuming it’s not been called out yet again, such a ridiculous lie. How is there not a single person with a child older than 10 that can work out that the maths doesn’t add up?
Yes, let us not forget the tweeted (?) picture of her hiding That Man’s books on a shop shelf. I remember this being posted back through the mists of time!

• Wow
Reactions: 44

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes, let us not forget the tweeted (?) picture of her hiding That Man’s books on a shop shelf. I remember this being posted back through the mists of time!
Just cannot get my head around this voucher thing, how can they collectively get away with it? 🤔 Is Louisa trying time give Jack a leg up into MR’s circle?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Further evidence that she's distancing herself from slop: the link in her Twitter bio has changed from cookingonabootstrap.com to jackmonroe.com

Please observe a minute's silence for the pistachio milk, the ouchy mouth recipe collection, the vegan crackling, and the weekly cheap but healthy lunch plan.

And, above all, that poor man's leftover chip shop chips.
Please, please let us not forget the horse spunk lasagne. Please.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.