Jack Monroe #575 The only poverty she's interested in alleviating is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well the top squig seems to know something we don't

View attachment 2959269
I don't think her followers are all that engaged. The squig probably just remembers *a lot* of discussion of moving so assumes she has moved house by now. Most people are trusting and do not assume every word a person utters is a lie. It is also not typical for people to invent fantasy house moving scenarios and live tweet packing boxes when there is no house move, but here we are.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
No offence mices but this is triggering me.
Jack once spent what felt like ages (probably 5 tweets) doing 4 Yorkshiremen comments (badly, of course)just doing loads of in’t and t’ all over her tweets and it was INSUFFERABLE
That is because SHE is INSUFFERABLE!

But I shall consider myself WARNED!!! 😂

(The Great Guest Tyke Era must have been before my time. But I can imagine it, and will probably wake up screaming in t'night the night, now. :oops:)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm reading Darren McGarvey's The Social Distance Between Us, which posits that Britain's social problems and economic inequality are because the people who believe they can solve them are so far removed from the people actually experiencing the hardship, and because they have never really been poor or working class they are wholly unqualified to make a difference.

Really makes you think. Jack, like 90% of people in the public eye who believe themselves as working class, are measuring their social status against the upper class wealthy and influential people they wish to emulate.
Can’t be too specific because triangulation etc but I had an argument with a relative during lockdown 1 where they were claiming they were working class. Our parents certainly were but they were brought up in a very comfortable lifestyle. My parents are defo working class but I would never even say I was as I now have so many advantages, anyway more recently my relative has a young adult child who has a particular niche interest and is being recognised for this and we got chatting anyway. Turns out relative has spent 100k on this thing in the hope it will pay off in the long run.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I've been mithering (pronounced "mithering") over the bath salts.

None of the recipes I've found include bog standard table salt, and nor do they use crushed up orange peel or eucalyptus leaves, they all use epsom salts, some use sea salt or the pink Himalayan salt as well, and essential oils. Anything like flower petals or leaves are strictly for decoration, to make it look pretty as a gift.

So, it looks like she's taken a perfectly functional recipe that is the recipe because it works, swapped out the ingredients for cheapo pov versions because she doesn't understand what she's doing, and created something that will block your drains. Much like her slops, really.
Hard agree. I’ve made my own bath salts for yonks (find them soothing when I’m flaring) and I put in dried rose petals and rose essential oil into the mix, they smell amazing and a few years ago (because I am a poor) I put them into nice little “bags”. They were the ones that look like brown envelopes with the window and they’re resealable. I gave them to my friends at Christmas that year. I also did a lavender version too.

Anyway. They were very much appreciated as they were properly done. If I had received Jack’s manky old bottle full of stuff that should have gone into a food caddy, well…..I’d have hurled it onto the nearest fire, obvs 🤷‍♀️💅🏻

ETA - this has reminded me I’m out of everything for bath salts, so shall get some bits and show you my wares 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think this is it exactly. I recall as a teen a chunk of our food being gathered/scrumped (probs you’d now say wild food, foraged or whatever) because you literally needed to make up the larder as there was so little money available. When my dad was on strike we spent a whole summer hedgerowing and the October holidays nipping into field edges for “loose tatties”. Nothing went to waste either because it would have been unthinkable. My mum’s tattie scones though, magnificent. That’s proper cucina povera, food you need to and want to eat, not that white chocolate mushroom obscenity.
QMLAN to explain that loose tatties aren’t like “come to bed carbonara”, they’re just the tatties during picking season that for whatever reason don’t make it on to the tractor trailer and find their way to the field edges.

I did paid tattie (and other fruit & veg) picking in my later teens through the holidays and you always made sure there were loose tatties in case they were “needed” …

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Can’t be too specific because triangulation etc but I had an argument with a relative during lockdown 1 where they were claiming they were working class. Our parents certainly were but they were brought up in a very comfortable lifestyle. My parents are defo working class but I would never even say I was as I now have so many advantages, anyway more recently my relative has a young adult child who has a particular niche interest and is being recognised for this and we got chatting anyway. Turns out relative has spent 100k on this thing in the hope it will pay off in the long run.
This is such a great example and while unrelated reminds me of the genius of Theresa May’s “Just About Managing” speech. I really felt she was talking directly to us. Ofc there were people with household incomes many times greater than ours with huge mortgages & 2 kids at Eton who also felt they were JAM.

QMLAN to explain that loose tatties aren’t like “come to bed carbonara”, they’re just the tatties during picking season that for whatever reason don’t make it on to the tractor trailer and find their way to the field edges.

I did paid tattie (and other fruit & veg) picking in my later teens through the holidays and you always made sure there were loose tatties in case they were “needed” …
I remember well coming out of the farmhouse on “payday” having been handed a few pence, and stripping the fruit bushes. Cycling home with our own body weight in berries slung over the handlebars for Ma Bap to turn into jam.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a dream that Liverpool FC were being investigated for a breach of FFP rules and Jack was wanging on about how she had lots of insider knowledge that proved they hadn't done anything wrong. It was all a bit odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I have fond memories of my mum taking us foraging for damsons, blackberries and crab apples, and elderflower for my grandad to make into wine. Could have been something for her to share with SB.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have fond memories of my mum taking us foraging for damsons, blackberries and crab apples, and elderflower for my grandad to make into wine. Could have been something for her to share with SB.
Coming soon, Guest's recipe for Destroying Angel and Death Cap mushroom risotto.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I had a dream that Liverpool FC were being investigated for a breach of FFP rules and Jack was wanging on about how she had lots of insider knowledge that proved they hadn't done anything wrong. It was all a bit odd.
The scary thing is, you can just imagine her doing something like this 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I remember well coming out of the farmhouse on “payday” having been handed a few pence, and stripping the fruit bushes. Cycling home with our own body weight in berries slung over the handlebars for Ma Bap to turn into jam.
When I was fruit picking mum used to say “don’t come home hungry”. They’d check your bag on the way out but they couldn’t police your belly.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hard agree. I’ve made my own bath salts for yonks (find them soothing when I’m flaring) and I put in dried rose petals and rose essential oil into the mix, they smell amazing and a few years ago (because I am a poor) I put them into nice little “bags”. They were the ones that look like brown envelopes with the window and they’re resealable. I gave them to my friends at Christmas that year. I also did a lavender version too.

Anyway. They were very much appreciated as they were properly done. If I had received Jack’s manky old bottle full of stuff that should have gone into a food caddy, well…..I’d have hurled it onto the nearest fire, obvs 🤷‍♀️💅🏻

ETA - this has reminded me I’m out of everything for bath salts, so shall get some bits and show you my wares 😂
Can you make me a radiator mushroom one?
---
Has everyone got their moleskin note books ready for our 4th of July election night party? I’ll be raging if politics Jack doesn’t show up.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
sorry am I the only one who hasn't heard of 'packing peanuts' and thought the canal had collectively lost its mind???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
sorry am I the only one who hasn't heard of 'packing peanuts' and thought the canal had collectively lost its mind???
I missed a few pages and I assumed this was some sort of vulgar reference like “he’s packing” which I think means someone has a big Willy so I’m assuming if someone is packing peanuts it means they have a wee one. I do not wish to be corrected btw.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Foraging?!! Guest foraging? Hahahahahaha
Be careful what you wish for. Here’s the time she “foraged” (i.e. picked something growing in her own garden)
IMG_0057.jpeg
Claims she “foraged” elderflower and blackberries, actually foraged Germolene, Artex and sadness to create…
This.
IMG_0055.jpeg

Literal food writer
IMG_0058.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Be careful what you wish for. Here’s the time she “foraged” (i.e. picked something growing in her own garden) View attachment 2959721Claims she “foraged” elderflower and blackberries, actually foraged Germolene, Artex and sadness to create…
This. View attachment 2959725
Literal food writer
View attachment 2959730
I call “LIES”. You can’t pick blackberries with thick gardening gloves on, you just can’t!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Be careful what you wish for. Here’s the time she “foraged” (i.e. picked something growing in her own garden) View attachment 2959721Claims she “foraged” elderflower and blackberries, actually foraged Germolene, Artex and sadness to create…
This. View attachment 2959725
Literal food writer
View attachment 2959730
That picture for an amateur would be fine but not from someone claiming to be a ‘literal food expert’

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.