Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's really as if she is NOT A CHEF!
Not even a home cook.
I love cooking, I did it as a job, I'm pretty good at it.i don't claim to be a chef or a cook, I just enjoy cooking. I enjoy spending little and making the most of limited resources.
I just can't over the fact that on a good app she has posted roasted veg.
Not even good roasted veg.
Literal fridge gravel

• Haha
Reactions: 25
To go back to twitter, it can be lovely, it can also be bloody awful. For my sanity I go on a couple of days a week then I have a break. Something to darling Jackie should try.

I have a life away from social media, I don't think she does anymore, and to have people constantly agree with you is not good, it gives you a very skewed view of what's going on, and how people view you (and your work)

Which app is it? Asking for a friend
Apparently it takes 2.5 months or 10 weeks to break a habit, considering Jack's addictive personality, I'm surprised her GP or MH team didn't suggest to leave all social media or at least stay away for a decent period of time to break the obsessive cycle.

Reactions: 10
Don't know about anyone else but I find that if people say they don't like animals it does change my opinion of them a bit.Fear is different I just think it could be thought of lacking in empathy for others .So perhaps Jack asking for animal pics makes her followers think she is kind
Absolutely agree. It’s like my mum always told me, judge people by how they treat animals and waiters/waitresses.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Apparently it takes 2.5 months or 10 weeks to break a habit, considering Jack's addictive personality, I'm surprised her GP or MH team didn't suggest to leave all social media or at least stay away for a decent period of time to break the obsessive cycle.
They probably did but she seems to pick and choose as to what advice she wants to take.

Reactions: 6
She's not a chef. She's a home cook who got lucky because of Austerity Chic. And not a very good home cook either, by the looks of it.

The only conclusion to all of it is that she's mad. Don't look for consistency, or try to make things add up, because they won't. An unstable personality who will say anything to anyone for effect, a pathological liar with nothing grounded in fact. It's part of whatever condition she really has.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m grunking but in the last thread someone shared a print screen of a new social media app, in her bio she calls herself a “mom” of 3.... does anyone else think she’s gunning for the v grabby world of insta mamahood? Those lot get #kindlygifted every thing from high end kitchens & bathrooms to £300 jumpsuits.
Jammy bastards! My kitchen is from the 90s. Functional but in dire need of updating and extending but I just can't afford it any time soon. These people are often all ready well off middle class types, they don't need stuff gifted. I would love to see those companies gifting poorer people, hell even the insta mummies could pass their gifts on.

Reactions: 10
Honestly, can you imagine her turning up at a meeting, what a test of your sobriety *that* would be.
God yes. Can you imagine telling your story, only for our Jackie to jump in with her dreary monotone voice moaning about how she’s had it so much worse. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s Foodim. Set up by Nigella Lawson and one of her camera men.
Why Mom? I get that it’s a midlands thing. But not Southend afaik?

And northern Irish would be mam (mammy) rather than mom, if anything, wouldn’t it?
<sigh>

Maybe it’s a Cypriot Greek thing?

... or Scottish...

Maybe she’s going American next y’all?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think the fact that even though she is a minor celeb I feel part of her angst it that her time in the light as been realtively short lived. I haven't heard of any more "big jobs" in the works and no one she has previously worked with ( dkl)(Matt) etc don't seem to engage with her on twitter or anywhere to show that still have interest in her work.

She's bitter because it's possible after this she could may be well become another writer that you hear about for a week or so around a new book to then disappear till the next one. ( Perhaps maybe with a very odd panel show appearance)

She was hoping to be like nigella and all the other great cooks who's food and shows continue to happen and be loved, but her angry ouchy mouth and fiery fingers seem to let her down and get her in trouble.
She’s a one trick pony. The “trick” in question being tin can cookery. And even that’s a bit old hat now - plus other people are doing it better and in a more appealing way (admittedly that’s a low bar).
The food industry is really competitive and it’s absolutely crammed with talented people, there are loads of really amazing people to follow on Instagram or YouTube who do appealing recipes, put up beautiful photos, and can talk intelligently about wider food issues (farming, health, local producers etc). Jack does none of this.
For some unfathomable reason, she thinks she should have Jamie’s or Nigella’s career. She’s completely deluded.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes, you're right. As a public figure there needs to be an element of accountability.

The problem is that JM cherry-picks parts of her supposed MH struggle to suit her circumstances. She majors on the areas designed to elicit the maximum sympathetic response and completely ignores the other side, which is the misery that the individual can create. I do believe that she has issues, but they aren't the ones she chooses to bang on about. It's hard to make BPD sexy, nor malignant narcissism, nor psychopathy. (I have a small experience of dealing with such a person. It's all lah-di-dah, but when it flips, it's bleeping terrifying.) Much more difficult to win the sympathy vote when people begin to realise the effect this sort of behaviour has on other people, rather than continually being fed the 'eternal victim' narrative.
I have a Ed .I do find some of her descriptions of her eating a bit triggering.Mental health conditions should not be on a sliding scale of accessibility .You don't get to pick and choose but you can try to adjust or work away at it to try to help yourself but always realising for some people it's way harder and not always possible

Oh ffs, can’t she just put up the pic and recipe (not a recipe, looks absolutely tit) without the COMPLETE BURNOUT mention? How does this endless pity fishing make her feel? What does she want? People to ooh & ahh over her? Really makes me cringe, and it clearly doesn’t make her feel any better either or she wouldn’t have to keep on doing it.
That veg looks rank. There are so many lovely, talented cooks out there wiping the floor with her when it comes to food. Embarrassing.
Next recipy pity fish 🐟

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
‘The rains’

Jesus bloody wept.
Yes...!! She's gone all Steinbeck. Yuk. Her floridly biblical language. And was it a good day? I thought she was on a downer, reading a self help book whilst taking carefully composed pictures of her own bottom.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.