Jack Monroe #212 Oh shhh, grenaaaaaade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. I've never seen a pose quite like it. The hands are a basic.
She looks about as professional as mr tumble in a be sensible competition. She's the least professional person i have seen in a long time, and she wants front something as serious as child and adult poverty.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I never went to my graduation because I couldn't bear to wear a cap and gown as I would look completely stupid. They sent my certificate through the post as I was working in a different city.

If I had gone I certainly wouldn't be grinning like a Cheshire cat. I had earned my degree through hard work, not been gifted it from a muddy puddle. I have seen many a graduation picture of friends, family and neighbours, not a single one is as ridiculous as Jack's. Gurning manically at the camera like an idiot. Turns my stomach.

Back from my third primary vaccination. Hope the side effects are the same as last time, slept like a baby for hours on end.

ETA I wouldn't be surprised if Jack bought the gown and the rest of the outfit instead of hiring them like most people do. I can imagine her parading around the house thinking she is some sort of academic.
It is the exact opposite of every graduation photo taken ever. Especially those who returned to higher education later in life.
Anyone I know who graduated as a mature student are so proud of their pictures. Especially Mums going back to Uni after raising a family.
They genuinely have struggled to study whilst juggling kids and jobs and it probably hit them financially too. No one would pull a stupid pose like Jack did, but then Jack didn't study or make sacrifices to get her hat and gown.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
My son is in my graduation photo. My mum has one of me on my own and i asked for another one to be taken with me and my son. ( Husband had to work)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That graduation photo is terrifying!

@Silver Linings
please please don’t feel bad about your screenshot. She publicly mentioned the name it wasn’t like you tricked her in to saying it. Plus he has been there on her open friends list on social media for ages (and a crap load of photos on other family members sm) so it’s not hidden. She’s just a bleeping moron when it comes to her son’s safety and privacy. She can’t claim anyone is sharing private information about her when it is SO open. I mean she even did that bullshit tweet about showing her son how quickly SM posts can spread!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
@Silverlinings
If she wants too keep her family private then they should not feature on her work profile. She should have a friend's and family one.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I believe @KingBabar was a member (apologies for calling you]
Sorry, I wasn't in the makeup group.I read her Facebook account during the beginning of ' the poverty' when she was trying to make a living crafting... an account that mysteriously disappeared as soon as she became 'known'.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Sorry, I wasn't in the makeup group.I read her Facebook account during the beginning of ' the poverty' when she was trying to make a living crafting... an account that mysteriously disappeared as soon as she became 'known'.
As much as I cringe at the selfies, the costumes, the 'crafting' and the 'photography', it's a much less traumatic way of fulfilling that burning need to express her creativity than inventing weird food combos and being economical with the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
No-one who "studied" ballet would stand like this. Zero turn out, arms thrown back with careless floppy hands instead of correct ballet fifth and arched lower back. My old ballet teacher would be turning in her grave if any of her students pretended this was balletic!
I reckon her ballet skills are probably the equal of her piano skills.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
teenage me insincerely thanking my mum for giving me more pocket money after throwing a bleeping big strop to get my own way

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Butch is not a "set of clothes you get out of a cupboard". Butch is not "short hair". Butch is not "wearing men's clothing". Butch is not "Doc Martins". Butch is not "having tattoos". Butch is not "not wearing makeup". Anyone can do these things, it does not make you butch.
I wear no make up, wear Docs, and have tattoos. I still sometimes wear shirts that were my dad's. I am not at all butch.

I do have actual firefighting training though. Unlike Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.