Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe Ms Moyes is now Vonny Le Clerc. She's an absolute fantasist, properly unhinged, makes JM appear a sober, credible human being by comparison. The many phases of Vonny are wild sex worker, observant Jew, witch, from a poor family, from a family that profited from slavery, political commentator, something v important at the BBC, radical feminist, sex positive feminist, gender critical feminist, pro- trans activist, all whilst suffering from a plethora of illnesses. That's just the past six years.

Edited to add keen roller derby participant.
I knew someone on here would have the receipts. I could barely remember half of it.

Reactions: 8
Well done to her for making something that actually looks like food and not something that has came out of a human orifice already. ( I will let you sweet things pick which orifice because I am nice like that)

Glad she has got at least one friend that will do something with her, even if she does encourage her to bring her own pizza oven on her visit. New take on byob? I guess.....

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have been blackberry picking today, free fruit to make jam, pies and crumble. This is walking distance from Manchester city centre. I really enjoyed being outside, and doing something useful. Why doesn't she suggest stuff like this, and provide recipes. I also came across an apple tree on the banks of the Irwell, lovely sweet apples and I got a carrier bag full. Kids love to do do activities like this with their parents, and it would be a lot healthier than tinned peaches that's for sure.
Thanks for saying this (I'm grunkaing) but I really agree. For a time in my life I loved in Surrey which is a pretty wealthy area of the uk, I was young and out of my depth and found it hard for money...I had no "background in cooking" but learned a lot through cookbooks like Economy Gastronomy, River cottage...about stretching what you have etc.

Fast forward a good few years later (I got out of Surrey and moved to a cheaper part of the uk, then overseas) and I've kept those skills and learned to look for them elsewhere.

I now live in a very large, built up city in Europe and yet, despite the lack of open space, every thing that grows gets used. I see older woman go to the park and pick linden flowers from trees to make a delicious tea, gypsies pick and sell berries they find on the roadside, wild nettles and garlic are picked, young men working in construction picking sour cherries from the trees at the bus stop. Most of this will be turned into alcohol but still, it's used. I'm not saying this in a romanticising poverty way but in a "these skills can literally save your life way".

I remember more recently, after living abroad, visiting my sister in a posh UK city. A big fig tree was leaning into the road as we walked under it, smelling fab and much cheaper than Diptique (for Sh thread people) and so I picked a few ripe figs and took them back to hers. I had them the next morning over high and she was horrified that I was eating food picked off the street...I mean...

I'm not saying foraging solves endemic poverty but also, knowing about food and cooking can make a huge difference. How does jack contribute to that? That's why I'm so disappointed in her.

Reactions: 29
We have preordered an Ooni, borderline obsessed with it and all it's future joyous treats but our's won't ship until late September 😥
ETA
The Ooni enthusiast page features failures that look more attractive than that so I am hoping for great things! We do have a mobile catering business so It's WORK 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So a few (maybe five?) days ago, I unfollowed her on Insta. Posted a message to let her know I was tired of the drama but wished her well. Today, I get a reply from her - one of her ‘it’s not an airport, love, you don’t have to announce departures!’ - so I replied ‘just copying you, love, as you announce your departure all the time!’ I’d paste it here, but she’s blocked me 🤣
Oh my goodness. I've been lurking here for a week being strangely fascinated by this whole trainwreck and then liked your comment on Instagram. Today I realised I couldn't see any content and thought she'd deleted it all, but the pizza photos made me realise I must be blocked! 😂 For liking a fairly benign comment on a public figure's public post. Good god.

Yes, I made an account to say this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I think that pizza looks a bit crap considering it came out of an expensive pizza oven tbh where’s the puffy crust?! What’s up with her suddenly banging on about the sea constantly

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Man, of course she has to say that the pizza oven was a gift. What else could she say, after a week of pleading poverty and begging. It’s been a long day at work so perhaps the key information has passed this tattler by, but any info on who ‘gifted’ her? At the risk of speaking too soon, even if as yet unseen info comes to light, bullshit. It’s a gift to herself after a successful week on Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Mr D did that after getting depressed by the number of things he'd spend ages applying for, only to hear nothing or 'you do not meet the requirements for the position' emails (usually for the positions where he exactly met the requirements for them). So I suggested he scattergunned, just to get used to them and to avoid the 'I spent hours on that application and they haven't even read it' feeling.

He got a permanent job within a fortnight.
Yes, Mr Colin had a time like this as well (circa 2008, economic crash) and I sent it about 20 generic applications a day for him fiyt about three days, he had a decent fixed term role in the pharmacy industry that month.

Reactions: 8
More announcements of departures than Heathrow but pops back for validation. Despite unfollowing her on everything from when in thought she was genuine her but her Only Fans audition pics and pity party still keep popping up on my feeds. The attention seeking is desperate. Fed up of her using ADHD as an excuse...... she deletes and edits herself.more than the political parties she claims to despise. Unhinged is right but shes just one of these people who enjoy the narcissism. So many people have expressed concern... she ignores it all. She needs help

Reactions: 12
I think that pizza looks a bit crap considering it came out of an expensive pizza oven tbh where’s the puffy crust?! What’s up with her suddenly banging on about the sea constantly
Jack wants to stay in her bungalow and has rediscovered her love of the sea, something she forgot about when living in the non-coastal resort of Hammersmith.

How could she be expected to move in to town and be, oh, maybe 20 minutes walk from the sea?

Reactions: 17
Man, of course she has to say that the pizza oven was a gift. What else could she say, after a week of pleading poverty and begging. It’s been a long day at work so perhaps the key information has passed this tattler by, but any info on who ‘gifted’ her? At the risk of speaking too soon, even if as yet unseen info comes to light, bullshit. It’s a gift to herself after a successful week on Patreon.
I can't see why this would be gifted, she hasn't posted recipes for ages. I've never seen a pizza recipe or anything solid on her page for Ooni to want to promote it via her... She would also have to do an actual Instagram post to properly promote it wouldn't she?

She's probably just splashed the cash whilst we was awake for 2 hours the other day.

Reactions: 16
I can believe it was #gifted. Instagrammers with fewer followers than her get sent all sorts.

She probably only saw the offer when she went through her 0000s of emails the other day. I wonder if she missed any paid work because of not keeping up with her emails - that would make me anxious.

• Haha
I can't see why this would be gifted, she hasn't posted recipes for ages. I've never seen a pizza recipe or anything solid on her page for Ooni to want to promote it via her... She would also have to do an actual Instagram post to properly promote it wouldn't she?

She's probably just splashed the cash whilst we was awake for 2 hours the other day.
Exactly. It’s outrageous though, she’s spent the week accepting hand-outs, then she goes and buys a 500 bleeping quid pizza oven.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.