Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hell does 'claves' mean? If you're using a word which doesn't make sense on line 2 give up the damn poem!

The definition I found: 1A pair of hardwood sticks used to make a hollow sound when struck together. 'The mic was also nice on wooden percussion - claves, castanets, etc. ... 'Musicians will demonstrate bomba and plena, and give a group lesson on the claves - wooden sticks that are the backbone of Latin rhythms. '
Has she got ā€œcloveā€ (cos garlic, innit) and ā€œcleaveā€ mixed up, and somehow come up with this bastardisation? Not that it would make any more sense.
Imagine being one if her ā€œloversā€ and being presented with this tosh. And youā€™d have to be fulsome in your praise (despite cringing yourself inside out), otherwise youā€™d risk getting the ā€œhowling bansheeā€ act. šŸ˜•

If I was a rich single Twitter lesbian down south the thought of the drama and the food Jack brings would have me running for the hills , who needs that?
Iā€™m sure the elite Groucho Club lesbians talk to each other. Iā€™d be surprised if any of them are up for that sort of drama.

Reactions: 10
I don't get how you can claim to have insomnia yet sleep 22 hours a day.
I'm getting really twitchy at all this latching on to the coat-tails of some genuinely cool writers.
If she's got that much time on her hands can she not go run a soup kitchen or something. Or job hunt. Or just duck OFF ALREADY.

Reactions: 21
Looking back on old Jack posts to pinpoint how I used to ever follow her without getting pissed off. Firstly, YUCK. Secondly, a pasta sauce with potato in it?! Thirdly, according to this post there's another recipe book coming out in December 2020...

View attachment 213626
She reckons thereā€™s a sauce on that thing? Cos I canā€™t see any sauce at all. It looks dry as anything (and a bit raw). šŸ¤¢

• Sick
Reactions: 14
What workload and stress though? She isn't by any objective measure overworked. She needs to get off social media because she believes that pissing about on Twitter is work and it isn't.
I agree, but obviously her health doesn't. SM makes her stressed and I am beginning to think "work" makes her stressed. She would be better suited in a kitchen on the washing up, least amount of responsibility apart from make sure it's clean, keep up and don't break tit.

Either that or a rich old bird who will take her on so she can live out her days prancing around the kitchen doing whatever it is she does best.

Reactions: 13
Ah, Mr Jimmy Djokovic, how I have missed you šŸ’•

I believe she wound gave turned down the film cash as a lot of awkward questions would have been asked, revealing the not quite rags-to-riches story sheā€™s based an entire career on...even the old Hollywood fantasy machine might balk at that one

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Has she deleted the tweet about meds? I'm confused, she's on them/off them/on them? Is this the elusive rollercoaster she speaks of?

I've noticed (as it stands while I'm writing this) that the only tweet she's currently replied to is the one about staying off SM šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 19
oh she can just duck off. First Ian, now Val. What a bleep.
Can't imagine Val having much time for her. Kind of off-topic, but it's a pet hate of mine when someone says they've "done" something when they mean something else - in Jack's case here, she's ~read~ those books/books by those authors (except she hasn't), not "done" them. But more usually, and this really gets on my goat, people say they've "done" a country, meaning they've been there. Like, as is 'Oh yah, I've done Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand'. Pisses me right off!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
JM: Look at me, resting! This is great. *Sticks ass in the air* I've read 869 books in the past month.

Also JM: How do you REST? I just don't know how.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
JM: Look at me, resting! This is great. *Sticks ass in the air* I've read 869 books in the past month.

Also JM: How do you REST? I just don't know how.
she doesnā€™t know how to rest the same way sheā€™s never been on holiday or had cats

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Here we go, yet again. She asks for recommendations then replies saying she's tried every single bleeping one of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.