Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Aug1977 for your first thread title! 80 reactions 🎉

Recap of thread #57

Pray for her, cabal, please. For she googled / prayed / sat in a cold bath and instructed her Twitter hive mind to make a list that would help an adult human function.

She has been blocking people with a languid eye roll and a swift prod, while simultaneously soaking up the blue tick love.

She has had ‘five bestsellers in six years’ and is ‘doing fine selling books thanks’, chum, but you know what keep topping up my Patreon ‘cos mama needs her larder stocked.

She is trying to make ‘Potatoes’ happen, seeing as she found the energy to rage-write it in a night. She also has her memoir / book on austerity and modern poverty ready to submit (what a compelling mix of subjects) to hand in. She also ‘hasn’t really been able to write a word for months’. Uh-oh.

She felt potential fire and fury over an article she had yet to read cos BUSY not really writing and also going to the doctors for burnout.

She delivered the news that her doctor now has her on a ‘chemical rollercoaster’ and she doesn’t want to take anyone on ‘the ride’. Certain dear heart blue tickers set their phones to silent (artistic license employed).

She will ‘see [us] around’ and ‘inevitably peek back’. It’s not an airport, Jack. You don’t need to announce your departure! Safe travels!

She then travelled over to Instagram.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. *She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I think I must be limited in her insta as I can only see her pictures, I'm not good with insta though so may be wrong

I'm not going to sign the petition, it's been going since before lockdown larder and they've only got 82 people daft enough to sign it in 4 months. I think that gives you an idea as to what esteem dear Jack is held in by the viewing public

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Anyone else notice this little nugget? On the self harm bandwagon now 😴

She's riddled with scars!

ETA: sorry to just put it out there ☹ This poor woman on Instagram has revealed something really serious and I just feel that Jack is pretending to have also self harmed...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
I think I must be limited in her insta as I can only see her pictures, I'm not good with insta though so may be wrong

I'm not going to sign the petition, it's been going since before lockdown larder and they've only got 82 people daft enough to sign it in 4 months. I think that gives you an idea as to what esteem dear Jack is held in by the viewing public
She turns off commenting on a lot of her pictures.
Well, afaik, she used to - I was blocked a few weeks ago for liking someone’s ‘that poor kitten’ comment. Boo hoo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Always, always the same. Talks about herself, me me me and how, of course, been there done that. Then the generic soundbites that influencer’s say that don’t really mean anything. At least on this occasion she did compliment the poster in relation to the poster’s story.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
Man, the vaguebooking is next level.

“I’m going on a chemical rollercoaster. It’s going to get interesting. I SAID IT’S GOING TO GET INTERESTING”.

So desperate for attention. I’m also struggling to think of what sort of medication for anxiety/depression would cause the kind of psychiatric chaos Jack is hinting at.

I mean, let’s be honest, she doesn’t need any assistance with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Now I know naff all about tattoos, but having watch a few telly progs tattooing scars is difficult or impossible

Reactions: 18
Hello I was BUSY

I’m keeping my seat here thank you so Matt much.

If anyone wants to put money in my tip jar, cheers mate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Whoopdy-duck-a-doo.

Mr D is covered in them. And most are of a type that tattoos would never be able to conveniently cover so well that nobody would ever see or believe they existed.

If he walks into a venue that's got a blacklight going, they light up like a Christmas Tree. Strangely, he doesn't use their existence for sympathy or to avoid getting a bleeping job.

The nearest thing to scars on her legs seem to be the inevitable stretch marks from weight gain/loss most women who have given birth have.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

ETA: sorry to just put it out there ☹ This poor woman on Instagram has revealed something really serious and I just feel that Jack is pretending to have also self harmed...
Ugh. How hard would it be to empathise, offer support and not talk about your motherf**king self, just this once? Too hard, apparently.

Reactions: 29
I was just having a nose on her instagram. Never noticed how few likes she gets, especially on her food photos. 137k followers and some only have 900 likes. No wonder she posts photos of herself/kittens/random chairs more than food!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Now I know naff all about tattoos, but having watch a few telly progs tattooing scars is difficult or impossible
It depends how bad and how old the scar tissue is. I had a massive scar on the top of my right arm from a childhood accident. You can’t see it any more because of the tattoo work I had done. It was almost like it regenerated the skin repair all over again. However, I know people who have extreme self harming scars and found it difficult to get the tattoo to cover the areas. Looking at JM’s tats/arms I would wager lots of washed beans again that she hadn’t self harmed to the extent she wants folk to believe.

Reactions: 26
Well at least for those who have been BUSY the latest SM hiatus will give them a chance to grunk and KEEP UP....but be quick! I am tempted to start a proper pool for return date /time....although it could be a wasted effort as she seems more inclined to return in hours or even minutes these days. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
At the risk of speaking out of turn could we leave mention of her SB out of here please (last thread) I'd imagine he's very well cared for and has a happy home with his father and family. I'm concerned that he really doesn't need to grow up and see any reference to him on the internet when it's totally out of his control.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.