Jack Monroe #296 Over cooked, under cooked, pumbling free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her other half must really really like her. That's all I can say,

Because if my OH when we were dating invited me around for terrible food, lights out by ten and listening to podcasts on the regular and for them to spend alot of time and get increasingly wound up on twitter. I don't think I would still be here a decade later.
(They never last that long)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I get the impression Jack's money woes are more to do with the fact she treats every payday as a mini christmas, splurging on nice things and letting the good times roll. The kind of person who doesn't realise if you have £1000 in the bank it doesn't mean you can afford a £1000 watch.

She would definitely be rattling the tip jar more as a homeowner. There is always some random problem you never had before suddenly rearing it's head demanding hundreds of pounds to repair.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Her other half must really really like her. That's all I can say,

Because if my OH when we were dating invited me around for terrible food, lights out by ten and listening to podcasts on the regular and for them to spend alot of time and get increasingly wound up on twitter. I don't think I would still be here a decade later.
I know, can you imagine getting a text at 4pm, come over babe, I’m in bed 😈. Then being greeted with the stench of slow cooker slop, and this:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
If she married Elon Musk (and let’s face it, he does seem to have a thing for crazies, see Grimes) she’d probably spend all her time seething at Jeff Bezos for some reason. Never happy that one. She’d probably also spend all her time insisting that yes, while on paper she seems wealthy, she still has to do £20 shops because it’s all in assets and so complicated and blah blah. Oh and even if she’s worth 200 billion quid now, the scars of poverty run deep ya know…
Didn't Grimes come out with some nonsense about Musk living below the poverty line? That'd be perfect for Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Random, but I’ve just had to google the distance from her parents house to her high school as it’s been bugging me.
It’s about 4 miles. So spending the bus fare on chips and walking 14 miles is as much as a blag as it sounds because the round trip is 8 miles.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Guten tag frauen!

I’ve been lurking from the beginning pretty much… drawn in on another thread and then stayed for Jack Monroe.

I’m neither poor or much of a cook (am I Jack?) it’s mostly the comedy of the canal that keeps me here.

On many occasions, I’ve been close to leaving my dark, lurkers cave, drawn out by the hilarity of (in no particular order) the kumquat salon, DKL, Go Henry, Novak Nail, Shimmery Black Eye, Vintage Spoons, The Chairs, the brave fraus who have followed a recipe with the most hilarious commentary and results (mince pie sandwich anyone?), the wonderful poetry (Why you sad? Geography bad), The Vaginal Boils Index, Pet Slop Bots Landslide (thankspaceyou) The Onion Police...

I could go on, the laughs have been endless.

However lads, today is the day... I finally cracked.

The Power of the Pumble has overcome me.

I’m also eagerly awaiting thread 300. I’m sure the Cable will have something spectacular planned and I’m (finally) here for it.

This is without doubt, the funniest place on the internet.
Now duck off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 155
Didn't Grimes come out with some nonsense about Musk living below the poverty line? That'd be perfect for Jack.
And Musk is always claiming to work 120 hour weeks. Just like a certain smol pixie…

It’s perfect. He just bought Twitter so can ban all of Jack’s enemies (ie anyone who doesn’t constantly give her sufficient praise and narc supply.)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Gutted to have missed a watch along yesterday, but added to the gallery. She must have recorded this one first given she's shaking like a hostage victim. Maybe they ditched the filmed clip for last week as it was that bad?

It's still not been added to the Lorraine site 🤣

View media item 1282

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Gutted to have missed a watch along yesterday, but added to the gallery. She must have recorded this one first given she's shaking like a hostage victim. Maybe they ditched the filmed clip for last week as it was that bad?

View media item 1282
I was literally just coming to ask if anyone had posted a link, after a fruitless search of Lorraine on ITV and an unwillingness to sit through Lorraine on ITV Player. Thank you very Yel much Yel 💞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

View media item 1282
Oh I only just realised, her 'slot' was meant to be just through the month of April, so this must be the last one? Damn, was really looking forward to the recipe for the dog food + kidney beans concoction.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Her 1.60 (very sad looking) cake must be closer to £2 once you add in the price of cooking.

If only you could buy cakes easily for less in shops..

1651142819691.png

Her shaking reminds me of Mrs Doyle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Ya know Jack likes to LARP as an outsider to the media elite bubble ("too tattooed", "too Essex", "Too non binary" etc) but I literally cannot think of anyone else who has been given so many second chances at a TV career as she has, after demonstrating her incompetence every single time. Same goes for her books and social media / current affairs platforms. She honestly fails upwards harder than a cis white straight rich blonde handsome dude lol.
My theoretical explanation is that her two famous exes have a lot of media clout in the small, posh, exclusive circles of programme commissioners and media movers and shakers. So people still want to do Jack favours for that reason.

ETA I can't watch her Lorraine slots because the shaking would trigger me too much. Would take me back to my active addiction days, I used to get terrible shakes and do the stupidest most far fetched things to try ad cover it up. I am NOT spositing addiction as the reason for Jack's shakes, not at all, your Honour! Just for me, it brings back horrible memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
And Musk is always claiming to work 120 hour weeks. Just like a certain smol pixie…

It’s perfect. He just bought Twitter so can ban all of Jack’s enemies (ie anyone who doesn’t constantly give her sufficient praise and narc supply.)
He also doesn’t pay his taxes…

But she wouldn’t want Elon, he doesn’t have a Forever Home, he sold all his mansions and now lives in a prefab box in Texas or something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
“I don’t write prescriptions, I write ideas”
“You can swap anything out and the recipe will still work”

spoken like a true chef…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
How was it dry in the middle and raw right round the outside?
Defying all laws of physics

• Haha
Reactions: 35

View media item 1282
1. the slow mo stirring the contents of a child’s nappy
2. the shaking like a shitting dog. again.
3. the substitutions 😂😂😂
4. the grotty t-shirt that looks like it needs throwing away
5. the stupid gelatine in the middle of the cake. no wait, it’s pear 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
OT why is his girlfriend called Grimes? That doesn't exactly make you think oh yes I will date this person unless your our little pixie. She seems to like grimey sounding things.

Also the pear cake I just can't. What's wrong with a basci Vicky sponge. Cheap and chips and neatly everyone loves it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.