Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All that crap! It would just close in on you.

I always think about all the tut hanging in the various kitchens, gently accumulating a furry layer of greasy dust. 🤢
Me too. Every time I look at her kitchen, it makes me want to get a black sack out. That and tear down all the fluttering bits of paper near her hob in case they catch fire

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I mean it’s this kind of thing that reveals the truth, which is that she’s never really been poor, she has a spending addiction. GENUINELY poor and unfairly waged people don’t need to bother with performative tit like announcing New Year’s resolutions not to spend anything or giving themselves Saturday wage packets because the money IS SIMPLY NOT THERE. They will spend what they have because that it all they have. Anything extra goes towards the kids or the house or paying down debt or just a nice treat like a night out. You don’t need to announce that you’re going to stop spending, because you don’t have the money to spend.

Jacks entire story from the house sale to present day is a story of a spending addiction which regularly lands her in the red, causing her to panic and grift. And fair enough spending addiction is a real problem, there are 12 step groups for it and it can wreak havoc on the sufferers life and family. But it’s not the same as being chronically unfairly waged and/or economically disadvantaged from a structural class perspective, which is what she claims to be an expert on.

Ironically she could have been a better and more successful public figure had she been honest about her spending addiction and talked about her struggles and treatment. There’s definitely a gap for that because with social media constantly urging us to buy shite we don’t need, a lot of people are vulnerable to falling into this addiction, especially younger women.
One thing Covid lockdowns did for me was to show how much I was spending on incidentals. Relying on the one shop delivery a week, and not buying stuff I didn't really need actually saved me money.

It meant I needed to plan meals to ensure I had all the ingredients. It also stopped me buying things like a shirt, or jumper, that I didn't really need, but was 25% off on the Sainsbury's sale rack.

Jack has never mentioned these issues in her blogs. I am sure that they affect lots of people on limited income, and is something that she could have given advice on (had she not been a spendthrift herself). Impulse buys are rarely worth it, but hard to resist.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

I always think about all the tut hanging in the various kitchens, gently accumulating a furry layer of greasy dust. 🤢
And you can bet she doesn’t clean it. Imagine the stench

• Sick
Reactions: 24

It makes me feel physically twitchy just to see the photos. Even if it's all cheap junk shop/wilko stuff, guest has a serious shopping/hoarding problem. Poverty has many complex causes and is different for different people, but I entirely believe that her issues with money are due to the fact that she spends it all on stuff she doesn't need (high end and low end) rather than budgeting properly. twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I see publishing mithering, so I'm delurking to advise not getting too overexcited about the possible cancellation of the mememememoir.

The screenshot showing the work to be cancelled looks like somebody's idea of a joke: the publisher is listed as Tor, not Bluebird. Tor are an imprint well known for their sci-fi and their fantasy fiction. Like we all know the mememememoir is going to be. There is no way Tor would be publishing this because they don't publish memoir. I don't see how it could be a genuine error, either - they are both imprints of Pan Macmillan, but they are separate.

If the screenshot is totally accurate, what it tells us it that *this* edition of the publication has been cancelled. Every book has an ISBN - a number that is unique to it and its edition. Just because the book associated with this ISBN has been cancelled, it doesn't mean the memoir has. As I've said before, that amazon listing with the Sep '23 publishing date looked like a placeholder rather than a listing. HH2 talked about a decision she'd made that had been hard, which was probably the memoir, so contracts would have been signed a couple of months later (at most). An normal publication date would be 18 months - 2 years later, depending on a lot of factors. So, any time from now, but it could also take longer and that wouldn't necessarily mean anything is going on, just that it's taking longer.

What I can tell you firmly is that there is no Memememememoir in the Spring catalogues from PanMac. There have been instances of books dropping to publication with very little warning (E L James' The Mister and its sequel both got announced something like a week before they were in the shops), and a sensible person might think this is a good idea for the mememememoir. It could also be intended for a hardback publication September/October time as a gift for Christmas.

It might have been cancelled. It might have been delayed. It might be following the course it was always on. There is nothing to be read in the lack of official announcement. This is how publishing works. And, the fact the social media is being cleaned up points to something.

I think everything is going as it's going, and my personal realistic best case scenario is that now Carole has left (and it will not have been anything to do with the idiocy of Grifty Kitchen), Jack's new editor is less interested in her and is going through the minimal contractual motions.

I also have some technical medical mithering that I'll put behind a spoiler as it may be triggering, but the tl;dr version, I believe she may be lying.

In one of the many "I woke up in the bathtub the next morning" versions of Jack's suicide attempt, she specifically talks about taking multiple packets of paracetamol.

Paracetamol is a very dangerous drug because it's very easy to overdose on it and not realise until three days later when you go into liver failure. Medical advice is to seek help if you take more than 8 in 24 hours, although, if you are an emaciated smol pixie, even this amount could be dangerous. If she'd taken the tablets she claims to have done, it is perfectly possible she would have woken the following morning thinking she was fine. She would not have continued to be fine. The damage would not necessarily have been permanent (the liver regenerates over time), but she would have known about it.

So. Pretty sure it never happened.
It could be that Pan Mac have “allowed” Carole to take her top author with her to her new publisher…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
One thing Covid lockdowns did for me was to show how much I was spending on incidentals. Relying on the one shop delivery a week, and not buying stuff I didn't really need actually saved me money.

It meant I needed to plan meals to ensure I had all the ingredients. It also stopped me buying things like a shirt, or jumper, that I didn't really need, but was 25% off on the Sainsbury's sale rack.

Jack has never mentioned these issues in her blogs. I am sure that they affect lots of people on limited income, and is something that she could have given advice on (had she not been a spendthrift herself). Impulse buys are rarely worth it, but hard to resist.
I see this in Jack's purchase of the brass wine racks. "Got these on sale", she said. I hear, "Ooh, 15% off! Just the thing for all this wallpaper. I'll buy three!".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
It makes me feel physically twitchy just to see the photos. Even if it's all cheap junk shop/wilko stuff, guest has a serious shopping/hoarding problem. Poverty has many complex causes and is different for different people, but I entirely believe that her issues with money are due to the fact that she spends it all on stuff she doesn't need (high end and low end) rather than budgeting properly. twit.
In the last couple of pages alone, she has been offered advice that she would do well to heed, as well as take a long, hard look at herself.

We all know the answer though...
SHANT

Reactions: 25

A few years I started really thinking about every single item I buy, I’ve saved thousands. I wasted so much money and space buying stuff because it was cheap. I now go to the big charity place once a month with a bag of stuff and my house is still full!
Prince Lumpy talks about moving so we’d have more storage but that’s my worst nightmare, I want less stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Oh and has everyone seen that fella Simon getting cancelled for dodgy fundraising, I’m sure it’s a direct response to our Jack, everyone is looking out for this tit now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
I've long maintained her actual addiction is shopping and that the drinking was a way to excuse/subconsciously facilitate the shopping for sure.

Screenshot_20240106-103956.png
Screenshot_20240106-104046.png
Screenshot_20240106-104246.png
Screenshot_20240106-104300.png
Screenshot_20240106-105050.png
Screenshot_20240106-105246.png
Screenshot_20240106-103924.png
i spy Strawberry thief curtains, I seem to recall that was a thing she wasn't buying???

I even think she posts about all her tat to subconsciously tell on herself - like when hattenstone describes her talking about sideboards with relief..

Deinfluencing and decluttering are still such popular trends. I agree that there's not enough consideration about compulsive shopping & how it ties into those trends. I can see guest trying to address this one day as she does mention decluttering almost as often as she mentions buying 100 rusty spoons. Whether she'd ever go beyond that cycle ( she's been in it for 20 years) - idk.

Also a big "yeah right" to this

Screenshot_20240106-104656.png

my mither has reached another classic of the canon
Screenshot_20240106-104840.png

Oh and - the "handwritten manuscript" that was also typed out laboriously, painfully, in the dark on a phone. Grifty kitchen was also handwritten! What a buffoon

Screenshot_20240106-104546.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
When I saw her makeup hoard I began to realise that her grift was massive. When I was properly skint I had one lipstick from Poundland and tbh I was delighted that Poundland sold makeup. She hasn’t the first clue about being properly poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I wonder if she got all those wallpaper cut offs each and individually through many, many poppings ins to poor Matt Gloss's shop? :unsure:
There used to be a thriving market on Ebay for off-cuts and spare rolls of designer wallpaper such as Cole & Son, Osborne & Little, Designers Guild, etc to the craft, photography and furniture restorers market. Even the off-cuts were quite spenny at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I’m absolutely bleeping sick to the back teeth of her and her ilk. Carly the salty grifter, Sarah the GTTO sociopathic grifter, and Simon Harris grifting money that he will send to the charity for you.
they’re a bunch of absolute cunts and I’m so totally fed up of all of them.
GFM and the like should be regulated. Even if they are, it’s too late for these fuckers who have scammed millions collectively. It’s absolutely sickening. Folk can’t afford the basics in life and these leeches are greasy, grifting thieves who only ply their trade behind a screen because they haven’t got the front to do it in the real world. Shameful.
I’m so annoyed this morning. Sorry for the pointless rant.
they’re bad, and so are the people who give to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
lol have just spend WAAAAAY too long trying to find this! £499 wine console in the “photography nook” or whatever the flying duck she was calling it at the time. Handles replaced by shoelaces or ribbon or some tit
View attachment 2670144Also seen here opposite the bleeping MASSIVE American fridge freezer that’s too big to fit in the kitchen, and the Leggy-stalking magnetic spice pot collection. View attachment 2670155Jack moves furniture around a lot but (pure conjecture) wouldn’t put it past her to have multiple of these. Note also the bleeping massive Cotswold sideboard through that doorway/in the room at the back.
She even has £100s-worth Cotswold stuff she keeps in the porch and the pooper 🚽 FFSView attachment 2670183View attachment 2670165and two more “shoe benches” from a different Cotswold range
View attachment 2670180
That house is MASSIVE and she has stuffed it to the rafters, literally.
The fact she's ever claimed poverty makes me incandescent with rage, honestly. That bland, beige housewife furniture costs a bleeping fortune.

And to make out her house is small? I have a reasonably sized 2 bed terrace. It's small the rooms are decent sizes. I just gave away a smallish Welsh dresser about the size of the one on the left in the bottom photo there because it made my house look too crowded. And yet she has a room with multiples of that size furniture and has the bleeping audacity to make out she lives in some tiny hovel?

I'm not a violent woman but she genuinely needs a slap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I wonder if she got all those wallpaper cut offs each and individually through many, many poppings ins to poor Matt Gloss's shop? :unsure:
What ever happened to Matt Gloss?

I think he made his first appearance when Jack was wandering around a bit of Leigh on Sea she had never been (a street, with shops) and accidentally found herself standing outside her new friend's Matt's shop. At closing time. Then there was something about her 'good friend' , then someone posted on here, a possibly related, tweet. The gist of it was , you keep hanging round him, and he ain't so glad you found him.

Can anyone recall what happened?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She feels bad because she is bad and has done bad. Zero sympathy.

ETA: Not sure she has emotions other than narc highs and lows.
I said the same to my narc former friend. I told her that she didn't seem to be able to live with herself, because people who've done the things she's done to others shouldn't be able to live with themselves.

She's still out there deliberately ruining everyone's life including her own though because they're defective people who don't want to change. They don't seem to be able to make the link between their own behaviour and how terrible they feel. But why would they when everything can be blamed on someone else.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I’m absolutely bleeping sick to the back teeth of her and her ilk. Carly the salty grifter, Sarah the GTTO sociopathic grifter, and Simon Harris grifting money that he will send to the charity for you.
they’re a bunch of absolute cunts and I’m so totally fed up of all of them.
GFM and the like should be regulated. Even if they are, it’s too late for these fuckers who have scammed millions collectively. It’s absolutely sickening. Folk can’t afford the basics in life and these leeches are greasy, grifting thieves who only ply their trade behind a screen because they haven’t got the front to do it in the real world. Shameful.
I’m so annoyed this morning. Sorry for the pointless rant.
they’re bad, and so are the people who give to them.
Babe, same. Here's hoping 2024 is the year all of these shady fuckers are dragged kicking and screaming into the light and made to account for the untold ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ they've made under false pretences.

Have just seen that the beardy Simon twit was apparently paid almost ÂŁ500,000 by Essex County Council over the course of 3-4 years for moderating a couple of Facebook groups. What in the actual duck?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
What ever happened to Matt Gloss?

I think he made his first appearance when Jack was wandering around a bit of Leigh on Sea she had never been (a street, with shops) and accidentally found herself standing outside her new friend's Matt's shop. At closing time. Then there was something about her 'good friend' , then someone posted on here, a possibly related, tweet. The gist of it was , you keep hanging round him, and he ain't so glad you found him.

Can anyone recall what happened?
I think she was angling for free Farrow & Ball back when she was hoping to buy the teeny tiny ickle forever flat. But then that fell through and she’s stuck in the bungamansion/bunker, so she discarded him as he’s not useful anymore.

Everyone should check out the Simon Harris thread. He’s the other Southend-based, terminally online grifter who is just desperate for Martin Lewis to notice him.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.