Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, the meltdown that she caused such a storm about seems to have been quite forgotten, doesn't it? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
She's going to do herself more harm that good, she has been told by drs to rest up, she had been told my phsycologists to rest up, for the sake of her child she needs to rest up. Yes there is bills to be paid but she has savings, use them. Most people save for a rainy day. Missy for you at the minute it's pouring.

She needs to sit down and sort herself out. Yes she has all of these problems but she needs to remember it's not just her, it's her kid and he needs his mum. ( She can come after me for saying that if she wants) she needs to stop doing this to herself. She cannot do it, she cannot deal with the workload, stress, money worries she's admitted that much herself. I am not saying any of this to be mean, but to be honest and caring. Sometimes you need to step back and realise you just can't and she can't!! Sorry but I feel really pissed off with her at the minute. She is so thoughtless.

Reactions: 12
She's going to do herself more harm that good, she has been told by drs to rest up, she had been told my phsycologists to rest up, for the sake of her child she needs to rest up. Yes there is bills to be paid but she has savings, use them. Most people save for a rainy day. Missy for you at the minute it's pouring.

She needs to sit down and sort herself out. Yes she has all of these problems but she needs to remember it's not just her, it's her kid and he needs his mum. ( She can come after me for saying that if she wants) she needs to stop doing this to herself. She cannot do it, she cannot deal with the workload, stress, money worries she's admitted that much herself. I am not saying any of this to be mean, but to be honest and caring. Sometimes you need to step back and realise you just can't and she can't!! Sorry but I feel really pissed off with her at the minute. She is so thoughtless.
What workload and stress though? She isn't by any objective measure overworked. She needs to get off social media because she believes that pissing about on Twitter is work and it isn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh, I actually remember her crisp buttie recipe, because she said on a podcast that she'd written it for the guardian but not actually made the one for the photo they used - someone else did, using her recipe - and she was complaining that it wasn't made to her satisfaction, and the photo had no bearing on her recipe. The pic, obviously, makes it look quite delightful and I don't see how anyone could have come up with anything different by following her instructions https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...onroe-presents-aunty-helens-potato-sandwiches
Just read the article where she's talking about that Billy Bear meat, it's one of the most vile things out there imo. I vividly remember when I was a young'un the nice lady on the butchers counter in Tesco giving me a slice to try. I said I liked it, mum bought a pack, we'd barely left the counter when I threw up violently. Also that kind of super cheap super processed meat tends to have the lowest animal welfare standards so it'd be interesting if Ms 90% Vegan still eats that kind of meat today

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Apologies for the delayed comment on this but, wtf is she on about on Instagram?? Thereā€™s no filter on Instagram that has that effect on faces. Sheā€™s an absolute lying muppet. Sheā€™s obviously editing the image herself so she can show what she wants her lips to look like next time she goes for fillers.
Sheā€™s blatantly fishing for her next sugar mummy. After all, didnā€™t she ā€œmeetā€ Allegra on social media? She certainly seems to think sheā€™s irresistible though. But I expect that, by this point and with her relationship history, the sugar mummy network will be wary.

Reactions: 11
Slightly off the current shitshow here, but Iā€™ve just watched ā€˜Nikki Lilly Bakesā€™ with the kids. Hereā€™s a young teen with bucketloads of talent, confidence, charisma and brilliant screen presence. Sheā€™s got a real openness about her medical condition, and how much cooking and baking has helped her...and yet she doesnā€™t dwell on it. And sheā€™s what...15? Less than half the age of a certain other person, but so much more mature. Iā€™d have loved to have seen her doing DKL, she seems unflappable!
Sorry. Just having a brain fart there, as you were, Fraus! šŸ˜‰
I thought this too when I saw her on CBBC, such a lovely way of explaining, sheā€™s a really good presenter. I hope she goes far.

Reactions: 5
There are so many easy cakes you can just throw together, it wouldn't even matter if some of it ended up going stale. She's a twit.

NB - You can't buy intimacy with food.
And guess what?.. you can freeze cake. Slice it. Wrap it. Freeze it. In individual portions. The sort of thing somebody on a budget who likes to make things stretch (other than the truth) and has a freezer or 3 to put it in, might do.

New book idea (OBVIOUSLY SHE ALREADY OWNS THE RIGHTS TO THIS IDEA AND HAS WRITTEN 37 DRAFTS): Foods to freeze, when your lover leaves.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Another hairy Frau here....thanks for this, will look into this. I had a bad reaction to a leg wax a few years ago (having always been fine), which resulted in my legs swelling, massive hives/welts and a course of steroids to recover and have been too scared to try waxing again. So now a sensitive skinned Frau on top of being hairy. While I donā€™t get a lot of bumps I do get a lot of aggravation - Iā€™ve just started using the Veet shaving oil which so far hasnā€™t aggravated my skin but do you (or others) use anything in particular shaving cream/gel wise etc that you find fairly gentle or works with your routine?

ETA: The razor you mention - is it a safety razor?

I swear the heat and pregnancy hormones are making me hairier at the moment - is that even a thing? I come from a long line of hairy Fraus - while annoying (for me) body hair wise it does mean at least that Iā€™ve never struggled with voluminous head hair so some silver linings!

Would love to try laser removal too but again saving up for other things/gets bumped down the list priority wise.
Yes, you can get hairier during pregnancy

The cancer cookbook, think it was during the ā€œouchy mouthā€ phase that she put it on

• Angry
HIYA CABAL.

Nothing much to say other than I couldnā€™t sleep last night and fell down a Jackie rabbit hole.

I may be wrong but I donā€™t think this beauty has been shared on the threads (apologies if it has).

Reminds me of what I considered frightfully erotic and frankly awful poetry I wrote my ex-girlfriend when I was 17. Clue is in the age.

Also, unfortunate analogy. My love is like garlic. Microwaveable?

8AAEBA59-F294-4A92-9023-916C8A7D9BEA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
HIYA CABAL.

Nothing much to say other than I couldnā€™t sleep last night and fell down a Jackie rabbit hole.

I may be wrong but I donā€™t think this beauty has been shared on the threads (apologies if it has).

Reminds me of what I considered frightfully erotic and frankly awful poetry I wrote my ex-girlfriend when I was 17. Clue is in the age.

View attachment 213571
Her love is like Garlic. It gives me the shits.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
HIYA CABAL.

View attachment 213571
This is just a really tit tit tit version of the Carol Ann Duffy poem that Jack will inevitably done as part of her GSCE English because she's the school year below me and it was in the anthology then: https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/poem/valentine/

She's a talentless plagiarist and pastiche artist, as has been said a million times on this thread.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.