Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t get benefits if you’ve got over £16k in the bank savings, I believe
Also cos she has been spending money like it's going out of fashion, that wouldn't go too well either. It's not that she's short of money, it's for something else (that much longed for house of her own).

Reactions: 13
I love Dead Ringers. Especially Bad Boris and DIIIIIIIIIIANNNNNE ABBBOTTTTTT!
I love the pause before each time he says Diane Abbott, you know exactly what's coming up but it's still funny every single time

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Fraus....I am grunka-ing and lunka-ing but as I go through I just want to say I am heartbroken by all your stories here but also awash with admiration for you all, how kind you are to each other, how supportive you are and how you have all pulled through and carried on.....I found myself very triggered in the last couple of days...everytime I think back to my situation it brings a sensation of bile rising up to my mouth and one particular narrative of St Jackie made me want to hurl my phone at the wall instead of nodding along blindly thinking she too had suffered something similar...anyway I digress...but like others I came here to see what terrible people you were after her woeful bemoaning that you were out to destroy her with terrible lies and spite....I read through ready to challenge any one of you but what I found was a warm community of people who had a great laugh... offered much sensible scepticism, actually opened my eyes (and made me say Holy duck ...a lot) and above all cared about not only everyone here but people they'd never met being sucked in and ripped off and in some cases even about Jack herself.....tonight's latest feat really does take some believing....god knows what the next ten pages hold....

As an aside Lily Allen would play Jack....I think she was originally in line for the TV screenplay that got dropped

Her book will be shameful drivel about a down and out chef....left by a string of rich fiances, struggling to make it on her own until she becomes a detective and saves the world singlehandedly

She may yet release an album/move to France and channel her inner Celine

Hold out hope for the fans....more appear here everyday....this latest meltdown will be her undoing if she doesn't reign it in/get an intervention.

And finally if she's not courting a new love interest/showing L what she is missing I reckon she might actually be going for a mag cover/photo shoot with the pics!!

Right enough sentimental rubbish...I might start sounding like Jack! Off to grunka again!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
On Mumsnet there are always trolley beggars, have £6.17 to last for six weeks or whatever. Everything suggested they have either tried, or is impossible for various reasons. Because all they want is free money from strangers.

Remind you of anyone?
Yes-this exactly. Is it just me or are others actually feeling sick that only two days ago she was raging about people living in crappy tower blocks with broken lifts & having a go at Barbara who dared to answer how she might live on £3 a day-and now she’s basically expecting others to fund her (extravagant) lifestyle-not talking those (frankly kind but bleeping stupid) twitter people into giving money to really needy causes like those PEOPLE IN THE TOWER BLOCK YOU WERE RAGING ABOUT 48 HOURS AGO??
Seriously, how do people not see that pinned tweet, her boasts about the ivy & being a bestselling author & put 2+2 together?
The world doesn’t owe you anything Jack. Parasite. You’re taking money from gullible morons when you know full well that there are people in way more need than you are or have ever been.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
Next thread title
Twitter says...
Get a job. Get a job.... Get a job

Reactions: 19
Fraus....I am grunka-ing and lunka-ing but as I go through I just want to say I am heartbroken by all your stories here but also awash with admiration for you all, how kind you are to each other, how supportive you are and how you have all pulled through and carried on.....I found myself very triggered in the last couple of days...everytime I think back to my situation it brings a sensation of bile rising up to my mouth and one particular narrative of St Jackie made me want to hurl my phone at the wall instead of nodding along blindly thinking she too had suffered something similar...anyway I digress...but like others I came here to see what terrible people you were after her woeful bemoaning that you were out to destroy her with terrible lies and spite....I read through ready to challenge any one of you but what I found was a warm community of people who had a great laugh... offered much sensible scepticism, actually opened my eyes (and made me say Holy duck ...a lot) and above all cared about not only everyone here but people they'd never met being sucked in and ripped off and in some cases even about Jack herself.....tonight's latest feat really does take some believing....god knows what the next ten pages hold....

As an aside Lily Allen would play Jack....I think she was originally in line for the TV screenplay that got dropped

Her book will be shameful drivel about a down and out chef....left by a string of rich fiances, struggling to make it on her own until she becomes a detective and saves the world singlehandedly

She may yet release an album/move to France and channel her inner Celine

Hold out hope for the fans....more appear here everyday....this latest meltdown will be her undoing if she doesn't reign it in/get an intervention.

And finally if she's not courting a new love interest/showing L what she is missing I reckon she might actually be going for a mag cover/photo shoot with the pics!!

Right enough sentimental rubbish...I might start sounding like Jack! Off to grunka again!
Speaking of which, where is @GrunkaLunka ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Was there going to be a screenplay about Jack’s life then? I think I saw an earlier post about it? Does anyone know any details or why it got dropped?

Reactions: 5
Chiming in late to add to the 'Ian Rankin is lovely' chorus. I've met him a couple of times, he absolutely made my day when he confessed that Jilly Cooper's Rivals is one of his favourite books and he re-reads it about once a year, because it's one of mine too. He has a house in Cromarty, on the Black Isle, where he does a lot of his writing and as soon as the chair of the local literary group found out he was moving in, she promptly set up a Crime and Thrillers weekend literary festival and told him he was the star guest. Bless him, he duly turns up to it every year.
Rivals is my absolute comfort book. I bleeping love it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
She's saying how she's been broken and unable to function for months...yet in Edinburgh she was reborn and galavanting around Dishoom and Five Guys. Something is rotten in the state of Monroe.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She always writes as if she’s on the verge of a breakdown but she doesn’t fold or crumble , she’s fine.

She’s an ultra manipulative woman who gives not one tit about anyone else.

Reactions: 40
Another book ( possibly) by Jack but originally by Agatha Christie was "Wanker(s) on a Train". Oh the possibilities are endless. "Scone Girl"....( One for the Still Game fans). I can't wait for her crime book!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Grunka is probably doing what they do best. These threads move fast.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Jack wiping her tears tonight after reading such heart warming tweets from her deluded followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She really needs to give over. Lots of people are on benefits and no, it's not exactly a laugh a minute but it's not the end of the world either.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi Fraus, I’ve been BUSY, have I missed much? Wa ha ha... joking! duck me I’ve been catching up and just when you think she can’t go any lower, she does! Anyone who donates to her is stupid. Plain old stupid, if they care enough to donate they surely must have seen her swanning around Edinburgh, skooshing lavender sleep spray from the sleeper train and handing our melamine forks (other reusable materials are available)for her Bolorneaise. She’s NOT poor!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.