Jack Monroe #575 The only poverty she's interested in alleviating is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ann Reardon's point was that stuff like toothpicks isn't tested for food safety in the same way as stuff intended to be eaten but at the same time idk what bacteria could live in a packing peanuts or survive being deep fried

Anyway if guest does not post a recipe for packing peanut, tinned black bean and tinned prune curry with Percy pig sauce in the next week I will be disappoint. It could be called Shag me, I'm desperate Peanut Curry
Don’t you need to move house to get packing peanuts? 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Nay lass, tha'll be in bother with t'pit owner. Ye'll get mithered (pronounced: mithered) at, ye daft puddin.
---

Mebbe if you stopped swinging t'cat around, you too could afford a Stetson. Or summat!!
What?

Has tha not etten t'cat yet? Nowt like a cat kebab when tha comes hyem from t'tripe mills, sweatin' collops and clemmed enough t' eat grandad's cap. (Would stop the auld bugger rollin' it all night when that's trying t' watch "Coronation Street")

(Aside: Do grandads still roll caps these days? Asking for someone stuck in the last century)

Edit for spelling.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What?

Has tha not etten t'cat yet? Nowt like a cat kebab when tha comes hyem from t'tripe mills, sweatin' collops and clemmed enough t' eat grandad's cap. (Would stop the auld bugger rollin' it all night when that's trying t' watch "Coronation Street")

(Aside: Do grandads still roll caps these days? Asking for someone stuck in the last century)

Edit for spelling.
The lol emoji is for the last line: edit for spelling. Fuxking on t'floor laughing heer.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I ended up in hospital as a toddler as a result of eating an old-style polystyrene packing peanut 🍉

Bet it had more texture than any of Jack's slop, though...
My daughter choked on one of the starch packing peanuts, it dissolved to a sort of thick claggy glue in her mouth and I had to get most of my hand in there to scoop it out. Was scary! She wasn't little either, maybe about 8? Thought it was funny to pretend they were wotsits.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I'm reading Darren McGarvey's The Social Distance Between Us, which posits that Britain's social problems and economic inequality are because the people who believe they can solve them are so far removed from the people actually experiencing the hardship, and because they have never really been poor or working class they are wholly unqualified to make a difference.

Really makes you think. Jack, like 90% of people in the public eye who believe themselves as working class, are measuring their social status against the upper class wealthy and influential people they wish to emulate.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Really makes you think. Jack, like 90% of people in the public eye who believe themselves as working class, are measuring their social status against the upper class wealthy and influential people they wish to emulate.
I think this is it exactly. I recall as a teen a chunk of our food being gathered/scrumped (probs you’d now say wild food, foraged or whatever) because you literally needed to make up the larder as there was so little money available. When my dad was on strike we spent a whole summer hedgerowing and the October holidays nipping into field edges for “loose tatties”. Nothing went to waste either because it would have been unthinkable. My mum’s tattie scones though, magnificent. That’s proper cucina povera, food you need to and want to eat, not that white chocolate mushroom obscenity.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don't even mind southerners making these jokes* - I'm proud of my clichéd northern heritage. 😂

Sadly, t'gravy mines is all shut down now. All t'gravy is imported from China these days. Thank God t'Yorkshire puddin' factories and t'pease puddin' quarries are still up and runnin'.

*as long as it's in good faith - so watch thi'sen, any Southern Softies who fancy havin' a go. ;) We'll set ferrets on ye.
---

😮

tit!

I knew I'd forgotten something!

😂
No offence mices but this is triggering me.
Jack once spent what felt like ages (probably 5 tweets) doing 4 Yorkshiremen comments (badly, of course)just doing loads of in’t and t’ all over her tweets and it was INSUFFERABLE

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.