Jack Monroe #61 Complete, made up, fanciful nuclear-level bollocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So far that app has seen from her a stodgy AF lemon pudding thing and a bowl of slop. With plenty of black pepper. Complete with a long, self-indulgent words wank. I was cooking that sort of stuff when I was a student.
Groundbreaking, truly.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
That looks different to the photo in the tin.
What goes in the tin stays in the tin, you’d need a pile driver or a stick of dynamite to get that out. What’s in the bowl, is something else, equally unidentifiable, but different, probably inedible, definitely unappetising

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not defending her at all but I fractured my gum as a child and I was separated from my parents to be questioned.
It’s more me exasperated by the fact that she says this stuff than me doubting that the separating happens (it does as you know)

Reactions: 1
369B41DA-A04A-453F-AD5E-DB6792A09BB1.jpeg

Caption for the Cabaret pic on insta. Why does she hate paragraphs? Let’s also add ‘bartender’ to the list of irritating americanisms.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
With all the stuff with her son and her mental health, chemical Rollercoasters etc... Is she not concerned at all that it's all very publicly documented evidence for social services if there is ever a doubt that she should have custody? I mean, she puts it all out there, if I shared a child with someone who did that I don't think I'd be happy about her sharing so much or being responsible for my child when she's (by her own admission) so unstable and all over the place on meds. I mean supposedly sleeping for 22 hours a day and reading 11 books in 9 days... Despite saying she has sole care of a child, when is she looking after him if she's sleeping or reading all the time?!

I think she loves her son and probably is a reasonably OK parent , (and lots of people with poor mental health manage to parent very well.) I don't think she there is anything she has done which means she could lose care of him

But she doesn't seem to realise all her lies and exaggerating about, well everything, make her look like a much worse parent than she is.

how did she manage to 'moonlight' in a pub when she was working shifts in a call centre? Although I did think social media was a thing 12 years ago, what with Facebook being around since 2004.

Reactions: 22
I have a recipe similar I use for pie fillings or just served with new potatoes. Chicken slow cooked, stock, leeks, onions, celery. I occasionally put beans in, usually a butter bean. Garlic, sage, salt, pepper.

I add double cream sometimes, dependant on how I feel.

It’s a really ‘traditional’ recipe, nothing new and exciting...she is a maverick though. It is her recipe NOW whilst she eats ‘4 portions of it’.

Can we add that to the list of supposed binge eating she has mentioned again?

• Sick
Reactions: 10
She says she's glad the photos were pre-social media, whilst posting one to social media.

She wore the shoes for eight hour shifts, but wasn't insufferable enough to wear them every day.

She wore knickers to work in the nightclub every night, but this photo was just a one-off theme night.

The shoes were ludicrously comfortable but she couldn't wear them for twelve minutes

My head's spinning o_O

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm just very, very embarrassed for her looking at that photo. Everything about it is so mortifyingly early noughties. And who even has photos taken of them like that?! Is is a boudoir shoot? Is it for some weird portfolio when she fancied herself a dancer? I mean I know the actual answer is just that she's a narc but it's still mad to me.

The wicker garden furniture chair is making me cringe the most. At least get a proper cabaret style chair - there must have been one knocking about the "massive nightclub" you worked in in your pants, Jack..

27b22c6fde74d9bc17f4fdce351a05d5--pub-design-bentwood-chairs.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She says she's glad the photos were pre-social media, whilst posting one to social media.

She wore the shoes for eight hour shifts, but wasn't insufferable enough to wear them every day.

She wore knickers to work in the nightclub every night, but this photo was just a one-off theme night.

The shoes were ludicrously comfortable but she couldn't wear them for twelve minutes

My head's spinning o_O
And it all happened in the world of tomorrow, yesterday, not all the time and NOW

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think she loves her son and probably is a reasonably OK parent , (and lots of people with poor mental health manage to parent very well.) I don't think she there is anything she has done which means she could lose care of him

But she doesn't seem to realise all her lies and exaggerating about, well everything, make her look like a much worse parent than she is.

how did she manage to 'moonlight' in a pub when she was working shifts in a call centre? Although I did think social media was a thing 12 years ago, what with Facebook being around since 2004.
Yeah, I'm not saying poor MH means someone can't be a good parent (just to be clear on that one, my comment was probably a bit wooly there). But it's things like her saying she walks 20k steps a day that get me wondering how that's possible with her son being there, I mean I have a 12 year old lad and I can't just pop out for a walk every day unless he's at school. She trips herself up over the tit she chats doesn't she.

Didn't she also say she met her kids dad whilst working in a coffee shop, but then had to leave the fire service when she had her baby, so was she still working in the coffee shop when she was pregnant? Working in the coffee shop, as a bar tender and a call handler all at the same time? Doesn't make sense to me. And yes, Facebook was a big thing 12 years ago for sure.

Reactions: 23

My head's spinning o_O
The worst thing is that her tights don't fit properly. They are stretched behind her knee, like webbed feet, instead of fitting snug to the skin.

And I've worked in many a nightclub, but never 8 hours without a break. I don't believe she was ever on her feet for 8 hours in those shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve got a renewed respect for soldiers now I realise how absolutely massive the mess tins they carried about were

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.