Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @acca00 for the thread title! 57 reactions at last count. Apologies, had to change slightly as I couldn’t do strike through in the title.

I, Daniel Blake Jack Monroe

Recap of thread #55

She’s ba-ack.

Jack Monroe has had her finger on all the triggers, and all of them bad. She has edited her sack of potatoes blog post about poverty and it is now called something even more awful.

The cabal discussed her history of being a healer and a pastor and a PROPHET at Christian festival, Greenbelt. She hearrrrrd that voice from within, and she took that power and she struck out poverty from their very bodddddy. Peace, pray peace for me.

She put the notion of her reading the Potatoes poverty blog ‘as a video thing’ to a vote. Strong YES so far from the Jack-o-lanterns. Peace, pray peace for me.

Finally, sun’s out, tits out. The crowd applauded, she cooked some fish fingers and rice, and she milked that red bikini some more.

She has properly returned to Twitter, because she likes [attention] all too much. She just can’t quit you, Twitter.

Now, duck off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Congratulations to @acca00 for the thread title! 57 reactions at lascount. Apologies, had to change slightly as I couldn’t do strike through in the title.

I, Daniel Blake Jack Monroe

Recap of thread #55

She’s ba-ack.

Jack Monroe has had her finger on all the triggers, and all of them bad. She has edited her sack of potatoes blog post about poverty and it is now called something even more awful.

The cabal discussed her history of being a healer and a pastor and a PROPHET at Christian festival, Greenbelt. She hearrrrrd that voice from within, and she took that power and she struck out poverty from their very bodddddy. Peace, pray peace for me.

She put the notion of her reading the Potatoes poverty blog ‘as a video thing’ to a vote. Strong YES so far from the Jack-o-lanterns. Peace, pray peace for me.

Finally, sun’s out, tits out. The crowd applauded, she cooked some fish fingers and rice, and she milked that red bikini some more.

She has properly returned to Twitter, because she likes [attention] all too much. She just can’t quit you, Twitter.

Now, duck off.
Brilliant recap as always @Pocahontas. The Jack-o-lanterns I hooted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Back to her tweet to Ian Rankin, why would you call a fellow professional mate? You say something like that down the pub, not to a fellow

• Sad
Reactions: 24
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no. 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL): Threads 2-9

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. *She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts)*

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Also:

• She grew up in a 5 bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words, ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.

@Bookweevil, please add your amazing Glossary of Jack!

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’ve had a bit of a peruse at her Twitter replies, the Jack-o-lanterns are actually off their Jack-o-lanterns. Does she hypnotise them or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Back to her tweet to Ian Rankin, why would you call a fellow professional mate? You say something like that down the pub, not to a fellow
Had she ever met him in order to call him 'mate'? She wants to be in the with the literary, artsy set not the genuinely impoverished.

Reactions: 16
I returned to Twitter after 6 hours of life living and duck me she's back. My guess is she took that titalicious bikini photo and she couldn't resist showing everyone how "hot" :rolleyes: she looks. Good that her Patreons can see the lovely lips they bought her.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I returned to Twitter after 6 hours of life living and duck me she's back. My guess is she took that titalicious bikini photo and she couldn't resist showing everyone how "hot" :rolleyes: she looks. Good that her Patreons can see the lovely lips they bought her.
Yes that photo/angle really shows them off

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Right... I have been following this for about 5 weeks now. I am lunka'd right up. New member...
I don't want to triangulate myself, but these threads have been an eye opener to my own twitter usage and everything that comes with it, my job meant I have been stalked by a person VERY much like Munroe, wants to be everything in the media, DOES NOTHING, talks about how self important they are, a trail of stories behind them - and to the point I spoke up against it, just once, and they sent me a legal letter to try shut me down from defending myself - Fraus, I am here with you. You might have even shared one of my tweets pre-kitten when I finally caught onto this forum...

When people say "why doesn't this journalist do this?" "why doesn't this family do this?" "why doesn't this online friend do this?" - guys, it is impossible, I have been all 3, I have ended up privately harassed in doing so - I am getting a lot of solice and help from reading these forums like the back channel twitter once was, it isn't a back channel now, it is a narcissist paradise...

• Heart
Reactions: 76
@Bookweevil ’s masterpiece of a recap is post #734. Hopefully someone with better skilllzzz than me can do a clicky click linky.

Also the other day Jack, in her wonderful way, replied to a tweet with her usual charm and ended it with ‘Now duck off’. We’re not actually telling each other to duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Is she just going to keep referring to Potatoes as though it’s just known by that now, just one word and the world knows, like Madonna? 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I wonder it she's already filmed Potatoes: The Monologue and this is her building hype for it. Much like the kitten video was clearly something she'd put a lot of work into but built up the day she released it.

Reactions: 28
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.