Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always assumed she got 4.5 C or higher GCSEs and 2.5 D-G which the school and her parents and thus probably herself considered failures.
I get the strong impression Big D was absolutely livid with her results and that’s why she’s so obsessed with them. Her whole life seems to be oriented around the contradicting goals of impressing him while also trying to prove a point by “taking her own path”.

Maybe Mama E was displeased too, maybe she was supportive who knows - Jack doesn’t seem to have anywhere near the desperation to be approved of/prove wrong/get attention from her as she does her father.

• Sick
Reactions: 46
March 2012
IMG_7762.jpeg

:unsure:
IMG_7769.jpeg
IMG_7768.jpeg
30 miles away, day shifts that meant being out of the house for 13 hours total.
IMG_7764.jpeg
IMG_7765.jpeg
IMG_7766.jpeg
IMG_7767.jpeg
And also 15-hour long night shifts, 2 hours longer than the day shift working day plus commute at both ends. In Brentwood. 30 miles away
IMG_7773.jpeg
IMG_7774.jpeg
IMG_7770.jpeg
IMG_7771.jpeg

For that matter, see also: it’s the girlfriend in whose house she was living and who dumped her’s fault she had to quit the fire service! Here’s the evidence!!!
IMG_7765.jpeg
Tho her tricksy wording makes it seem like this is her son’s dad she’s on about. AND that she had no family close. This is when she came back from maternity in Sept 2011, was dumped in Oct 2011, had to move out of the home owned by her partner and in October 2011 immediately SPITE-flounced into the £725 a month luxury exec apartment and then SPITE-flounced out of the fire service mere weeks later in mid-November, while already “off sick with stress.

Everything she ever does, up to and including these past few days, is to stick it to someone else “I’LL SHOW THEM!!!”

I’ll say it again. What a bleep.

@witchofwestbyfleet let me know if you want any linky links for the Wiki

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Is the horsey lasagna among the choices here? Esp if Xanthe is determined to diss on guest.
I think Tesco had to recall the Horse Lasagne. Xanthe’s all look like they’ve got the traditional bechamel made of like cow milk and whatever. No work for Horses where lasagne is concerned, these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
have we seen this where she's replied to liz jones?
View attachment 2874979
IMG_7781.jpeg

Just found the actual blog post in the archives.
Congratulations on your beautiful new home, your BUTTER SOFT LEATHER and your sperm stealing confessionals, Lizmate!
IMG_7779.jpeg

Link.
And of course, NEEDLESS TO SAY, guest had to have the last laugh word more than once
IMG_7782.jpeg

So here’s the link to that diatribe too
Truly, truly insufferable. Twenty bleeping five years old.
IMG_7784.jpeg
ETA
IMG_7785.jpeg
IMG_7786.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Ah that’s when she fibbed to Ol’ Xanthe in 2013 to show off. Sokay tho. She “cleared it up once and for all” seven and a half years later in Potatoes. When “her Wikipedia” said she had 7. That’s cos you told Xanthe Clay you had 7, you bleeping fantasist liar. View attachment 2879964And it wasn’t even her fault she didn’t get 7!!! It was a SCHOOL SCANDAL and EVERYBODY said so!!! Even THE NEWSPAPER!

Then she almost signed up to be shipped off to the front line at Ypres, but “for several reasons” (mostly it being the best part of a century too late, and the Army not using 16 year old spoiled provincial brat attention seeking immature little girls as “cannon fodder”) she didn’t. She went to work in her grandad’s chip shop instead
View attachment 2879969
31 July 2020 Potatoes, above: pulled out of GCSEs where she was predicted to get “anything below a B”
View attachment 2880005

Seems unfair then, that (barely 7 months later in the telling) they also “struck her off” all the ones in which it was predicted she’d get an actual B as well. 😔
View attachment 2880000Poor Jack. Deprived of her own academic achievements by the evil school who thwarted her 😭

Oh, wait….! Hearken, for tis a reluctant 4 1/2 GCSEs and the “silly” spoiled (lying) brat who realizes she should have made more of an effort.
View attachment 2880014View attachment 2880015Luckily, when she wrote this back in 2012 she’d just signed up for two fictional imaginary degrees to mitigate this immature adolescent lapse in judgement.
Hang on - she's claiming she was 'failing' her GCSEs because she was skipping class to sit in the library or in a field reading books? What? Whaaaat?
---
tit a brick! Just went looking for the original ss from @Mel Donte about guest’reluctant GCSEs” and found this from @Mel Donte instead! guest’s ORIGINAL Our Southend blog!

using up my Abel and Cole!!!
View attachment 2880047

I (an oppressed independent artist) ALONE SHALL SPEAK FOR YOU!
View attachment 2880051
Twenty bleeping three years old. Already an insufferable bleep.

I AM SOUTHEND at this page
More FANCY recipes with real ingredients. This a-way.
Soooo poooooooor! (None of these survived the transition from Our Southend to her new “A girl called Jack” iteration mere days later, after she got noticed by THE NEWSPAPER) View attachment 2880069
View attachment 2880065
Mmm, macadamia nuts, vanilla pod and powdered green tea. Definitely the kind of cheap and value ingredients that a pov unemployed single mum would have kicking around in her kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I can't believe you forgot the unholy creation that was her cheesy fish finger lasagne, tenderstem.

Just went in search of a visual reminder but her YouTube's been locked down and this was the only screenshot I could find.

View attachment 2880124

Bonus cursed content from the same era:

Ah yes, the "make everything look like the video¹ to Don't Look Down by ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead²" era.

¹this is actually on topic!

²shortened to either "Trail of Dead" or "ToD", usually.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Actually, thinking about “I Am The Walrus” it’s less about the song lyrics and more like reading one of guest’s slop book offerings.

Yellow-matter custard?
Semolina pilchard?

Hmmm sounds familiar. Didn’t know Jack was a Beatles fan.

“Helter Skelter? Yeah, completed it mate 👍

Literally had about 3 hours sleep and feel like I’ve properly lost my mind with this post btw.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
And of course the next line is dripping from a dead dog's eye, which given Jack's history with animals...
Yup :( god she’s a proper pile of shite isn’t she?

Glad her name is the same on Twixxter, the prick.

Reactions: 12
I get the strong impression Big D was absolutely livid with her results and that’s why she’s so obsessed with them. Her whole life seems to be oriented around the contradicting goals of impressing him while also trying to prove a point by “taking her own path”.

Maybe Mama E was displeased too, maybe she was supportive who knows - Jack doesn’t seem to have anywhere near the desperation to be approved of/prove wrong/get attention from her as she does her father.
I think her family were livid for her for a number of reasons: the GCSEs, the young single pregnancy, the (likely) behaving very badly at the fire service making her a pariah.

This is all fairly standard parent stuff imho. I only have sons but tbh if I had a daughter who got pregnant at a young age before she was qualified, or financially independent, with no career plans and no relationship, I'd be livid too. Not because I'd think she was a harlot who shoulda kept her legs shut but because I'd be frantic with worry about how she'd support herself, how she'd fulfil herself educationally and in her career, and whether it was the right set-up for an innocent child to flourish. My lividity would be the result of love, in other words.

Likewise if I got one of my kids a coveted well paying job at my firm and they (as I suspect Jack did) fucked it off by having a bad attitude, poor time keeping, and then flounced, I'd be utterly mortified, and yes, again, livid. Not because I'm siding with der ebil firemenz against the bird who wanted to wear traaaaazers, but because it reflects badly on my career prospects and thus my ability to support my family including my ungrateful daughter. Again, my anger would be born out of love not spite.

Jack doesn't understand this and despite having a kid herself, doesn't seem to comprehend the sacrifices that parents routinely make for their children (which I've always found odd in itself). Hence the entire rest of her life has been an extended teen rebellion of "Mum! Dad! Look at meeeeeeee! Look how counterculture and edgy and rejecting of her values I aaammmmm!!!" even tho deep down she's cut from exactly the same cloth of net curtain twitching narrow minded middle class suburbia.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
In what way is hiding in the library or on the field while reading “rebelling”? It’s skiving off. Does she think all her no shows are acts of rebellion? When she didn’t show up to Glastonbury was she actually sticking it to the man?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
March 2012
View attachment 2880106
:unsure:
View attachment 2880110View attachment 288011130 miles away, day shifts that meant being out of the house for 13 hours total. View attachment 2880107View attachment 2880109View attachment 2880112View attachment 2880114And also 15-hour long night shifts, 2 hours longer than the day shift working day plus commute at both ends. In Brentwood. 30 miles away View attachment 2880137View attachment 2880138View attachment 2880115View attachment 2880117

For that matter, see also: it’s the girlfriend in whose house she was living and who dumped her’s fault she had to quit the fire service! Here’s the evidence!!!View attachment 2880143Tho her tricksy wording makes it seem like this is her son’s dad she’s on about. AND that she had no family close. This is when she came back from maternity in Sept 2011, was dumped in Oct 2011, had to move out of the home owned by her partner and in October 2011 immediately SPITE-flounced into the £725 a month luxury exec apartment and then SPITE-flounced out of the fire service mere weeks later in mid-November, while already “off sick with stress.

Everything she ever does, up to and including these past few days, is to stick it to someone else “I’LL SHOW THEM!!!”

I’ll say it again. What a bleep.

@witchofwestbyfleet let me know if you want any linky links for the Wiki
Yes please!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I didn’t listen to that whole radio thing (couldn’t be arsed).
I knew it was bullshit when she said her radio alarm went off at 7am..

What’s that strange rambling story about pricing broccoli and getting more annoyed all day, is this her being a wordsmith again?
---
And I’ve probably said it before why does she act like it was a shock she needed to travel to work when she came back from maternity. When did Big Dave retire? I worked with someone whose dad drove them in on his way to work every day, he was close to retirement and she would have been screwed. I always wonder if BD drove her.

Reactions: 19
Has she put her swimming certificates and Tufty Club membership on it too?
She can’t swim, so just the Tufty Club membership on guest’s CV.

To anyone new to Tattle, this is how it works. Jack snarks at someone who dares to criticise her:

IMG_0961.jpeg

It then takes about two minutes to find all the instances where she is actually lying about any and all assertions about herself. For example, clearly endorsing cheap battery meat:
IMG_0955.jpeg

And going ga-ga over the designer leather goods she’s splurged on for herself - Mulberry, Kate Spade and Burberry included - some of which may indeed be buttery soft.

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

IMG_0960.jpeg
IMG_0959.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I’ve also never understood why her GCSE results were apparently somehow set in stone. A lot of people I knew got less than great results, myself included. Did we all weep, wail and blame Borbora forever? No, we went to the local sixth form college and did resits and A levels, or vocational BTECs. I genuinely don’t understand why she didn’t do this, it was standard practice in my area.

Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.