Jack Monroe #540 Meet the new Jack, same as the old Jack.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
coming in late to say i also saved a snippet once if newer fraus would like to see how the video ended (or was this the Oasis one?)

Thank you thank you just thank you sniff bye. Seriously though. Thank you tenderstem ❤
---
coming in late to say i also saved a snippet once if newer fraus would like to see how the video ended (or was this the Oasis one?)

Ps WWHHHAAATTT? There’s an Oasis one??
---
She's still got a whole bunch of pics of the poor disabled kitten and one of a rabbit in one of her highlights 😡
Wtf is wrong with her? Where do we start I know…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Aw, remember when Aunty Pat appeared on Ready, Steady, Cook in 1996? She thought James Martin was "a bit dishy" back then and had her fingers crossed that he'd be her partner, but ended up getting paired with Lesley Waters. They lost but she had a lovely day out.

Screenshot_20230907-201259_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Aunty Pat waving to see if Ainsley will get his big cook out .

• Haha
Reactions: 29
They were fake for this TERRIBLE photoshoot and say (duck knows why) LOVE CAKE
View attachment 2432290
duck me, the Guardian had their head so far up her arse they could have licked her tonsils from the inside. Cunts all.
The Guardian are defunct organisation, I'm not even sure how they pay their staff... can't be long before they're gone surely? Or have they been bailed out by some mega-corp.

Reactions: 16
I think we need to set aside any notion of Jack doing credible or meaningful campaigning. She hasn’t done so for a long time and is no longer the go-to for many years. When she was giving out advice to those in poverty recently, it was to put shampoo in the washing machine and to shoplift from Superdrug. It’s safe to say she lost her clout long, long ago. As such the only people booking her are middle class religious festivals where their attendees have no understanding of poverty.

anything half decent wouldn’t go near her. To that end, I don’t see the point in saying ‘she should be doing this or that’ type of thing. She was given a chance and couldn’t/didn’t do it.
Totally agree, I think she effed herself up badly with the shoplifting thing, now that it's affecting so many innocent shopkeepers who can't afford security and also even big store security guards are getting harmed and the whole JD Sports 'event'. Nobody thinks shoplifting is cool or it's the 'solution' not even anarchists. She's just revealed herself for being the abs desperado she is.
---
Nepotism is probably the one of the most odious things about middle and upper classes in my opinion. It’s literally how the circle of privilege becomes sealed and self-perpetuating. But it’s seen as totally acceptable. Somehow less offensive to me in the arts than law/medicine/ exclusive and sought-after university courses. I have a relative 🍉 who is a senior consultant dr. His daughter didn’t get into medicine… she did have the academic qualifications but didn’t pass the interview and wasn’t selected, given constructive/negative feedback. He phoned up the medical school and insisted they let her in. Which worked. Networking and cultural capital and the social/nepotistic benefits of having well-connected professional parents, never mind the financial benefits, mean that getting disadvantaged kids into uni doesn’t really work in terms of reducing social inequality.
I totally agree. The example I gave was actually very recent and involved a major international A lister's child, I don't actually know who as they couldn't tell me but someone massive. Anyway the subject was a creative one.

Reactions: 21
I've always felt that after thread 50 you should be able to post any old related shite. Up to grown ups to sort out .
Off to thread >57

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The Guardian are defunct organisation, I'm not even sure how they pay their staff... can't be long before they're gone surely? Or have they been bailed out by some mega-corp.
Is there some info i haven't seen? They were making lossess for years but it seems their current financial model is working out to profit the last 18 months or so.
(I do read it online quite a lot - mainly because it's not behind a paywall nor unusable through excessive ads like all the tabloids and locals)

Reactions: 17
Is there some info i haven't seen? They were making lossess for years but it seems their current financial model is working out to profit the last 18 months or so.
(I do read it online quite a lot - mainly because it's not behind a paywall nor unusable through excessive ads like all the tabloids and locals)
Dunno... I abandoned taking heed years ago but it wasn't long since they were vacating their offices and were just about to shut down their London HQ. I wonder how they turned it around?

Reactions: 12
Aw, remember when Aunty Pat appeared on Ready, Steady, Cook in 1996? She thought James Martin was "a bit dishy" back then and had her fingers crossed that he'd be her partner, but ended up getting paired with Lesley Waters. They lost but she had a lovely day out.

View attachment 2432965
Whenever this is posted, I scroll past and wonder why Raj’s girlfriend Lucy from the Big Bang Theory is being mentioned 🤣

IMG_5386.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I agree that Buddy That Man does an excellent job on his cookery videos, but again who's to say how much of that is from seeing his dad do the same thing for years, and probably having access to the production staff and resources his dad has. It's hard to say where nepotism starts and talent begins. Guest has neither, though.
Ditto dorklyn beckham

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Terrible to think that the Daily Wail got something right. 😯

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think we need to set aside any notion of Jack doing credible or meaningful campaigning. She hasn’t done so for a long time and is no longer the go-to for many years. When she was giving out advice to those in poverty recently, it was to put shampoo in the washing machine and to shoplift from Superdrug. It’s safe to say she lost her clout long, long ago. As such the only people booking her are middle class religious festivals where their attendees have no understanding of poverty.

anything half decent wouldn’t go near her. To that end, I don’t see the point in saying ‘she should be doing this or that’ type of thing. She was given a chance and couldn’t/didn’t do it.
Agree.

There'll be lots of people here doing more for others for selfless reasons and most won't even realise they are doing it. Helped with a bake sale? Given a washing machine away on freecycle? Keep an eye out in case someone or something vulnerable like a child old person or pet is lost in your area? Put some tins in the food bank box? Chucked your change in a charity bucket? All those things are selfless. None exchanged for head pats or patreon rewards.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.