Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eep this reply.
Also... nothing very non binary about this pic or any of the recent ones... I know I've potentially misunderstood nonbinary but it's just...this pic is aggressively feminine no ?
That IG user changed her profile picture after posting that, that was quick..

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It's the first time that I've heard about these pizza ovens. When I googled them, it turns out the company is based in Edinburgh. Maybe she was up here to sign up with them. She's never honest about anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
It's the first time that I've heard about these pizza ovens. When I googled them, it turns out the company is based in Edinburgh. Maybe she was up here to sign up with them. She's never honest about anything.
Maybe that was the colab she mentioned!

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Oh yeah... I'm 100% sure that is gifted. A lovely £300 pizza oven 😒

ETA - this oven is actually £500. She deffo bought this didn't she.
Well she’s had a bit of a windfall recently hasn’t she. All those new Patreon subscriptions. Ker-ching! 🙄😕

Thats the most edible looking meal I've seen her present.
That’s because it was a meal for herself. If it had been for the povs (🙄) it would have been put through a blender multiple times until all taste, texture and nutrition had been obliterated.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That pizza looks nice. 2020 just keeps giving with the strange goings on 😳😳.
But I do have to say if I’d had my begging bowl out mere days ago I personally would keep the £500 pizza oven I’d just been gifted quiet.
Same. Even if it was a gift, it’s non essential & she could sell it & save people who probably have far less than her but are financially propping her up because they’re kind souls from donating to her & instead, direct them towards food banks, charities, those in actual dire straits? I know I’d feel pretty tit accepting help from people when I had other options.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't believe this new pic was taken in Edinburgh. The Rachel johnson-esque pics in the same wig were taken before she even went to Edinburgh, she just posted them when she was there trying to crack she had worn it to disguise herself at sainos where yet another creepy man sidled up to her and whispered in her ear and didn't get kicked in the shins for it. (Wasn't pictured in her suitcase where she claimed to bring zero clothes but shortly after arriving showed us her clothing all hung up for the stay) She's saying it was taken in Edinburgh because she's meant to be having BURNOUT right now *eyeroll* and couldn't possibly be getting dolled up to take thirst traps. She was also mid breakdown in Edinburgh but I guess we aren't supposed to be remembering it like that are we? Nothing makes any sense at all. This post doesn't even exist y'all are imagining it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
It doesn’t look like the pizza company follows Jack on insta and vice versa. You think there would be some relationship if she was to get a gifted one?
Well, quite. This is just a little treat to herself from her recent Patreon windfall. 🤢😡

Reactions: 7
Well that comment lasted a long time before Jack censored her Insta again. It really is just an echo chamber of sycophants.

Is there someone smart on here who can get Jack’s thotshot and triangulate when it was actually taken? I’m with @ChickenPorridge on this, it wasn’t in Edinburgh as she’d have posted that as a ‘come and get me’ to Louisa back then. This photo is now and she’s making a mockery of everyone. I’d just love to be able to prove it somehow.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
they say Edinburgh but it’s actually out in West Lothian. She would of had to get a train then bus/taxi as it’s an industrial estate

Well that comment lasted a long time before Jack censored her Insta again. It really is just an echo chamber of sycophants.

Is there someone smart on here who can get Jack’s thotshot and triangulate when it was actually taken? I’m with @ChickenPorridge on this, it wasn’t in Edinburgh as she’d have posted that as a ‘come and get me’ to Louisa back then. This photo is now and she’s making a mockery of everyone. I’d just love to be able to prove it somehow.
I'm looking at the background, looks like it could've been taken outdoors? Certainly doesn't look like the inside of a hotel room. Probably took it out in her back yard. I'm guessing she didn't set the tripod up in George Street and pose in her bra (wouldn't surprise me though tbh)

ETA I've just had a nosy at the other pics on her insta story from today and those wooden slats in the background look familiar just sayyyin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
You don't take a fancy bra like that on a trip when all you're doing is going to Sainsbury's and Five Guys. She must have hooked up with someone...
Yep. I think she wanted to. But it didn’t work out, hence the the sudden exit back to Southend (after declaring Edinburgh her “home from home” and all that).

Reactions: 9
they say Edinburgh but it’s actually out in West Lothian. She would of had to get a train then bus/taxi as it’s an industrial estate
Hi, I am one of the many people on here who lives in Edinburgh. I am wondering if perhaps Ooni paid for a taxi for her to go out to Broxburn, or maybe their marketing people met her in the city centre. I can't understand why they would think she was a good fit to promote their oven by gifting her one. I don't really read up on influencers in general, but I wouldn't have thought Jack Monroe was an obvious choice. She is meant to be a poverty campaigner (haha). How many poverty stricken followers does she have who would cough up £300+ for a pizza oven.

Reactions: 29
Hi, I am one of the many people on here who lives in Edinburgh. I am wondering if perhaps Ooni paid for a taxi for her to go out to Broxburn, or maybe their marketing people met her in the city centre. I can't understand why they would think she was a good fit to promote their oven by gifting her one. I don't really read up on influencers in general, but I wouldn't have thought Jack Monroe was an obvious choice. She is meant to be a poverty campaigner (haha). How many poverty stricken followers does she have who would cough up £300+ for a pizza oven.
hello from Edinburgh also! I thought the exact same. Even if you were to make budget pizzas you can do it from a oven or frying pan. Lots of recipes were floating about at the start of lockdown for DIY pizzas.

Reactions: 12
hello from Edinburgh also! I thought the exact same. Even if you were to make budget pizzas you can do it from a oven or frying pan. Lots of recipes were floating about at the start of lockdown for DIY pizzas.
Also, her previous hook ups haven't exactly been successful. I doubt Helmanns could be counted as a success. I would gift that oven to an influencer who is followed by people with quite a bit of disposable income who won't mind if the oven ends up in a box under the stairs after being used twice.

Could just be product placement, giving out a load of freebies on the basis that they'll turn up in people's pics and/or people will do a bit of showing off about having one without doing an obvious paid for post. Jack's fan base is middle class so she's not the worst choice they could have made.

Reactions: 11
We think??? Could the Scot soon to be called the next Mrs J be behind the lens?

Also i can't help imagine her thinking of a caption when posting it to sm....

"Good evening......this is my bra, there are many like it, but this one is mine. ....!
Your quote reminded me of this episode!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
We have preordered an Ooni, borderline obsessed with it and all it's future joyous treats but our's won't ship until late September 😥
ETA
The Ooni enthusiast page features failures that look more attractive than that so I am hoping for great things! We do have a mobile catering business so It's WORK 😉
I've had obvs for a while now, the smaller one than Jack as I couldn't afford that one

It's very very good

Exactly. It’s outrageous though, she’s spent the week accepting hand-outs, then she goes and buys a 500 bleeping quid pizza oven.
They're sold out just about everywhere so I imagine they have shipped her one direct from the factory. Its not an impulse purchase at the mo

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.