Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was there going to be a screenplay about Jack’s life then? I think I saw an earlier post about it? Does anyone know any details or why it got dropped?
Ahem.. fact checkers ..ahem

they probably got to the first sentence and took an unironic match to it

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She always writes as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown but she doesn’t fold or crumble , she’s fine.

She’s an ultra manipulative woman who gives not one tit about anyone else.
100% agree. She is hard - and not interested in hearing about anybody else. Nasty person.

Reactions: 18
I get the feeling Jack doesn't really like poor people. Like, maybe they're a bit... Common?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Anyone who donates to her is stupid. Plain old stupid, if they care enough to donate they surely must have seen her swanning around Edinburgh, skooshing lavender sleep spray from the sleeper train and handing our melamine forks (other reusable materials are available)for her Bolorneaise. She’s NOT poor!!!!
Oh, I don't know - I'm not sure it's right to blame her followers (many of them new) for swallowing her crap. Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated with them too, but it's entirely her fault for constantly and consciously misleading them.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I see from an earlier post that Lily Allen was suggested to play the part of Jack. Anybody got any other suggestions because i am sure Jack would have Meryl Streep in mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She always writes as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown but she doesn’t fold or crumble , she’s fine.

She’s an ultra manipulative woman who gives not one tit about anyone else.
Yeah, she does. Her writing has a very wobbly-lipped quality to it.

I notice she's mentioned her Autism again.
For someone who is (apparently) Autistic and (apparently) bad at feelings, she seems to be very skilled at manipulating other people's.

Eta - I'm not qualified to speak on behalf of everyone who has ASD, but I really dislike her exploiting the perception that we are rigid and don't have emotions.

Reactions: 35
I see from an earlier post that Lily Allen was suggested to play the part of Jack. Anybody got any other suggestions because i am sure Jack would have Meryl Streep in mind.
Emily Hampshire's character in 12 Monkeys is exactly how I imagine Jack when she's doing a chaos.

Reactions: 4
Calling it a night, find following her antics so utterly draining and exhausting. Bed and book for me. Wonder how many pages / threads I’ll have to catch up on tomorrow morning?!

night fraus x

Reactions: 11
What happened to this masterpiece we've been waiting for?

Beethoven's 'Fifth'....................... Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'.................and................. Monroe's 'Potatoes'?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Has she deleted the tweet about all her wonderful and Emin-giving friends deserting her in times of need? Can't find it. Was thinking it's a littttle close to home for her to be bullshitting about. If she doesn't knock all this on the head soon she really will have nothing and nobody left. Maybe this is sort of stuff is the most lucrative for her though?

• Wow
@no-no your username makes me laugh! I have a dear ( heart) friend who refers to bald men as having " no-no'd" their heads. Sweet!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just really hope she has been using her latest book to help her on these bad days anyway, I'm 100% sure she's not just been living off noodles and toast.

Reactions: 7
Oh god, it's such a relief to say this but I got a huge sense of bullshit all the way back to "Hunger Hurts". It just didn't add up at all and was so badly written and overwrought it actually made me laugh. And I thought I was being a heartless cow but I really wasn't - it was because I have some knowledge of the kind of experience Jack was inventing describing that it rang so false. I'm not happy I was proven to be right because the whole sorry circus has taken attention away from the real issues of food poverty and austerity that Jack pretended to care about. It just reminded me that my bullshit detector is working well and to keep trusting it.

The latest tweets are actually surreal, it's like she assumes people have memories like goldfish. I can't see how the blue tickers can keep onside now, it's getting embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I just really hope she has been using her latest book to help her on these bad days anyway, I'm 100% sure she's not just been living off noodles and toast.
Yes, this!!! She wrote a blimmin book about ...good food for bad days.....take your own advice, Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I have been having some random stomach pains in the last few weeks and I’ve actually been feeling like if it was something like cancer, would it be the end of the world? I get a bit of attention and if they can’t cure it then well I’m not sure I want to live anyway because I’m so fed up of feeling tit.

It’s almost like an expectation as well. I’m genuinely not full of self-pity when I say I’ve had more than my fair share of tough times, and I’m waiting for the next game-changer.

I’m embarrassed at feeling like this.

big hugs (manly, back slapping, pithy one-liner inducing ones of course) to you @LennyBriscoe 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Jack Monroe #57: House brimming with sideboards, and even a Smeg, still she is not too proud to beg.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.