Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love it too, I love looking at other people's houses.

I think that's the room she describes here?View attachment 2671033

I was just thinking this. yesterday I moved two quite light pieces of furniture about ten yards each, no stairs, šŸ‰šŸ°šŸ• and I was knackered and my back killed me, and I don't have arthritis or anything like that. guest is always talking about how she's always rearranging the furniture, and all those cupboards are full of stuff. Either she's taking the stuff out and moving it separately or she's really strong. Either way she clearly actually does do this, but again, how does she fit that into the 120 hour weeks? It took me all bastard day yesterday to take stuff off four shelves & stuff it haphazardly into a cupboard. If I'd made a crockery wardrobe it would have taken days. yet guest is at her desk answering desperate queries from 5 am to 3 am the next day, every day
Oh dear god no! Youā€™ve only gone and summoned the room of requirement!
IMG_2156.jpeg
IMG_2158.gif
IMG_2155.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Thought I'd do a middle of the night grunk... And oh my eyes! How much crap does she own? She should just start a shop - Junk and Disorderly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Thought I'd do a middle of the night grunk... And oh my eyes! How much crap does she own? She should just start a shop - Junk and Disorderly.
All that crap! It would just close in on you.

I always think about all the tut hanging in the various kitchens, gently accumulating a furry layer of greasy dust. šŸ¤¢

• Sick
Reactions: 51
That would be me, though I think it may have been blown out of proportion by the Canal's Chinese whispers.

The leaseholders of the apartment block that Helen Worth lives in took their freeholder to court and I was part of a group that assisted with the casešŸ”ŗļø At the hearing I was sat next to Helen and when it all went better than we expected, jubilation got the better of us and we had a kiss.
Do we think she tells people that she's snogged Marcus Wareing?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Shes trashed every single place sheā€™s ever lived. Can you imagine being the poor bastard who owned this place, and walking in there after she was done with it? View attachment 2670810
View attachment 2670813View attachment 2670814View attachment 2670815No way she didnā€™t lose her deposit on this place, and am still convinced she was evicted, hence this GIGANTIC manipulative panicked beg when she had to move out of there, and her only lasting 8 months in the (substantially smaller) place she moved into after it.
How could you see pictures of the sheer amount of stuff she owns and send her money?

ETA: she had such a good following and at one point, she was providing content. A tipjar still could have got her a tidy sum if she had just said something like ā€œhey not struggling but if you can afford to and you like my recipes a coffee would be niceā€. But no. She was so greedy she created fake legal cases and wrote beggy blogs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Hopefully this is her truly finished now - although I do fear she'll try and come back somehow.

Reactions: 24
I wonder how jack's no buy year went (2020)
"Please buy my books so I can have a house" guest I thort you earned 7p a book.

View attachment 2669520

From anyone else this would be cute, but she ruined it by saying it was actually to buy her a house
View attachment 2669535

guest's house obsession. Idk. Sometimes I would like her to be a home owner so she realises that its still precarious, mortgage interest rates can change fast and you have to pay on time just like rent, plus everything else is your responsibility. You don't have the landlady to organise tree surgeons or whatever.
Can you tell I'm frazzled and panicking about a leak in the house that I own šŸ§€šŸ‰šŸ“ that I'm gonna have to get fixed all by myself. That bill is gonna be mine all mine all mine.
I mean itā€™s this kind of thing that reveals the truth, which is that sheā€™s never really been poor, she has a spending addiction. GENUINELY poor and unfairly waged people donā€™t need to bother with performative tit like announcing New Yearā€™s resolutions not to spend anything or giving themselves Saturday wage packets because the money IS SIMPLY NOT THERE. They will spend what they have because that it all they have. Anything extra goes towards the kids or the house or paying down debt or just a nice treat like a night out. You donā€™t need to announce that youā€™re going to stop spending, because you donā€™t have the money to spend.

Jacks entire story from the house sale to present day is a story of a spending addiction which regularly lands her in the red, causing her to panic and grift. And fair enough spending addiction is a real problem, there are 12 step groups for it and it can wreak havoc on the sufferers life and family. But itā€™s not the same as being chronically unfairly waged and/or economically disadvantaged from a structural class perspective, which is what she claims to be an expert on.

Ironically she could have been a better and more successful public figure had she been honest about her spending addiction and talked about her struggles and treatment. Thereā€™s definitely a gap for that because with social media constantly urging us to buy shite we donā€™t need, a lot of people are vulnerable to falling into this addiction, especially younger women.

• Heart
Reactions: 98
I mean itā€™s this kind of thing that reveals the truth, which is that sheā€™s never really been poor, she has a spending addiction. GENUINELY poor and unfairly waged people donā€™t need to bother with performative tit like announcing New Yearā€™s resolutions not to spend anything or giving themselves Saturday wage packets because the money IS SIMPLY NOT THERE. They will spend what they have because that it all they have. Anything extra goes towards the kids or the house or paying down debt or just a nice treat like a night out. You donā€™t need to announce that youā€™re going to stop spending, because you donā€™t have the money to spend.

Jacks entire story from the house sale to present day is a story of a spending addiction which regularly lands her in the red, causing her to panic and grift. And fair enough spending addiction is a real problem, there are 12 step groups for it and it can wreak havoc on the sufferers life and family. But itā€™s not the same as being chronically unfairly waged and/or economically disadvantaged from a structural class perspective, which is what she claims to be an expert on.

Ironically she could have been a better and more successful public figure had she been honest about her spending addiction and talked about her struggles and treatment. Thereā€™s definitely a gap for that because with social media constantly urging us to buy shite we donā€™t need, a lot of people are vulnerable to falling into this addiction, especially younger women.
every word of this @moldwarp

• Heart
Reactions: 23
FFS šŸ˜Æ donā€™t remember seeing this before. The Kitchen of Doom after three days. Long enough to Single White Leggy duck the place and put multiple pics of herself front and centre.
View attachment 2670968Seriously, her desire to copy Leggy is pathological. Leggy hangs utensils nā€™stuff in her window! Iā€™ll hang the same stuff in MY window!!!
View attachment 2671003
Have mini-mithered on this before, but now even more so based on what she says in that post up there about being at home at her Mam and Nanā€™s (and the kitchen of doom after 3 days)ā€¦ Wonder if her vagueness about when she left home and where sheā€™s lived is because she kept flouncing in and out of Dave and Evā€™s in a tantrum and going to live with (Non-Nazi) Nan and Saint Slumlordā€¦? šŸ¤”

Would def answer the eternal question ā€œWhere the duck in the name of the Blair Witch was this Jack-home?ā€
View attachment 2670978View attachment 2671010View attachment 2670979View attachment 2670982Cos itā€™s notā€¦this FANCY place she allegedly lived when she was 21 (so in 2009) and allegedly MINTED is it?
View attachment 2670987
Doom Kitchen ss @Marmalade Atkins and photography by the perennially untalented guest.
All these dangling accoutrements are perfect examples of her Busyworking. It's "Look at meeee, I have to have all this stuff to hand as I'm working 200 hour weeks creating" whereas, we all know they are all just there for show/gathering dust.

Just all performative.

Reactions: 40

She couldnā€™t just have one of something - she had to push it to the nth degree.

I remember someone challenging her on Twitter for having so many bowls, pots or cutlery. Canā€™t remember which - but she countered it by saying they were props for her work. (It might have been the charity shop-esque shelf pics).

Miguel Barclay has been quite honest about the props he uses for his book pics - he hires the stuff in. That way he can use a wide variety of items which are always different without having a house full of chipped bowls and tarnished eating irons.

He showed his trips to the props warehouse on his stories so you could follow the evolution of his books through from recipe writing, testing to the book shoots. Heā€™s not the most innovative of chefs but heā€™s used his social media in a very canny way.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Shes trashed every single place sheā€™s ever lived. Can you imagine being the poor bastard who owned this place, and walking in there after she was done with it? View attachment 2670810
View attachment 2670813View attachment 2670814View attachment 2670815No way she didnā€™t lose her deposit on this place, and am still convinced she was evicted, hence this GIGANTIC manipulative panicked beg when she had to move out of there, and her only lasting 8 months in the (substantially smaller) place she moved into after it.
I've never seen the original kitchen. As an interiors-loving-wanker-frau, I just did a sharp intake of breath. I love furniture and constantly move stuff round (am I Jack?) but jeez her style is migraine inducing.

Reactions: 32
Guest has really fucked things up. When she started her original grift she should have used it as an opportunity to actually learn how to cook. Like properly develop a skill to fall back on. Instead she has spent over a decade lying, buying utter guff and showing off on Twitter.
Sheā€™s too greedy and entitled to have any savings. It wonā€™t be long before she is genuinely suffering from the poverty she has claimed to have experienced.

Reactions: 53
Guest has really fucked things up. When she started her original grift she should have used it as an opportunity to actually learn how to cook. Like properly develop a skill to fall back on. Instead she has spent over a decade lying, buying utter guff and showing off on Twitter.
Sheā€™s too greedy and entitled to have any savings. It wonā€™t be long before she is genuinely suffering from the poverty she has claimed to have experienced.
Itā€™s ok. Sheā€™ll have all her wonderful tips and recipes to fall back onā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yeah I mean Iā€™ve said this before but after pretending to be able to do something for 10 years, wouldnā€™t you actually pick some skills up even accidentally? Thatā€™s partly how on the job training works after all. But with Jack, itā€™s like sheā€™s literally been putting a lot of proactive effort into NOT picking up any skills or knowledge along the way. Which, Iā€™m not a psychologist, but I think itā€™s quite revealing of her arrogant and lazy mindset.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Yeah I mean Iā€™ve said this before but after pretending to be able to do something for 10 years, wouldnā€™t you actually pick some skills up even accidentally? Thatā€™s partly how on the job training works after all. But with Jack, itā€™s like sheā€™s literally been putting a lot of proactive effort into NOT picking up any skills or knowledge along the way. Which, Iā€™m not a psychologist, but I think itā€™s quite revealing of her arrogant and lazy mindset.
Sheā€™s probably put more effort into not working than she has working.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.