Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen this before? It’s an article where she says she avoids “battles” over eating her slops at meal times by making her son (and HER ADULT PARTNER) have a public chart where they can only list four things that they don’t like to eat.

The controlling, spiteful cow. I can only imagine poor SB’s looks like this:

View attachment 2876334

…if this is anything to go by:

View attachment 2876335
So only sometimes will the poor little sod even try the tit that’s put in front of him. No wonder he’s usually asking for nuggets and mash. I bet Louisa was too. And she’s a vegetarian.
She is such a bleep. This sort of tactic would not work with a child suffering from ARFID or a digestive disorder. It just promotes negativity around eating too. Mealtimes should be a positive and a safe experience. It's very damaging in the long term to create food rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm never sure if the "live" part is accurate or of it's a projection based on what it thinks might happen over the next 24 hours based on current activity, but I see the comeback's going well, losing four followers for every tweet.

View attachment 2876105
Wonder how the Patreon is doing? On the 30th April it’ll officially be 18 months since Dear Patrons, I’m Sorry where she promised to get all the rewards sent out. So, any day now?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
How does fishing fit in with her fake veganism?
It doesn't of course. She probably means fishing for cashos, something she did when she was pretending to be vegan. It's an insult to those of us who have been true to our ethics for years. She just makes a mockery of every cause she claims to champion.
Speaking of mockery, I just had to suffer a recipe video on my insta feed of Dorklyn Becks making a crisp sandwich. Very challenging but he pulled it off. I'll say this for him though, he was a lot more coherent and presentable than Guest in any of her videos. Paging Easter Island Eammon.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Liverpool's next game is on Thursday. Best all mark your calendars for the exciting content she's cooking up for the✨ Comments Club ✨as we know she's only "popping back when the footy is on."

Maybe next time will be a surprise VBI reveal?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She's the classic Liverpool fan- not from round here.

Don't come for me fam. Am from along line of bitters. We have to say the above reflexively.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
This sounds historically unlikely. Not that Christie learned to surf, she seemed to be quite an adventurous type, but that she was one of the first British people to learn to do it standing up. How do you prove that? As far as I understand surfing is something traditionally done by Polynesian islanders. While Polynesia isn’t exactly an easy journey from the UK, especially pre airplanes, there were still a reasonable amount of Brits who made it there over the centuries and quite possibly some of them some of them learned to surf standing on a board.
I know I’m being pedantic but as a history researcher and student this stuff bugs me. You can say Christie was one of the first recorded British people to learn to surf standing up, fair enough. You can’t actually claim with any certainty that she was one of the first though.
I bet she's got hold of Lucy Worsley's book about her. I remember reading about her surfing in that, although I can't remember the exact details.

ETA, just seen the cream drinking tweet. Yep, she's definitely reading it. It's a pretty good book - don't let guest spoil anyone from reading it!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Also, if you “went sober over three years ago”, so before April 14th, 2021
View attachment 2875614
How do you account for this performance where you were clearly absolutely fucked off your chump on January 21st 2022? View attachment 2875664

Oh, and that you were shouting about being ONE YEAR SOBER at the end of June 2022.
Suggesting you didn’t “went sober” until…the end of June 2021. Again, not “over three years ago”.
View attachment 2875646
ss @Marmalade Atkins

Make up your bleeping mind, you absolute LYING charlatan
View attachment 2875661View attachment 2875663
Photos look like they were taken the same day. Jack forgot to hide her her eyebrows in the Burglar Bill photos. Although touching to know that crushing whatever didn't stop her getting her eyebrows done.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Photos look like they were taken the same day. Jack forgot to hide her her eyebrows in the Burglar Bill photos. Although touching to know that crushing whatever didn't stop her getting her eyebrows done.
💯 taken on same day.
If you ask yourself, why was the original worm photo taken when it was allegedly taken?? Why was she posing for a full body before photo?? To capture the moment? Why would she do that when she has herself had said she had no reason to live… really makes you think!!

Reactions: 30
Has anyone seen this before? It’s an article where she says she avoids “battles” over eating her slops at meal times by making her son (and HER ADULT PARTNER) have a public chart where they can only list four things that they don’t like to eat.

The controlling, spiteful cow. I can only imagine poor SB’s looks like this:

View attachment 2876334

…if this is anything to go by:

View attachment 2876335
So only sometimes will the poor little sod even try the tit that’s put in front of him. No wonder he’s usually asking for nuggets and mash. I bet Louisa was too. And she’s a vegetarian.
She clearly has/had a real hard-on for humiliating her family in the domestic sphere. From the horrifically patronising instructions to LJC on how to cook a simple meal (including a long disquisition on how to angle a saucepan handle - this to a woman from a Russell Group Uni in an elite job), to ridiculously complicated weekly timetables for chores and activities, and now to this horribly humiliating DOMESTIC WHITEBOARD on which a pre-teen and full grown adult have to declare their innocent food dislikes, doubtless to a diatribe from Jack accusing them of ingratitude...

This is the kind of malicious maternal narcissism last seen amongst underemployed, intellectually frustrated and pill-addicted Stepford housewives in 1950s Bible Belt America.

WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She clearly has/had a real hard-on for humiliating her family in the domestic sphere. From the horrifically patronising instructions to LJC on how to cook a simple meal (including a long disquisition on how to angle a saucepan handle - this to a woman from a Russell Group Uni in an elite job), to ridiculously complicated weekly timetables for chores and activities, and now to this horribly humiliating DOMESTIC WHITEBOARD on which a pre-teen and full grown adult have to declare their innocent food dislikes, doubtless to a diatribe from Jack accusing them of ingratitude...

This is the kind of malicious maternal narcissism last seen amongst underemployed, intellectually frustrated and pill-addicted Stepford housewives in 1950s Bible Belt America.

WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS?
What amazes me is how far she tries to meticulously control other people’s lives - as you say, with whiteboards, charts and ridiculously detailed instructions, as well as rallying her online supporters into orchestrating pile-ons or cries for TV work - yet her own life is completely disorganised, with an inability to deliver on anything she’s promised, meet deadlines, write a detailed recipe which works or prepare for work engagements. One rule for them, eh. Seems like her being a “chaos” and bad mentals only extend to stuff she has to do herself. Anyone else and she’s suddenly Prince2 trained.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I bet she's got hold of Lucy Worsley's book about her. I remember reading about her surfing in that, although I can't remember the exact details.

ETA, just seen the cream drinking tweet. Yep, she's definitely reading it. It's a pretty good book - don't let guest spoil anyone from reading it!
Can’t see it, she’s never read her extensive collection of cookery books (“an absolute banger”) let alone any other topic.
The surfing thing is on Wikipedia. Someone had tweeted the cream thing at her before she immediately passed it on as her own insight.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
What amazes me is how far she tries to meticulously control other people’s lives - as you say, with whiteboards, charts and ridiculously detailed instructions, as well as rallying her online supporters into orchestrating pile-ons or cries for TV work - yet her own life is completely disorganised, with an inability to deliver on anything she’s promised, meet deadlines, write a detailed recipe which works or prepare for work engagements. One rule for them, eh. Seems like her being a “chaos” and bad mentals only extend to stuff she has to do herself. Anyone else and she’s suddenly Prince2 trained.
I don't get why LJC would put up with that kind of crap? I mean, the a big (huge) possibility that Jack's just making this up while she's being interviewed, if anyone tried to pull that tit on me or someone else I'd laugh in their face.

Reactions: 29
She's probably been watching all of the regional feature/cookery programmes (Rick Stein, Hairy Bikers, Andi Oliver, Mary Berry,etc) and decided that she can pretend that she's been travelling during her absence and is so popular that she's been invited to fish on an inshore boat and then prepare them a meal as a thank you.
Those poor fishermen/women having to eat a mackerel or dab curry (of course it's not real so they'll be fine).
In my house if any of those types of programmes come on it's become traditional to shout at the telly "Is Rick Stein in bleeping Cornwall again?". Partly because during the pandemic when foreign travel wasn't an option it felt like every single food/history/travel/nature presenter did a series on bleeping Cornwall. (No offence to Cornwall or anyone who lives there, but during 2020/21 it was everywhere).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm not sure I'm ready for project management Jack, although like many pms I tolerated in IT she doesn't understand the brief and fails to deliver

• Heart
Reactions: 24

There was a podcast about AC hosted by Greg Jenner called 'You're Dead To Me' which featured Lucy Worsley and Sue Perkins. The information that guest is now dining out on was mentioned in the podcast.
It's still available on BBC I Player.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Maybe Agent Adrian has managed to scrape her a cameo on Deadliest Catch
I know many a fisherman 🍉and I can tell you now that her woe is me bullshit would NOT be tolerated onboard a vessel. Not that she could hack the backbreaking work of a week aboard a deep sea fishing trawler. And if she volunteered to be the cook, well….Davy Jones’ locker would certainly await any of her foul slop and quite possibly, her.
So I guess that would be a positive….go in Jack! Sign up for a trip but make sure you can swim from halfway to France back to the UK coast first!

Have a nice trip! Byyeeeeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 21
There was a podcast about AC hosted by Greg Jenner called 'You're Dead To Me' which featured Lucy Worsley and Sue Perkins. The information that guest is now dining out on was mentioned in the podcast.
It's still available on BBC I Player.
There was a whole rush of Agatha Christie stuff two years ago when Worsley published her book, did a TV programme and endless tie-ins across various platforms. So guest is not exactly keeping up with the zeitgeist on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You just know that she was the girl in your class who ceremoniously laid out the contents of her pencil case on her desk, lining up her pens in a particular order and spending a good ten minutes writing the date at the top of the page. In the meantime the rest of the class had already written a whole side in their jotters.
Performance over content.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.