Jack Monroe #553 Fairytale of No Pork

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Over 20 years ago i volunteered at a student telephone counselling service which wasn't very busy to be honest and we spent an awful lot of time dealing with a person who was known as the regular caller. They weren't a student but would call up of an evening for a loooooooong rambling chat about all their issues. They had a lot of problems and were on powerful medication.

That LBC guest phone segment sounded exactly like this regular caller.
1978 truther? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How can anyone cook on telly with nails like this? It’s just revolting 🤮

21DF478F-BA9F-471A-929E-ED13460BCB14.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Within the last few days I read an article that quoted a couple of outgoing chairs of literary festivals (IIRC the Celery Town chair was one of them). All of them warned that the current festival model is not sustainable - rising costs, logistics, fewer sponsors with deep pockets, etc.

I couldn't help but think while reading this that doing proper due diligence on potential speakers, and not inviting liars and grifters, would also be a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
What did she use to cook those sausages?! A heated argument?!

1702240326772.png

---
Again courtesy of @Yel here at the link, the making of the pear meat-brick “cake” (aka per @Sideboard Bob The world‘s first ever cake with a USB socket). View attachment 2621846
View attachment 2621885View attachment 2621867View attachment 2621864View attachment 2621901Thst USB port is because the daft twit can’t work a blender properly!
She looks so bleeping grubby here in this vid. 🤢
ETA
From May 2022. She had form for bollock sausage “risotto” long before she started slinging sausage fat and water at air fryers for Curry’s. She was GRAVELY ILL (again). As was everyone else once they clocked this felony against foodstuffs.
View attachment 2621848View attachment 2621849Ss @heretoreaditall2019
Felony against foodstuffs thread title nom, if you please

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Those sausages look like what happens to your arms when you go sleeveless and coatless for your works Christmas do.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Our old friends, the bollock sausages 🥰. Just need Brenda’s Bangers and my joy will be complete.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It’s the combination of lies and misrepresentation, incompetence and yet smug self-satisfaction at her own “cleverness”, taking up space undeservedly, the really weird laughter at inappropriate points, the “ooh aren’t I naughty and daring because I took a pop at people who buy £7.50 ready meals” cringefest and the enabling bullshit from JO’B who should be thoroughly ashamed. That’s ignoring the sound of her grindingly nasal slurping, slavering voice.
JO'B is a quite capable of tearing people to shreds when he disagrees with their stance. Yet when he gets to talk to someone on his side, he'll let slide a load of incoherent drivel from someone who can't even be arsed to get themselves in a fit state to be interviewed. Can you imagine if a Tory backbencher had been on air behaving like that, saying the povs had never had it so good? He'd be highly skeptical of any 'statistics' they plucked from their arse.

I've noticed that attention-seeking weirdos in my life get away with bullshitting because they are 'thinking of others' when hamming up their experiences (or outright lying) to raise awareness of something they claim to be a victim of. They start from a reasonable point of view- nobody wants people to starve, face discrimination or whatever- so if you spot a major flaw in their story you're the hole for pointing it out. It's construed as 'evidence' that people who experience [some form of oppression] are not believed...

A friend of mine no longer speaks to her sister because of the nonsense she posts online. Apparently, the posts always start with 'raising awareness' of some 'issue', yet the posts soon divert onto her favourite topic: herself. My friend can't abide seeing all the attention her sister gets online with her outrageous lies. My friend is convinced that her sister only posts about various social issues or illnesses as a conduit to making the bullshit believable.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
JO'B is a quite capable of tearing people to shreds when he disagrees with their stance. Yet when he gets to talk to someone on his side, he'll let slide a load of incoherent drivel from someone who can't even be arsed to get themselves in a fit state to be interviewed. Can you imagine if a Tory backbencher had been on air behaving like that, saying the povs had never had it so good? He'd be highly skeptical of any 'statistics' they plucked from their arse.
It was pitiful from someone who considers themselves a serious analytical journalist/interviewer.

Reactions: 22
All of your food is brown
And your skin is grey
I've been for a walk (ouch my shoulder hurts)
Up to Asda today (on a winter's day)
I'd be safe and warm (with my solar lights)
If I wasn't in a RENTAL (with more than minimum wage)
Shoeburyness dreamin' (stories nobody's believin')
On such a winter's dayyy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This review of JOB’s new book came up on my Twitter and made me laugh. He’s a plonker
9F8D1FCA-FCA3-4C34-A404-42BCA0B5B0A1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Our old friends, the bollock sausages 🥰. Just need Brenda’s Bangers and my joy will be complete.
IMG_9785.jpeg
IMG_9784.jpeg
Bangers by Brenda, ss from @Montrachet and @Silver Linings
Chaos starts here

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
View attachment 2622649View attachment 2622650Bangers by Brenda, ss from @Montrachet and @Silver Linings
Chaos starts here
that poor child

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Still reading thread 315, from a time when guest was at her smuggest and most belligerent. Colour my gob 100% smacked at these, courtesy of @panda_eyes

😮

1653912382298.png

Trying to picture Natalie Portman slurring her words with a cleaver in one hand, a raw chicken in her other hand and her back to the camera in a poverty jumper on live TV. Eamonn Holmes could be played by that guy from Line of Duty. Lorraine Kelly could be played by herself

1653912426162.png

Physics equations= more words guest does not understand

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
View attachment 2622649View attachment 2622650Bangers by Brenda, ss from @Montrachet and @Silver Linings
Chaos starts here
Dear God. At first glance I thought they were spring rolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.