Jack Monroe #540 Meet the new Jack, same as the old Jack.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She had to quit first term, due to bad metals or some such. Possibly because she wrote a mental nonsense essay about Potemkin villages and crop rotation in the 14th century that was little to do with the subject of….nutrition
I love this Potemkin village bullshit. We've all been down a Wikipedia rabbit hole, love. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
You can read more about it for yourself.

The key passage is this:
" Oliver is one of the backers of the Feed the Future campaign, which is calling for a cross-party commitment to expand eligibility for free school meals to all children in England."

Yeah he wants them to roll the London scheme out so that’s primary specifically and he’s quoted in other articles as saying that.

Feed the future are actually focusing on campaigning to extend it to all families on universal credit for now which is a far better first step IMO than rolling out the London scheme nationwide and missing secondary school pupils. So what Oliver is saying currently isn’t what FTF are saying.

Reactions: 14
She had to quit first term, due to bad metals or some such. Possibly because she wrote a mental nonsense essay about Potemkin villages and crop rotation in the 14th century that was little to do with the subject of….nutrition
I'm 50:50 as to whether this is a joke or true story...

In case it's true, I would pay *good money* to read that essay!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Tats. Instead of a hells angel biker with LOVE HATE, hers appears to say FAKE 😂
omg as IF. It’s a race to the bottom in terms of my least favourite guset, but my absolute fav by far is ‘accidental troll, Jack’. It’s like the ultimate satire. I can’t get enough of it!!!!!!
---
I'm 50:50 as to whether this is a joke or true story...

In case it's true, I would pay *good money* to read that essay!
remember the number one rule of the jackiverse, tenderdoc - if it sounds like the canal made it up, then they probably didn’t!

ETA closely followed by rule no. 2 - NEVER touch the slop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The cost of school dinners cos they've been outsourced as for-profit catering is shocking. Meanwhile rapists, ponces and murderers are fed 3 meals a day at the taxpayers expense. There was a scandal at a school local to me recently where dinner ladies removed plates of food from kids about to eat cos their accounts were in deficit- these are women who are probably mums and grandmothers themselves, utter disgrace. Humiliating and stigmatising.

Nepotism will make me avoid the person and their product as soon as I'm aware of it - stealing a place in culture on the basis of whose muff you shot out of doesn't float my boat. I imagine poor SB will experience the opposite of that if guest doesn't clean up her act and stop being a by-word for grifter. Even if she doesn't care about her own standing or future reputation she should do it for him. He'll be tarred by association.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The cost of school dinners cos they've been outsourced as for-profit catering is shocking. Meanwhile rapists, ponces and murderers are fed 3 meals a day at the taxpayers expense. There was a scandal at a school local to me recently where dinner ladies removed plates of food from kids about to eat cos their accounts were in deficit- these are women who are probably mums and grandmothers themselves, utter disgrace. Humiliating and stigmatising.

Nepotism will make me avoid the person and their product as soon as I'm aware of it - stealing a place in culture on the basis of whose muff you shot out of doesn't float my boat. I imagine poor SB will experience the opposite of that if guest doesn't clean up her act and stop being a by-word for grifter. Even if she doesn't care about her own standing or future reputation she should do it for him. He'll be tarred by association.
I genuinely can’t imagine what goes through the heads of dinner ladies removing food from children in deficit as if it’s their fault.

At high school if they know it’s because they got three sausage rolls at break and didn’t save money for lunch then fair enough but when it’s because their parents can’t (or won’t) add enough money or the free allowance doesn’t buy a full meal at high school sometimes it just seems incredibly so cruel.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Looks like fake tattoos that look like they spell fake!
They were fake for this TERRIBLE photoshoot and say (duck knows why) LOVE CAKE
IMG_3768.jpeg

duck me, the Guardian had their head so far up her arse they could have licked her tonsils from the inside. Cunts all.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
Imagine if guset got forensic about free school meals. No, neither can I. The interconnectedness of seeing feeding kids at school as an investment, not an expense, and the potential for sourcing food locally and supporting low carbon agriculture* is bloody fascinating. It’s exciting. But no: that doesn’t put a breitling on a wrist.

*Anyone listen to the ep of Food Programme** about the global food system and what it said about Brazil? Free food for all school kids, a budget of $1.1b, 30% of which has to be spent on food sourced from family farms, and linking food budgets in built up areas such as São Paulo to support low carbon agriculture (BBC Sounds, 13/08/2023, schools from 7 mins, although the whole programme is interesting).

**Yeah, I know they’ve been well up guset’s arse in the past, and I prefer The Food Chain on the World Service, but it’s a good ep.
I missed that, I’ll give it a listen thanks @Darvos

And I have to say that the “guest does less than nothing so let’s critique someone doing something decent” whataboutery really boils my onions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I missed that, I’ll give it a listen thanks @Darvos

And I have to say that the “guest does less than nothing so let’s critique someone doing something decent” whataboutery really boils my onions.
I think it’s fair enough to point out when someone is getting all headlines for a) saying something that’s at odds with what the scheme they are backing is saying (a scheme with far more experience of FSM and need than JO will personally have) and b) thus making it more likely the politicians will want to do “their” idea even if that means the most pressing needs aren’t actually met because Mr/Mrs Well Off Celeb got what they wanted.

He’s doing more than Jack but let’s be real, that’s a bleeping low bar.

Reactions: 15
The only thing worse than Rockabilly Jack’s styling in that stupid photoshoot is when she later tried to style it herself and ended up looking like your friend from primary school’s Mam who’s “glammed herself up a bit” to hide the fact she’s not handling the divorce too well.
View attachment 2432222View attachment 2432223You know the one? Drinks Galliano and lemonade down the pub and laughs a lot at nothing, loudly, with her head thrown back and her eyes darting around to check everyone’s looking at her and what a GREAT time she’s having.
This is not the same person. I refuse to believe it. She obviously pays for stunt doubles. Especially the ones trying the slop.

IMG_0724.jpeg
IMG_0723.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
View attachment 2432290
duck me, the Guardian had their head so far up her arse they could have licked her tonsils from the inside. Cunts all.
If you removed the E from the left hand it would say 'Love Gak'. Probably more accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Rockabilly Jack is cringey, but at least the studio photos show her natural face shape and jawline. No ickle-pickle Peter-Pixie-Pan sharpened chins and giant eyes. And they've got her to close her massive gummy gob. I think the bouffant is a wig though.

This is not the same person. I refuse to believe it. She obviously pays for stunt doubles. Especially the ones trying the slop.

View attachment 2432301View attachment 2432302

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I should say the one doctor cancels out the other doctor and we're all even stevens in the world.
Thank you. I wasn't sure how it worked - was it "doctor" doubled, "doctor" squared or what :unsure: - but having the second one cancel out the first (like when you press the "mute" button twice on your telly control). That's very reassuring, actually , , ,
---
If guset was asked to come up with a new flavour for chocolate.
View attachment 2431105PPY!
YOU SICK BARSTEWARD! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2432290
So far up her arse they could see Smol Robot Guy’s feet

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Rockabilly Jack was the cover of The Observer food magazine in ?late summer/ early autumn 2014.
Recipes included peach & chickpea curry but also battered fried cod roe.
Jack's version of scampi 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.