Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here.

As a former poster on the old Guardian Unlimited Talk site, we side-eyed all those "Look who we found in X doing Y" types the Guardian would promote as, time and again, they'd turn out to have the right background and connections or why else would a national newspaper give a duck about them?

The thing is though, usually said "Right sorts" would use their leg up to get on with their career and head off in whichever direction they so chose. Only guest seems to retreading and retelling the same old same old all this time. That's bone-idle laziness coupled with zero talent for you.
Omg, fellow former GU frau here!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
All these dangling accoutrements are perfect examples of her Busyworking. It's "Look at meeee, I have to have all this stuff to hand as I'm working 200 hour weeks creating" whereas, we all know they are all just there for show/gathering dust.

Just all performative.
Contrast with Nigel Slaters home. It doesn’t have to be a tip does jt? Whenever I see these photos of all that junk I feel really uncomfortable for her. Definitely got a hoarding problem.

Reactions: 32
Same here.

As a former poster on the old Guardian Unlimited Talk site, we side-eyed all those "Look who we found in X doing Y" types the Guardian would promote as, time and again, they'd turn out to have the right background and connections or why else would a national newspaper give a duck about them?

The thing is though, usually said "Right sorts" would use their leg up to get on with their career and head off in whichever direction they so chose. Only guest seems to retreading and retelling the same old same old all this time. That's bone-idle laziness coupled with zero talent for you.
Max Gogarty says hello

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Barbara Rich is talking about Simon Harris here, and his endorsements by people like Carol Vorderman, but I'm sure she is also referring to guest/Nigella.
'Reputation laundering' - spot on.

Screenshot_20240106_005211.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 80
A few years I started really thinking about every single item I buy, I’ve saved thousands. I wasted so much money and space buying stuff because it was cheap. I now go to the big charity place once a month with a bag of stuff and my house is still full!
Prince Lumpy talks about moving so we’d have more storage but that’s my worst nightmare, I want less stuff!
Same !! We are having our kitchen done at the moment and I’m determined to make sure I get rid of everything we don’t need when we move it all back in. That’s why I’m swooning over Nigel Slaters home at the moment. That’s the calm I want too.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The other thing with the jacket - even IF the jacket was put out for sale at 99p, it would have been snapped up quickly. It wouldn't have been hanging around for weeks to the point they reduce it. That only happens with the old toot that won't shift, and is a last resort before it goes to the rag bin.

Reactions: 60
The first thing I do when I buy clothing from the charity shop is take the tag off and wash it. There's no way that would have been hanging about in her wardrobe with the 50p tag still on it until the day she decided to wear it.

Reactions: 33
Same here.

mithering on this because it’s the problem with every institution in Britain.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Now granted she doesn't live in Southend but I have a friend who writes about fashion for various glossies and is very big on zero-waste, sustainability, etc. so buys most of her clothes second-hand. She goes around a lot of charity shops that sell designer/other high quality in stuff (some in Essex) and they're still pretty expensive, just not as much as they would be new. Not 50p for sure!

Reactions: 41
Max Gogarty says hello
Oh man, I will never forget that! :ROFLMAO: I did feel bad for him for about 5 minutes. Just googled him and what a massive shocker he works at the BBC now. It's such a cliche. The number of journalists and presenters who say "oh gosh I never meant to work in tv/journalism it just happened shortly after I graduated from Oxbridge" in interviews who just so happen to also be middle class and have the right look/background/connections/parent in media and won't admit that any of that helped them get to where they are. (Claudia Winkleman, I love you, but really. You didn't just accidentally end up on the telly).

So Jack did well to get her coupon on TV at all, because she didn't actually have those connections initially. But she really was given massive opportunity after massive opportunity once they discovered she ticked all the right boxes at that moment. What a shame she couldn't use it for an actual career.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh man, I will never forget that! :ROFLMAO: I did feel bad for him for about 5 minutes. Just googled him and what a massive shocker he works at the BBC now. It's such a cliche. The number of journalists and presenters who say "oh gosh I never meant to work in tv/journalism it just happened shortly after I graduated from Oxbridge" in interviews who just so happen to also be middle class and have the right look/background/connections/parent in media and won't admit that any of that helped them get to where they are. (Claudia Winkleman, I love you, but really. You didn't just accidentally end up on the telly).

So Jack did well to get her coupon on TV at all, because she didn't actually have those connections initially. But she really was given massive opportunity after massive opportunity once they discovered she ticked all the right boxes at that moment. What a shame she couldn't use it for an actual career.
its even in the music and sports industries now… a large part of the reason I left the UK. A working class northerner with a scouse accent has 0 chance of achieving anything remotely interesting. Got passed over one time too many for some chinless Henry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
its even in the music and sports industries now… a large part of the reason I left the UK. A working class northerner with a scouse accent has 0 chance of achieving anything remotely interesting. Got passed over one time to many for some chinless Henry.
Yeah, it's standard in media, law and politics, but at least in music and sport the playing fields used to be more level (to use a chinless Henry expression haha). Which is why it's so disappointing that someone who actually made it across that gap turns out to be a massive liar and grifter. Is that what it takes to actually make it into their club? It's sad.

Reactions: 36
I noticed in this pic View attachment 2671720
that she did get the drawer knobs discussed here - the blue ones that is
View attachment 2671729
View attachment 2671722

and it turns out they are £6.50 EACH on Amazon. And that doesn't look like they're for the kids bedroom like she was pretending they were

View attachment 2671732

my point being that all the little stuff adds up fast.

And why would you pretend to do the quarter hack to save 12p a week and also spend £6.50 on each drawer knob
Why
That’s what finally tipped everyone over the edge in Autumn 2022 when @WhyYouCry? posted guest’s latest vacuous insta story and everyone began triangulating her ludicrous knob (NOT cock) drawer.

OG fraus had done an amazing job of 🔺her ludicrously priced/ridiculous volume of possessions before, but that 2022 knob drawer led to much enthusiastic/increasingly incredulous 🔺of her possessions and @That Forensic Man’s FORENSIC documentation of the £150,000+ stocktake (which is just the tip of the iceberg, no doubt) we see in the wiki today.
IMG_2170.jpeg

Tallying started here with multiple fraus contributing
IMG_2171.jpeg

Original post here

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Barbara Rich is talking about Simon Harris here, and his endorsements by people like Carol Vorderman, but I'm sure she is also referring to guest/Nigella.
'Reputation laundering' - spot on.

View attachment 2671888
And/or St Carly of the Salt and Gary Linkener, or James Anderson/Depher and Hugh Grant.

These people are rich not just because of their hard work but because of the little people who ’like’ them on the basis of their cultivation of very carefully curated public images. That means they bear some responsibility for doing due diligence. Reputation laundering is a very good term.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That’s what finally tipped everyone over the edge in Autumn 2022 when @WhyYouCry? posted guest’s latest vacuous insta story and everyone began triangulating her ludicrous knob (NOT cock) drawer.

OG fraus had done an amazing job of 🔺her ludicrously priced/ridiculous volume of possessions before, but that 2022 knob drawer led to much enthusiastic/increasingly incredulous 🔺of her possessions and @That Forensic Man’s FORENSIC documentation of the £150,000+ stocktake (which is just the tip of the iceberg, no doubt) we see in the wiki today.
View attachment 2671905
Tallying started here with multiple fraus contributing View attachment 2671913
Original post here
A browse through that thread: guest was posting about making her own bubble bath in the slow cooker and we got this absolutely deranged expression

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
The amount of money she has wasted on total crap is staggering. And she had the cheek to rattle her tip jar every time she played at being a povo. I’m fuming.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

View attachment 2671905
Tallying started here with multiple fraus contributing View attachment 2671913
Original post here
Wow.

That's an amazing bit of canal institutional memory, thank you @Valiofthedolls.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Also, also, why the hell would you make your own bubble bath in a slow cooker?!? You can pick up own brand bubble bath in Asda for a quid. What a tosser.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.