Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"oh I really really am" ( having a tit time). Oh duck off. I remember the legendary Ally Ross comparing a contestant on Love Island who got the boot (" Just devastated. I don't know how I'll get through it. The worst time of my life"), to the words of an elderly man who had been at Dunkirk during ww2 :( "well, it was a bit of a rum do").
That’s what I love about the Brits of that generation - the tendency for heroic understatement.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I forgot to write a post earlier, I was so mad! This tit trick she has pulled today has been done to me previously, I answered someone's cry for support on fb and ended up being interrogated by said person about my experience in that situation. Later transpired that it was all for their own fictional story 😡 I still occasionally see her on fb going on about it and there's nothing I can do.
Jack has duck all wrong with her. The poster who said about statement analysis @ShowMeYourFeline , I've been taught a bit of it myself but it gets a bit exhausting when Jack comes out with so many different stories. Needless to say I do suspect most of what she says is purely for attention.

Also this same person then accused me of making up parts of what happened to me, it was quite bizarre.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
If she doesn't want to go back on benefits, perhaps she should... You know do that thing... And get a relatively secure job?? Maybe??

I find her saying she wouldn't work because she wanted to spend time with her kids very privileged. My sister works very hard in education ( she good at her job, super busy, not jack busy.... But still) yet she would love to not have to work and miss out on her kids,. But I'm order for her to buy... Yes buy her own house, she has to work

Reactions: 25
Honestly sat here catching up just shaking my head in shock, what a load of bollocks this whole thing is.

She's spent money like mad this lockdown, how has it come to this? Dog whistling (not sure if that's the right use of the word?) about poverty & universal credit on Twitter after she's been bought a Smeg & gone on holiday? Is she maaaaad??

Reactions: 38
She's fucked them all off with her constant woe is me moaning. They probably have problems too, what support has she offered them?
100%. Nothing as bad as an emotionally draining friend who is nowhere to be seen when things are good. She's also a pathological liar so that can't go down well.

Reactions: 26
If she was in that much financial trouble she’d apply for benefits anyway surely? Nobody wants to be on them or go back to them if you haven’t needed to for a while but sometimes needs must.
Or is it because she actually earns too much to be entitled to anything 🤔

Now she's acting like she's gonna be back on the benefits soon and how traumatic it could be for her? It's truly laughable
yes and I actually find it really odious that she’s saying she can’t go back on benefits because it would be too traumatic after her previous experience. Jack you’re lucky to live in a country with a functioning (if threadbare in places) welfare system. it’s there for people who need it. Turning your nose up is not a good look if you’re as desperate as you say.

you say you’re desperate for money and you’re asking twitter for advice. Twitter is giving you advice. You don’t want to go on benefits because it would be too traumatic. You don’t want to move because it would be too traumatic. You don’t want to get a lodger because it would be too traumatic. Every suggestion made in good faith gets knocked back. This is weird because beggars tend not to be choosers. It’s almost as if she’s not really looking for advice but has a specific solution in mind which she’s trying to nudge her followers towards. Could it...could it be...cash donations? Surely not!!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
If she was in that much financial trouble she’d apply for benefits anyway surely? Nobody wants to be on them or go back to them if you haven’t needed to for a while but sometimes needs must.
LOL she'd be laughed out the benefits office AND RIGHTFULLY SO!

Can’t get benefits if you’ve got over £16k in the bank savings, I believe

• Wow
Reactions: 24
She’s saying she can’t go back on benefits because it would be too traumatic
How stuck-up. She sounds like Edina from Absolutely Fabulous when she had to go to a supermarket for food and not Harrods' Food Halls!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
ice cream, covered in ice lolly strawberry outside, vanilla inside

🙄 stuffed the quote, in response to the what’s a mivvi question

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
i can see her at the DHSS ten years ago. OH PWEASE GIVE ME SOME MONEY I'VE EVEN HAD TO SELL MY SEAMASTER WATCH

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'd say she's unbelievable, but we all expected this.

So Jack, you don't get to buy Smeg fridge freezers, multiple Cotswolds sideboards, have fun weekend trips on the sleeper train, in a lovely apartment in an expensive area, say you can reliably afford any vet bills for a disabled animal, and had thought long and hard about this before taking it on... and then a few weeks later come out with the begging bowl. You don't get to do this without being called out on it. Some people in this country are in real dire straits, if you need a more reliable income, you have to swallow your pride and look for a job.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.