Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is though, if she was really smart, she would just create her own YouTube channel and not wait for corporate backing.

I know someone who is only 19 years old and who makes in excess of £7k every month just by posting recordings of himself gaming. He also gets sent sponsorship deals such as clothing, gadgetry and fancy corporate experiences - all he has to do is post it on his YouTube channel and... cha ching. The money rolls in whilst he sleeps.

When he puts in additional efforts he's easily clearing £10k.

This approach, combined with JM's already lucrative monetised efforts, well, she wouldn't ever need to go to the job centre ever again and she would inflate her slobbery sleb status so much more.
DON'T GIVE HER IDEAS.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Whilst I agree that she is a MASSIVE attention seeker and this feeds that, I also think it's important that she doesn't 'get away' with some of the absolute class 1 bullshit she spouts and that there is somewhere people can call her out on it. She's just been such a massive bellend, and so publicly too, if that had been anyone else they would be mortified at some of the clangers they had dropped, but not R Jackie. Just the thing with Cameron alone should have been the nail in the coffin of her career, I would have curled up and tried to disappear into anonymity it if had done that. Let's not forget as well, she's pretty shite, I don't know how on earth she got books published, it's cringe.
Yes, you're right. As a public figure there needs to be an element of accountability.

The problem is that JM cherry-picks parts of her supposed MH struggle to suit her circumstances. She majors on the areas designed to elicit the maximum sympathetic response and completely ignores the other side, which is the misery that the individual can create. I do believe that she has issues, but they aren't the ones she chooses to bang on about. It's hard to make BPD sexy, nor malignant narcissism, nor psychopathy. (I have a small experience of dealing with such a person. It's all lah-di-dah, but when it flips, it's bleeping terrifying.) Much more difficult to win the sympathy vote when people begin to realise the effect this sort of behaviour has on other people, rather than continually being fed the 'eternal victim' narrative.

Reactions: 16
I’m grunking but in the last thread someone shared a print screen of a new social media app, in her bio she calls herself a “mom” of 3.... does anyone else think she’s gunning for the v grabby world of insta mamahood? Those lot get #kindlygifted every thing from high end kitchens & bathrooms to £300 jumpsuits.
when she calls herself a mom of three, is she referring to her son, the not-maine coon cat and the dead kitten???

Surely not.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
when she calls herself a mom of three, is she referring to her son, the not-maine coon cat and the dead kitten???

Surely not.
Its says mom of three boys...one human, two fluffy: her kitten was a girl so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Today’s bullshit post 🙄
C9881733-4B5A-4528-AF2E-530851C1FABA.png

I was having such a nice time on there and now it feels tainted with her slop and pity posts.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Mooshy tomatoes... yum. I’ve never cooked with salad dressing before. Is that actually a thing or is that one of Jack’s maverick ideas?

I was on Foodim for a while but it’s pretty boring. Not much interaction like other social media platforms so I don’t think Jackie will get her validation hit from there.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Its says mom of three boys...one human, two fluffy: her kitten was a girl so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Today’s bullshit post 🙄View attachment 214448

I was having such a nice time on there and now it feels tainted with her slop and pity posts.
I think she still owns her rabbit... she just doesn't post about it. I guess she's got more 'grammable pets such as the (not thoroughbred, okay!) Maine Coon. She very defensively mentioned it when called out on her trail of abandoned pets around the time of kitten gate.

Reactions: 11
I do believe her son lives with her, but he's a kid, they tend to be preoccupied with themselves.
I don’t know either way but it is the constant LIES and hyperbole that make people doubt her. I went back and got a screenshot of this (note the date)

A4395276-BB86-40A7-BA0B-AD58C9272609.jpeg

This was shared on page 15 of Thread 19.

Yet, on the SAME THREAD, (Page 49), the next morning (29/05/2020) on This Morning with Eamon and Ruth, Ruth asked her how she was finding it with Lockdown with her son and she said something like “he’s staying with his dad/at his dads at the moment”. Now, I’m not outright saying she’s lying but, to be generous to her tweet, if she had been telling the truth about having no childcare when she tweeted the night before, surely the most obvious reply would be to answer the question as it was asked. Because after all, up until that morning she didn’t, according to her, have any childcare help and so any normal person would just answer normally about what they had been doing in lockdown. Which suggests (to me) that she had had help after all. This also fits in (in my opinion) with the various comments left on here at the time of “if she is supposedly so busy and tweeting constantly at all hours of the night, who is looking after her son? In my personal conclusion, I think the above gives the answer as to where her child stays. Should also add there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all. Two parents in a child’s life in this day and age are luckier than most. But to purposely and constantly put out a narrative that is proven false in less than 24 hours.. it’s no wonder people don’t believe things she says.

Reactions: 42
If she was in complete burnout, she wouldn't be taking selfies of her arse and posting them on social media.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Oh ffs, can’t she just put up the pic and recipe (not a recipe, looks absolutely tit) without the COMPLETE BURNOUT mention? How does this endless pity fishing make her feel? What does she want? People to ooh & ahh over her? Really makes me cringe, and it clearly doesn’t make her feel any better either or she wouldn’t have to keep on doing it.
That veg looks rank. There are so many lovely, talented cooks out there wiping the floor with her when it comes to food. Embarrassing.

Reactions: 26
Just peering in to see if Jack’s still a bleep. I honestly cannot believe that she’s gone onto yet another form of social media. She’s past contempt at this stage. ME ME ME and a bit more me and my misery thrown in for good measure. She’s incredible.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There’s NO NEED for her to share the background of ‘complete burnout’. Hardly trying to keep it jolly is she.
Agree. If you look on Foodim, 99% of people just share their food photos with a one line caption. It’s not a beggy/sadfishing sort of place.

Reactions: 29
Being on Twitter or Instagram wouldn't necessarily be so bad if it was about remaining connected with friends. But with Jack's not - it's about remaining connected to her narc-supply of fans.

Looking at the lemon 'pudding' recipe, a few things irk me a bit. Firstly, shouldn't puddings be steamed? So I'm not the biggest fan of someone calling something a pudding when it's really a cake. Also not impressed by the temperature of the butter not mattering. I'm no baking expert, but I know enough that in some recipes it needs to be cold, others soft, others melted and that that can make a difference. Related to this, baking is a science and unless you have a very good understanding of that science, I doubt you'd make a good hybrid bake on the first go.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

All well and good. Veggies for lunch.
Using up a good wedge of fuel money for that isn’t budget conscious though.
I would have just put them in my wok, splash of oil and seasoning and in 2 minutes, it’s done.

Reactions: 12
Also, maybe I’m hormonal but all the lovely pics of cats and dogs that people send her to cheer her up make me so extremely sad. About a year ago I was signed off work with depression and she tweeted asking for pics of ‘fluffy friends’ or some phrase I now recognise as equally nauseating. I sent her a pic of my lovely little cat with a very honest message about how much she (the cat!) had helped me. Never got a reply or even a like.

She does not deserve our pets!!

Yeah either she’s lying and using SB or she’s mean and doesn’t share cake. Both criminal offences in my book!!
Don't know about anyone else but I find that if people say they don't like animals it does change my opinion of them a bit.Fear is different I just think it could be thought of lacking in empathy for others .So perhaps Jack asking for animal pics makes her followers think she is kind

Reactions: 13
Agree. If you look on Foodim, 99% of people just share their food photos with a one line caption. It’s not a beggy/sadfishing sort of place.
Ha ha how crap does that bowl of veg on Foodmin look? That is NOT a recipe she posted. FFS she needs removed from that app, some of the other food on it looks really nice and, er, fancy!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It's not even a recipe though is it.
It's literally roasted veg, veg roasted.
Hardly inspiring, just dull and mundane.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ha ha how crap does that bowl of veg on Foodmin look? That is NOT a recipe she posted. FFS she needs removed from that app, some of the other food on it looks really nice and, er, fancy!!
It looks grim - a bowl of courgette, onion, pepper and tomatoes does not a meal make. And she’s been eating it for days in a row.

I’m starting to think all the speculation about her having an eating disorder is spot on. That’s a very low calorie meal, and I doubt she could force down that huge bowlful either

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I am so here for this rebrand! She’d be the token edgy one, she loves a Dickensian urchin moment. She’s been published in the guardian and is from money so meets their strict middle class entry requirements. She just needs papa to #kindlygift her a property so she can dedicate her insta to begging for freebies to make her house a family home 🥰

Me too! She’s already got the chunky boot memo so on the right path to Insta mum fashion chic.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.