Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What, wait, why is she sitting at a chipped formica table, do Cotswold not do nice tables? And can you eat raw greengages?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just reading her ‘Greengages’ caption ...
Love how she’s gone up in the world - her grandad spread soft white rolls thick with margarine, but she’s going to have hers with fancy butter.
Also, I know she’s attempting to romanticise the meal with descriptions of a ‘chipped Formica table’ in her rented non-bungalow, but the words ‘cheap wet ham’ will never, ever make my mouth water.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Props to the HE institutional frauen taking one for the team with the god-awful radio programme. I'm on a deadline today but happy to listen to more next week, cringe myself inside out, and report back.

She's determined to punish her parents for their wrongdoings, perceived or real, isn't she? I mean, it never happens that really bleeping old fruit trees die and have to be cut down, does it? And has she not considered that perhaps it was so painful for her dad to have to see the tree after his father had passed away that he just needed the reminder gone? God forbid anyone else should have feelings, or pain.

I'm a nail-biter of three decades so I've never actually had nails to know if they get minging (other than acrylics 💅🏻) and thus I've never actively commented on the detritus under her nails but... that is bleeping foul. No wonder she doesn't seem to have any friends, they all contracted dysentery and snuffed it after eating her food.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Is the posh Englishwoman in the radio play supposed to be her Greek grandmother or her Northern Irish grandmother? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Is there a show idea that Jack wouldn't accept right now? It seems she will jump on any concept proposed ..... anyone for Thorpe Bay Monkey Tennis?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think she really did love her Grandad a lot, I do think a lot of the Edwina Currie thing was absolutely wanting to shut the convo down but also not wanting to talk about him. Oh dear please do something annoying immediately, Jack.

That *is* her being annoying though. I loved my Grandparents a lot too, but that doesn’t mean I’m allowed to lie at work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Is there a show idea that Jack wouldn't accept right now? It seems she will jump on any concept proposed ..... anyone for Thorpe Bay Monkey Tennis?

It would be quite a short show, no? Let's say 2 minutes for this guy to say "tinned veg are healthy", 5 min for Jack to do her standard introduction, then...time for her to make delicious meals?
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

Jack went to the press screening... more strangers and more floral Jack writing.
"The woman beside me, a stranger, squeezed my forearm as I choked on guttural, involuntary sobs. I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor and cry into the blinding, unaware streets of west London. I looked mad. I am mad. " Ugh

" I, Daniel Blake is not quite my life story. But yet, it is. I turned down the movie rights for my rags-to-book deal story in 2014, because I’m the lucky one. I felt the Hollywood treatment for “poor girl has hard time then it all gets better” would be an insult to the millions who don’t get to write about it in the Guardian afterwards. Don’t tell me to check my privilege, I know it. I found a job as a local journalist through sitting at council meetings and waiting for a vacancy to come up, after applying for hundreds of others. The rest is history – and 90-hour working weeks to stay afloat. I am currently writing this at 4am, having started work at 7. Five years after falling down the benefits rabbit hole, I’ve almost repaid the bank charges and court orders from that energy bill and others besides. "
I honestly thought this was your satire of what she might write! This is terrible.

The funniest bits to me were her complaints about a twitter user saying Jack makes it all about herself, and the polician who said her retelling of her story was “boring”.

Of course, Jack ascribes this to society wanting to stamp out the working class, such as herself, and not allow them to tell their stories.

Rather than the fact that she does make it all about herself, and her repetitively going on and on about briefly dipping her toes into poverty is bleeping tedious.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
While she’s blathering on about her working class childhood and magical greengages, Louisa is sending love to her mum. Can’t see what she tweeted, but I’m guessing something sad?
OK... I have waited for Jacquie to say something, somewhere on any social media or indeed acknowledge her mothers messages. She hasn't, maybe shes doing it privately but if Eve is putting it out there on SM her daughter should publicly acknowledge her. Her mum is really rather poorly in hospital.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.