Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know that you do not find Nicole Farhi coats in charity shops for 50p but even if we put that aside for one moment, the people who DO find great deals in charity shops have to spend a lot of time in order to do so. You can't just amble in and find something in your size on a one off - you need to keep going and looking, perhaps every lunch hour if you work and there's one local, or more often if you don't work. And we know that Jack doesn't have time to do that as she works 100 hours every week, so therefore, it can't be true.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
My daughter volunteers in a thrift shop and they are super strict about pricing. They google everything and as everyone has said they sell the super nice stuff separately. The one she works at is in a super fancy area of Dubai 📐 they get some mad designer stuff but nobody gets it for dirt cheap.

Reactions: 32
I have two go out on the first, and one go out on the 9th. Each payment is taken separately, so I have two hit my card on the 1st.
I only have 1 Patreon (not guset, obvs!) so do the two that go out on the 1st go as a single payment to Patreon or two separate ones?

I don't know why we are trying to make excuses for people who have clearly more money than sense if they are still subbed to her, but I would like to understand it. Forensic, innit.

Reactions: 24
Discord mithering... Firstly, despite claims she can track you from an IP, we all know she is pretty technologically inept. Espesh with WordPress!! So, somebody would have needed to set it up for her. Secondly, where would she have announced this Discord server without any Frau getting wind of it? Thirdly, do we believe the eejuts who are still subbed to her Patreon are the type to know what Discord is?!
Discord is really easy to set up, no harder than getting started on instagram or YouTube, which she’s proved herself capable of. She could have sent out personal invites to people she’s sure aren’t going to tattle to Tattle. I’m on a couple of discords, they’re full of middle aged people talking about books. I know discord has a reputation for being a young person/gaming platform, but it’s just a way of creating a discussion forum. Ive added a screenshot from discord to show how easy it is to set up your account.
1704621730990.jpeg

Reactions: 21
I found a very nice, very high end jumper in Oxfam on Bold Street a couple of years ago. I thought Mr Laz would love it, so bought it for him for £6.99. It was too big, as I initially thought it might be.
I returned it to the shop so someone else could have the benefit of it sold it on eBay for about £70

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
FRAUEN! Vlad's onto me 😱 Instagram just showed me this ad for a blatant Cotswold-cheapy-knockoff. Wonder if these do any trade in Southend?

View attachment 2672680
That would actually be really useful for me. I actually do collect furniture from the bins/side of the road, as I am skint, and reckon I can make this from something I already have. Ta for the inspiration!

On topic, my axes and saws are not interchangeable, unlike Jack's.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I only have 1 Patreon (not guset, obvs!) so do the two that go out on the 1st go as a single payment to Patreon or two separate ones?

I don't know why we are trying to make excuses for people who have clearly more money than sense if they are still subbed to her, but I would like to understand it. Forensic, innit.
They go as two separate ones.

Reactions: 10

Yel

It's an interesting theory she's set up a private group using any of the handful of big tech companies you can easily with a few clicks, but the consistent drop off of a couple of percent each month and the fact that no one has leaked it makes it unlikely.

If we still could see her numbers then at the current rate she'll be down to 200ish next Jan.

Reactions: 30
It's an interesting theory she's set up a private group using any of the handful of big tech companies you can easily with a few clicks, but the consistent drop off of a couple of percent each month and the fact that no one has leaked it makes it unlikely.

If we still could see her numbers then at the current rate she'll be down to 200ish next Jan.
And hopefully 200 at the lowest tier. Which won't even vaguely cover her (claimed) leccy bill. Blimey, she really will be turning one of her many Smegs off at this rate.

She could actually take over an empty shop/part of Choccy D's cafe, and open Junk and Disorderly to start clearing out her hoard of crap before she does really really have to move house.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
In Wiki page 2 is the stocktake of possessions seen in pics and their approximate cost

this is the Cotswold section of “Furniture”
View attachment 2669884
Every time I take s break from this thread and then come back I’m gobsmacked. How how how has she been so wasteful? I know its cause of ❄ but if I was her I would cry reading this list. A healthy house deposit down the drain☹

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I found a very nice, very high end jumper in Oxfam on Bold Street a couple of years ago. I thought Mr Laz would love it, so bought it for him for £6.99. It was too big, as I initially thought it might be.
I returned it to the shop so someone else could have the benefit of it sold it on eBay for about £70
I got a very expensive Marshall stack for almost nothing a couple of years ago from a reasonably famous Belgian guitarist... Well, it was from his wife who he'd just ditched for a younger model. I assumed he'd get in touch for it but after a year I shopped it for a different amp. Am I Jack?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
It's really astonishing to see how overgrown and messy that garden is. And every house / flat she's occupied has been turned into a hoarding nightmare.

It's not hard to see that those 20-hour days must've been mainly devoted to shopping, receiving parcels, re-arranging the house endlessly and fighting people online. Energy that could've gone into learning how to cook, earn a qualification, sort out finances, run a blog etc.

Really feel for all her various landlordladypersons and I'm ALWAYS on the side of the renters.

The neighbours must dislike her too. That part of the world looks very spick 'n span and I can imagine people keep a close eye on anyone who isn't similarly diligent about keeping their hedges trimmed and leaves swept up.
I did a year of no shopping this year and it taught me a lot about how much time I previously wasted on receiving, trying stuff on, packing back up and returning… as you say all time that could be better used elsewhere. It also helped me declutter my closet which has been amazing for my mental health.Less stuff means less to tidy, tidier house makes me happy. With the amount of “stuff” she has surrounding her she has no room to clear her mind and focus. It must feel insurmountable. I dont feel sorry for her , she’s a horrible dishonest person.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
And hopefully 200 at the lowest tier. Which won't even vaguely cover her (claimed) leccy bill. Blimey, she really will be turning one of her many Smegs off at this rate.

She could actually take over an empty shop/part of Choccy D's cafe, and open Junk and Disorderly to start clearing out her hoard of crap before she does really really have to move house.
I’ll keep an eye on eBay for when she has to flog her cheap, secondhand light bulbs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
There’s something keeping the Patreons subbed I’m sure and this would make a lot of sense.
If this is true then eventually one of them will slip up. Flying Monkeys fight to be the Narc's favourite. There will be infighting and whoever is seen to have got to the favoured top spot will start bragging outside of the CC.
You see it in in fan forums all the time.

Reactions: 26
I think it depends what charity shop and where, I like to pop in once or twice a week (and when I’m away for a few days), and I’ve found LV make up bags, a fendi purse, tons of Ralph Lauren, joules wellies brand new in the box, all for a few quid each. I live on the (extreme!) outskirts of a posh footballer area so it’s likely originally bought with premier league money 🤣 and I use it all to this day.

Never found anything in a puddle or been entrusted with an Emin sadly.

I see Simon Harris is latest to deactivate (hiding with guest from the HMRC?) 2024 really is the year of wising up to the grift.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think Guest got that jacket from a charity shop in the 1970s/80s which, to be fair, is where she gets most of her material from.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think Guest got that jacket from a charity shop in the 1970s/80s which, to be fair, is where she gets most of her material from.
You joke, but dream of returning to the charity shops of the 1980s. I was in my teens then and they were full of what I assume were old late parents/grandparents clothes donated after house clearances. That stuff was amazing, pre man made fibres, properly tailored and well looked after, we will never see the like again. <sighs deeply and mutters something about jumpers for goalposts while staring off into the middle distance>.

That jacket does look quite 80s so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was second hand, I just don’t believe it was 50p.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Charity shops can be amazing. I also don't believe guest ever found a whole rack of Viv RIP in her perfect size....

when my grandmother died she had two amazing fur coats that she'd had for decades that we sent to the charity shop. They were gorgeous but none of us in the family were prepared to wear them, as this was the time when PETA was splashing paint on people wearing fur and it generally gave us the ick. I'm quite conflicted about vintage fur, as the original act of cruelty is long past and it seems like an even bigger waste of animal life and disrespect to throw it away and never wear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.