Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you know, I’m actually quite proud R Jackie had the idea of healthy start vouchers at the tender age of 18 (well they were introduced then, so she must have been younger when she thought of it as it takes a while to lobby this sort of thing), before she’d had a child or indeed been reliant on food banks. And the thing I’m most proud about? She didn’t make a fuss AT ALL. I’ve googled extensively* and not a single hit. I am So So Proud of how humble you are, Jackie. Like a proud “mom” right now.

🙃🙃🙃
*not really, can’t be arsed. BUT I would like to direct you all to thread 54 when we first made the discovery that the healthy start EXPANSION scheme was her idea. The thread is easily found on google by typing “healthy start vouchers Jack Monroe”

thankyou and goodnight tattle 🙃 (I’ll be back in 5)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I think that must be an affiliate link to Amazon for Richard Osman’s book. Otherwise, why wouldn’t she just say you can buy it from Amazon/Waterstones etc. or at least she could have used Richard’s own link (as per his twitter account).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Now this book, will people have to buy it, where will profit go, will there be any practical support in the meantime?
Oh I'm SURE she'll DEFINITELY post out copies of the book to the people who contributed to it, and there will be absolutely NO PROBLEMS with her mail service and everything will go swimmingly.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Do you know, I’m actually quite proud R Jackie had the idea of healthy start vouchers at the tender age of 18 (well they were introduced then, so she must have been younger when she thought of it as it takes a while to lobby this sort of thing), before she’d had a child or indeed been reliant on food banks. And the thing I’m most proud about? She didn’t make a fuss AT ALL. I’ve googled extensively* and not a single hit. I am So So Proud of how humble you are, Jackie. Like a proud “mom” right now.

🙃🙃🙃
*not really, can’t be arsed. BUT I would like to direct you all to thread 54 when we first made the discovery that the healthy start EXPANSION scheme was her idea. The thread is easily found on google by typing “healthy start vouchers Jack Monroe”

thankyou and goodnight tattle 🙃 (I’ll be back in 5)
Is that back when Henry D’s Food Strategy report came out, and she was trying to claim some kind of major input, and then her name didn’t appear anywhere in the (very lengthy) list of thanks and acknowledgements in the report?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Calling Nigella mom. Ffs. She must really dislike her actual mum. Who is quite poorly at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Also, she’s so ott that it’s uncomfortable. She liked his book, ok, that’s great, but seriously reading it over and over again is obviously bollocks.

It even reads like an ad.
yep it’s an undeclared aff link, copied it to my notes but anything with UTM paramaters or other such tags is. You can literally see her name in this one!

AEC55B9B-7696-48D4-849D-81766311216C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Is that back when Henry D’s Food Strategy report came out, and she was trying to claim some kind of major input, and then her name didn’t appear anywhere in the (very lengthy) list of thanks and acknowledgements in the report?
The very same.
She’s so humble, she most probably asked not to have her name included.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
20200901_204746.png

I'm guessing Richard Osman had an inspection copy delivered to her door on a velvet cushion in a sedan chair

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Isn't she embarrassed, as an anti-poverty campaigner and all round highly principled person (lol), to be recommending people buy from amazon? Surely an independent bookstore would be better ...

But then she wouldn't make literal pennies :(

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.