Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t look like the pizza company follows Jack on insta and vice versa. You think there would be some relationship if she was to get a gifted one?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I can believe it was #gifted. Instagrammers with fewer followers than her get sent all sorts.

She probably only saw the offer when she went through her 0000s of emails the other day. I wonder if she missed any paid work because of not keeping up with her emails - that would make me anxious.
She’s a pathological liar, and an impulse buyer with expensive tastes. Still calling absolute bullshit.

Reactions: 30
Yes, Mr Colin had a time like this as well (circa 2008, economic crash) and I sent it about 20 generic applications a day for him fiyt about three days, he had a decent fixed term role in the pharmacy industry that month.
To me, rather than complain about it, I'd see it as a necessary thing to do. It's certainly a more efficient use of mental resources to just ping off multiple applications than to pour heart and soul into something that just as likely won't get past the initial screening. And if relevant, it would keep the JCP off one's back, which is always a sensible option - don't piss off the people who deal with your income.

And having a permanent job has been brilliant for him; he's far more comfortable with himself and able to deal with stressful things since starting there. The money isn't great, but it is money, it's a routine of sorts (his days and hours still vary, they're compressed so he's doing full time and overtime in 3-4 days), it means he has to get up early, get daylight, a bit of exercise in walking there, contact with other humans, all those sort of things that slip away when you're unemployed.

Self employment just doesn't suit everybody. He was one of those.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It doesn’t look like the pizza company follows Jack on insta and vice versa. You think there would be some relationship if she was to get a gifted one?
omg ☹ you’ve cracked it, she’s probably spunked the flood of new Patreon subscribers’ cash already. Ffs she never learns 😩

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I wonder if she thinks if she posts enough pics of the sea(she now claims to love) that her landlord will feel sorry for her and gift her the house? Theres no such thing as failure that's just one 10,000 ways of how not to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
"Jolly" has clearly been on her Word of the Day toilet paper lately. She has the strangest vocabulary, it really doesn't fit her image. I dunno, I hear jolly and I think, like...a comically inept fat policeman from the 70s? An Enid Blyton sentient rag doll? Not a bunch of flowers or
post-CSA therapy sessions.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
omg ☹ you’ve cracked it, she’s probably spunked the flood of new Patreon subscribers’ cash already. Ffs she never learns 😩
I think the Ooni is gifted as Sara Tomask (not sure of spelling but Editor of Red mag) also had one when camping with MOD the other week

I don't even think that's the half of it...
@jenny2603 and @Limey myself and @Veronicaaa have had a few chats of the likeness of Vonny to JM. Vonny has obviously had Covid so is *still* ill. Cue and eyepatch recently 😂 Oh yeah she’s been a goth for about 8 months now too but today appeared as a beatnik....

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think the Ooni is gifted as Sara Tomask (not sure of spelling but Editor of Red mag) also had one when camping with MOD the other week

@jenny2603 and @Limey myself and @Veronicaaa have had a few chats of the likeness of Vonny to JM. Vonny has obviously had Covid so is *still* ill. Cue and eyepatch recently 😂 Oh yeah she’s been a goth for about 8 months now too but today appeared as a beatnik....
Of course she's had the Covid. Very few cases in Scotland, but she has had it much worse than anyone has ever had the Covid and survived.

Eyepatch? What a roaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I'd forgotten about Covid and the eyepatch. A beatnik, you say? Is there a new man in the mix.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That pizza looks nice. 2020 just keeps giving with the strange goings on 😳😳.
But I do have to say if I’d had my begging bowl out mere days ago I personally would keep the £500 pizza oven I’d just been gifted quiet.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That pizza looks nice. 2020 just keeps giving with the strange goings on 😳😳.
But I do have to say if I’d had my begging bowl out mere days ago I personally would keep the £500 pizza oven I’d just been gifted quiet.
Wish people I knew ( or myself) was so generous with gifts.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'd forgotten about Covid and the eyepatch. A beatnik, you say? Is there a new man in the mix.
No, still talking about wedding to Dougie in a few weeks, surprisingly. You’d have thought a beatnik man, eh? She has lots of kittens hanging off her, clearly dumped the 50’s look and 50’s sausage dogs too

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.