Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i reckon we're going to get the dreaded ~video essay~ shortly.
That frigging ode to potatoes makes me think of Adrian Mole even more. He actually did become a tv chef at one point, cooking offal. And went on holiday by mistake to Russia so probably could have written ‘potatoes’. ‘Do you weep, Ms Rees-Mogg? Do you weep?’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I have just caught up (again) and this evenings behaviour from Jackie has been nothing but disgusting. There are people today who can not feed their children, who are in the place she was 10 years ago, yet she ignores them. She never speaks of them. Never gets her supporters to contribute to charities to help them. Never gives them a second though. She wants them to give her their money rather than those who are really struggling. She is lower than a snakes belly.

The only thing that gives me any comfort is knowing that nothing that she does, no amount of money she receives, no amount of furniture she buys, no amount of luxury goods she acquires, will ever lead to her happiness. She is so full of hate and anger she has poisoned herself, and will poison any relationship she may have in the future.

I should feel bad for thinking that way, but she has no thought for anyone else, and is such a manipulative person, I do not feel bad. Does that make me a bad person?

New thread title suggestion #57 Nothing she does will ever make her happy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
OHMYGOD I am listening to that desert island dishes podcast. Three minutes in - and I quote - "I've got an award shelf in my hallway that, they're just there, really, because they were overtaking the house."

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
That frigging ode to potatoes makes me think of Adrian Mole even more. He actually did become a tv chef at one point, cooking offal. And went on holiday by mistake to Russia so probably could have written ‘potatoes’. ‘Do you weep, Ms Rees-Mogg? Do you weep?’
Brilliant!!! Also:

Louisa!
I adore ya.
I implore ye
Don’t ignore me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
How can she have burned out. Apparently she can sleep when she likes? Hasnt properly worked/ done a cooking show in weeks? Writing A 1000 word essay is hardly work it's not even a small uni assignment.
Even easier and quicker when you've been using copy and paste on the same essay since 2014.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
What's better than all the gold awards she's won, says Jack, are the "folders and folders and folders" she has, containing letters of gratitude.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
The thing about Jack is that she gives the impression of someone who is unravelling mentally or who is on the verge of a big implosion. When in actual fact I suspect she’s just fine. In my experience, the most melodramatic people, the ones having constant noisy crises, are usually absolutely fine, they just want attention. It’s the quiet ones, the ones who appear to be coping, that you really have to worry about.

Jack will cosplay crisis after crisis until she gets enough money to buy herself a house. Then she’ll swan off, or find a new project.

the only other alternative is that she gets found out in public in some very dramatic way. But she’s very clever and subtle so I don’t think that will happen.

I would also venture that a lot of her manipulations are so subtle and cunning as to function almost as microagressions that, in the main, only women pick up on (and some men but not many). I think men tend to take her more at face value, as the manic gorgeous pixie girl / diamond in the rough character. The blue tickers who interact with her are mainly guys and it’s still mainly guys who commission TV and her (dwindling) mainstream media opinion pieces. I reckon most women in the industry have seen through her.

the Regina George vibes are strong with this one.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
If Jack Monroe has read 40 books in 2 months, I’ll eat my straw hat.

Hello @Bookweevil, do you have access to Twitter? There seems to be a kind message from an interplanetary body for your attention 🪐

How does she have the time?
Maybe she counts each thread as a book?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Also hasn't she just been away on holiday.
I've burned out twice in my life, it's not nice... But I was literally working around the clock doing uni college work and working in very busy stressful job.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why are people on Twitter so bleeping stupid? Can't they see Jack is manipulating them and laughing?!?!

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.