Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JM consistently asks for fans and followers to “send dogs and cats” and then ignores most of the well meaning comments. Other times she says she is struggling with something and well meaning followers post their own advice which comes from a place of love and concern, and she just ignores them. Occasionally one comment will get picked up to further her point but they normally have a Blue Tick. So sorry your message was ignored, live laugh loathe :(. She certainly does not deserve pets.
I just find it sad she has to repeatedly ask people to talk to her. I mean you'd think with her saying once maybe twice she was feeling tit people would be checking in with her, yet numerous times yesterday she had to keep asking silly questions about baking to get someone to talk to her. Once someone responded and she had( if she had) all the talk stopped then she started a new convo, all one sided. I know I only see what's on here, but I rarely see anyone say

Hiya, how's it going? Or been up to much? Not once!
Again I don't know if this does happen, perhaps it does on her private messages. Then why does she need to endlessly tweet questions for half arsed replies?

Reactions: 17
She does the send pets thing as a quick way to gain followers. People love sharing their pets and its a given thst hundreds will reply.

It’s sort of similar for advice, people like to help people. Except all they are really doing is bolstering her followers.

Reactions: 31
She loves to have a barney with people for the slightest suggestion or disagreement but send her a kind message? She won't reply 🙄
It takes practically zero effort to go down a list of kind replies hitting the heart button so people feel acknowledged. Never happens with her (at least I never see it)

Reactions: 19
I don’t think SB has been there. Look - she says he said the lemon cake was delicious, but she had three portions and is having the fourth and final one tomorrow. So when did he get to try it? Did she just let him lick the bowl?

View attachment 214242
View attachment 214243
Such a minor petty detail but this sort of bullshit fibbing is what pisses me off the most.
Every time she spouts pish I just want to use that great Scottish phrase...
A7DA11B5-07CE-421F-A7F0-E76482B9E526.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It’s interesting what someone mentioned in the previous thread about handing over her passport with a note about being an alcoholic in to a corner shop/off-licence etc, because on Woman’s Hour last year sometime she said she’d gone round all the off-licences within a certain distance from her house and told them all not to serve her. She said when she then wanted to buy a small bottle of something alcoholic to cook with they refused to serve her.

I don’t know anything about AA but do they really let celebrities be sponsors?
I don’t see why not. I think most celebrities want to go to a meeting for the same reasons as everyone else. They might get more requests to sponsor by people who are a bit giddy with the whole thing so they might not want it but I don’t know if they would be disallowed.

What I looked for in my sponsor was a female I could identify with and who would always be honest with me, someone who had worked the steps with a sponsor herself and had a quality of sobriety I wanted.

I haven’t seen anything about JM saying she’s a sponsor and I would have absolutely no comment to make on that prospect!!!!

Reactions: 24
Especially as someone like her who claimed she uses sm to be seen and as an acknowledgement she exists. You'd think she show more compassion towards her fellow people, people who have written that they too are dealing with tit.

Honestly though, I know I don't know her friends but if she has to look for validation on sm for her existence, something isn't right.

I am not on sm, I talk on here that's it. Mostly because I like reading and she pissed me off so I vent, but other than that online I don't exist so to speak. These people are not her real friends they are fans that like her cooking and or other things, they want to chat, have a laugh with a "celeb". Literally if she came of twitter for good that would be it from them, they would move on to the next would be cook. She's looking for friends in the wrong places, these people just want attention from someone they see as famous and or role model.

Think back to all the celebs over the years people loved, idolised, worship even, they went out of the limelight due to various reasons and apart from one or two die hards were pretty much forgotten, despite those people buying all their merch and following them like lovesick puppies.

Reactions: 9
Wouldn't it be great if JM asked her followers to share local action against poverty projects, so she could use her captive audience for good?
Wouldn't it be great if JM used hashtags such as #CharityTuesday to raise awareness of all the work that's going on to help others?
Wouldn't it be great if JM used hashtags such as #JoinIn247 to bring together people who are feeling isolated and lonely?
Wouldn't it be great...

• Heart
Reactions: 34
As someone who works with individuals who suffer from mental health conditions, vulnerabilities, trauma etc etc I'd be interested to see what her diagnosis is / are.

There seems to be so many different things going on. I can't make sense of it.

Her behaviour screams personality disorder. Which is fine. But she need therapy not a '' '' 'chemical roller-coaster' '' '' (bore off) to manage her emotions and fuckinggggg stoppp pushing away people who genuinely try to be there for her and even worse.... Innocent twitter users who dare to post anything that isn't licky bum bum.
She is the first to lap up the love and also give out criticism and tear people down (Walliams books the other week. That's gone quiet now???) but cannot take criticism.

Communication a two way street!!
If you need help, get it. Twitter ain't medicine. It's boring as duck now.

Reactions: 29
Wouldn't it be great if JM asked her followers to share local action against poverty projects, so she could use her captive audience for good?
Wouldn't it be great if JM used hashtags such as #CharityTuesday to raise awareness of all the work that's going on to help others?
Wouldn't it be great if JM used hashtags such as #JoinIn247 to bring together people who are feeling isolated and lonely?
Wouldn't it be great...
Yep, rather than ‘what’s your favourite pasta / cake / [insert other inane food category] it could be ‘share a local independent no waste food shop / co-operative / charity / food education service’ then she could retweet all the replies and some vital services could get much needed exposure (plus a great way for individuals to learn what’s going on in their areas and meet other like minded people).

But that would be too much like using her platform for good.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I honestly don't think I've encountered anyone as desperate for attention as Jack. The constant "send pics of X" are just so she can delight in the endless ping of notifications, the subject matter is of no importance to her.

I do believe her son lives with her, but he's a kid, they tend to be preoccupied with themselves. So even when he's there she is still in the depths of loneliness as she needs to be the centre of attention. She wants that constant "you ok Hun", it must be utterly exhausting for everyone that knows her.

Reactions: 28
This request isn’t terribly unreasonable... except for the fact that she announces she’s leaving every 5 minutes....
I'm disabled and rarely see another adult except my husband (that only 3 days out of 7) so social media is a lifeline to me. I understand that.

The thing is I mostly use it to engage with a dozen people who feel like real friends, especially one who is my best friend, and to have fun putting positive energy and love out there by complimenting strangers, wishing people a happy birthday, encouraging people's efforts in work and hobbies, promising to pray for those who ask etc. I am just generally trying to make my life better by trying to be a lil olray of sunshine in other's lives, however I feel that day. I'm not ranting and raving, telling porkies, swearing at kind people, starting campaigns against people, setting followers on people or obsessively and desperately trying to get attention.

I feel that there is a way of social media use being positive and a way of social media use being toxic and soul destroying.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Twitter helps her. Bitchy replies and her followers piling on to people who are genuinely interested and trying to support her helps. Tweeting long monologues about how bad she is feeling help. Despite her tweeting self indulgent tit all day and getting hundreds of mainly positive replies, she engages so minimally with her followers.

I hope Nick is okay.

Reactions: 15
Ugh it's the little throwaway spoofs that are the worst. Saturday the cake was serves 1/ eaten in one go/you'll be running off with an empty tin because I've eaten it all. Then it's 4 portions, confirmed delicious eaten hot or fridge cold, shared with the boy, still have some left. So which was it?!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I don't believe small boy ate that cake for the train that I have yet to meet a child is his age that actually likes candied peel.
And it stopped being a cake when I presume she couldn't get it out of the tin

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ugh it's the little throwaway spoofs that are the worst. Saturday the cake was serves 1/ eaten in one go/you'll be running off with an empty tin because I've eaten it all, then it's 4 portions, the confirmed delicious eaten hot or fridge cold, shared with the boy, still have some left. So which was it?!?
I knew she meant to write " I have run off with a mess in a tin" glad she confirmed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ugh it's the little throwaway spoofs that are the worst. Saturday the cake was serves 1/ eaten in one go/you'll be running off with an empty tin because I've eaten it all. Then it's 4 portions, confirmed delicious eaten hot or fridge cold, shared with the boy, still have some left. So which was it?!?
It also says in the recipe that it serves 6 generously 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It’s interesting what someone mentioned in the previous thread about handing over her passport with a note about being an alcoholic in to a corner shop/off-licence etc, because on Woman’s Hour last year sometime she said she’d gone round all the off-licences within a certain distance from her house and told them all not to serve her. She said when she then wanted to buy a small bottle of something alcoholic to cook with they refused to serve her.

I don’t know anything about AA but do they really let celebrities be sponsors?
Everyone at AA is equal, a sleb wouldn't be treated any differently to anyone else there. Which is probably why JM stopped going.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.