Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @acca00 on another thread title! 54 reactions šŸŽ‰

Recap of thread #59
Itā€™s mostly been All Quiet On The Western Front Southend Seafront.

Jack received some flowers from ā€˜Johnā€™, a lovely message from Vie Aesthetics šŸ¤” and channeled Bryan Adams for SB. And looky, looky - sheā€™s also increased the price of her Patreon tiers

Most recently, she did a drive-by shout past Twitter to publish her newest poverty manifesto. She was fizzing like a Maverick Southend Gangster Poverty Rapper and just Had To. I might have just coined that phrase. You can get that trademarked if you want, Jack šŸ˜‰

Last update: If anyone dares to republish her books under her former name in the event of her death, she will do a raging twitter thread from beyond the grave. And nobody wants THAT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Who the duck would bother to republish her books in the event of her death? You know when you catch sight of pictures from 1970s recipe books and you think ā€œChrist, that looks revoltingā€ well, you get the same vibe from her slop fest books.
Her ego knows no bounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
šŸ„“
One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. *She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Who the duck would bother to republish her books in the event of her death? You know when you catch sight of pictures from 1970s recipe books and you think ā€œChrist, that looks revoltingā€ well, you get the same vibe from her slop fest books.
Her ego knows no bounds.
Its the Orwell comparisons to 'potatoes'. (Some of which came from blue tickets that I had previously thought were a bit more clued up).

They've really given her delusions of adequacy.

Speaking of 'potatoes', has the cast for the musical of 'potatoes' been announced, yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Attributing the works of literary greats to the women that wrote them is not dead naming. Those women paved the way for future female writers. Charlotte BrontĆ« didnā€™t change her name by deed poll to Currer Bell because she fancied a change/didnā€™t feel feminine/any other reason. She had to do it because her first works were dismissed (using the words ā€˜literature cannot be the work of a womanā€™s lifeā€™).

Jack doesnā€™t realise the immense privilege women today have because of the pioneers of literature (along with politics, art, science etc). Yes weā€™ve still go so far to go but just over a century ago a woman could actually be admitted to an asylum for practising the arts. Comparing herself to them is not only laughable (ā€˜potatoesā€™ isnā€™t exactly Wuthering Heights), itā€™s bloody disrespectful to every woman who had to publish under an assumed name.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
She is a bit of a Wally, even if I do myself. I'd love one of the literal greats to meat oscar wild or George Orwell's. They would be dumb founded they really would . Also stop with the northern irish talk, please. It's my home so I am allowed to say it, your mum is from Belfast you are English be proud of your heritage. also so I would it like nails to a blackboard to me ssshh.....

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Congratulations to @acca00 on another thread title! 54 reactions šŸŽ‰

Recap of thread #59
Itā€™s mostly been All Quiet On The Western Front Southend Seafront.

Jack received some flowers from ā€˜Johnā€™, a lovely message from Vie Aesthetics šŸ¤” and channeled Bryan Adams for SB. And looky, looky - sheā€™s also increased the price of her Patreon tiers

Most recently, she did a drive-by shout past Twitter to publish her newest poverty manifesto. She was fizzing like a Maverick Southend Gangster Poverty Rapper and just Had To. I might have just coined that phrase. You can get that trademarked if you want, Jack šŸ˜‰

Last update: If anyone dares to republish her books under her former name in the event of her death, she will do a raging twitter thread from beyond the grave. And nobody wants THAT.
Same old tit from Jack in the box, then šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not a ā€˜detransitionerā€™ and yet, started to transition to male, but is now ultra-femme.
She said in an interview that she has permanent hairs on her chin now, from the testosterone she took.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.